• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks sign J.P. Losman

Reaction score
Losman? Really? He sucks. This bites. The only good thing about this offseason has been the draft we had.

Reaction score
lol right after the story that reilly could beat out Teel for the 3rd spot.

Still think Teel is better than clipboard holder and JP

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;48426 said:
lol right after the story that reilly could beat out Teel for the 3rd spot.

Still think Teel is better than clipboard holder and JP

Agreed, about Teel being better than Jp but im still not sure how i feel about Whitehurst.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Just more "healthy competition". I wonder what the terms are.
J.P. may beat out teal for that 3rd spot.

OP
S

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
szat;48430 said:
Just more "healthy competition". I wonder what the terms are.

I heard he gets 2 meals guaranteed from Taco Bell, a free Seahawks pen and a "my name is" sticker that says "J.P. Jackass" on it as well. He also gets to share a helmet like in the Waterboy with Julius Jones.

Reaction score
EricOV;48442 said:
Teel is officially gone...

that pisses me off Teel did damn good last preseason.
QB in the next draft? Without Teel they need youth at the position.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Say what you will about J.P. I think bringing him in brings 3 potential starters to the roster.

Training camp will be competative and if something happens to matt, these two guys will battle for that back up spot.

I still think the order as of now is:

1. Matt
2. Whitehurst
3. Losman

and not alot of margin between any of them.
Im even excited for pre-season!

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Ugh...Losman, really?...He played for the Raider, Bills, and the Las Vegas UFL team...enough said!

Reaction score
Dude, not saying I am a huge Losman fan, but I think Whitehurst and Losman is an improvement from last years back ups of Senecca and Teel.

At least now if Matt goes down, we won't have to automatically chalk up those games as loses.

I liked Teel, but there is a reason the team released him, we may not know or agree with it, but that's why we don't make millions of dollars to make those decisions.

Reaction score
They keep saying that we released Teel because he wasnt a mobile quarterback...and we are going to be using a system that requires mobility.

sense when was Matt Hasselbeck Mobile?:glare:

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Teel doesn't have a Super Bowl appearance, multiple division titles/playoff appearances, 3 Pro Bowls, and almost every franchise record to his name. You can sacrifice some mobility for those credentials.

HawksFan51

Huddler
Reaction score
Mike Teel had potential, But JP. Losman has even more potential right now than Teel would have had even with years of grooming.. Talent wise JP has a far higher upside then Teel had and that's what I think that Pete Carroll & his staff saw when they made this move...

Reaction score
Number 18;48488 said:
Teel doesn't have a Super Bowl appearance, multiple division titles/playoff appearances, 3 Pro Bowls, and almost every franchise record to his name. You can sacrifice some mobility for those credentials.

Good point....

but if we have a starting QB that is not mobile then we cant claim that our system requires mobile QBs...

you know what i mean?

Reaction score
really1? JP topped out years ago. Teel outplayed clipboard in the preseason and has the same stats/record in regular season.

HawksFan51;48496 said:
Mike Teel had potential, But JP. Losman has even more potential right now than Teel would have had even with years of grooming.. Talent wise JP has a far higher upside then Teel had and that's what I think that Pete Carroll & his staff saw when they made this move...

Top Bottom