• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks trade 2011 4th round pick for Lynch

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;50806 said:
did forsett play last week?
:resent:
Yeah, but didn't do a whole lot.

I don't know why, but I'm really excited to see what Lynch can do. He reminds me a lot of Steven Jackson...big, physical and elusive.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Forsett and Lynch are good friends. I think he is fine with this. I'm sure Lynch is about as good as anything we would have gotten in the 4th round.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I got butterflies when I heard the move.
For a fourth rounder? a steal IMO.

Lynch reminds me of Marion Barber, a big, fast, violent back, only younger,with better hands.

This also affirms that the FO is willing to do what it takes to improve and win now.

Sorry for J.J. who I liked, but this is going to be a much improved backfield with power, and flash.
1,2, ka-pow!

Basically we traded Josh for Lynch, which I will take.

Im gonna throw this out there see if I can any bites...

This could be the best back since..... John L. Williams.

:rotfl:sorry shawny!

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;50821 said:
This could be the best back since..... John L. Williams.

Except for being an illegal gun-toting hit-and-runner! The only hit-and-runs John L. committed were on the field, where it belongs.

Hope this genius has realized the errors of his ways and is ready to be a Seahawk on AND off the field. This ain't Cincinnati.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Or Oakland! His crimes seem thugish, he needs to clean it up if he wants to stay in the NFL!
Hopefully being alittle older and a new begining will help in that regard, PC and Seattle has become a second chance for players, and being re-united with do-gooder former teamate forsett may be a positive influence for him.

Its encouraging also hear that both PC and Schneider have known him as a young player and have kept an eye on him.

Reaction score
If utilized properly by this team and it's offensive play callers, Lynch will be a star... if misused then he will fail like anyone else they would bring in here.

The Seahawks need to start playing real football now, enough of this trying-to-over-compensate-for-the-lack-of-talent-by-trying-to-catch-defenses-off-guard-with-trick-plays shit. It almost never works... see 2009 season and greg knapp and how that worked out.

If it is 3rd and short, line up in the I, with two tight ends, and give Lynch the rock and let him pound it. Do that a couple times. Make the defense honest. Get them to stack the box and hit them with a deep play action.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Call me crazy but I still think that Forsett is going to be the man. First and second down Forsett and third down Lynch. Maybe that is my fantasy team talking??

Either way, I love this pick up. There are no 4th rounders as good as Lynch, good pick up Hawks.

Reaction score
dizzle498;50833 said:
Call me crazy but I still think that Forsett is going to be the man. First and second down Forsett and third down Lynch. Maybe that is my fantasy team talking??

Either way, I love this pick up. There are no 4th rounders as good as Lynch, good pick up Hawks.
Forsett will probably get the start against the Bears, but his carries will drop, especially if Lynch performs better.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Forsett may get the start and be the guy for one or if he is lucky two more games. As much as I love Forsett, Lynch is a far superior talent. He will be the starting and goal-line back once he is familiar and comfortable with the offense. They still may keep Forsett as their 3rd down back but Lynch is a physical guy and can catch out of the backfield so I dont know. Either way, Lynch will eventually get the majority of the carries and that is a good thing...he is a beast. Hopefully we can lock him up long term after this year.

Reaction score
I said it last year and had people calling me an idiot for it and so now I'll say it again Forsett is best suited to be a change-of-pace style back. Especially now since there's such a big contrast between him and Lynch.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
emote_stupid.gif
Yep. I got grilled for that, too.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
If I had forsett and Lynch on my team...

I would definetly use Lynch as my 1/2nd down back, and as a short yardage pounder.

I would sprinkle in forsett as a 'change of pace' back but also in the shotgun because of his pass protection ability and to rest lynch. Forsett and Leon should both be used as check downs and little flat passes we have to get the ball to Leon besides on ST, he can really be a game changer.

Top Bottom