• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Sign DE James Wyche

garydrake425

Huddler
Reaction score
brian_mcintyre #Seahawks Sign DE James Wyche

Danny O'Neil of the Seattle Times reports that the Seattle Seahawks have signed veteran defensive end James Wyche.

Wyche takes the roster spot created with the trade of cornerback Josh Wilson to the Baltimore Ravens.

The 6-5, 275-pound Wyche was a seventh-round pick (213th overall) out of Syracuse by the Jacksonville Jaguars in 2006. Wyche spent most of his rookie season on the practice squad, and spent 2007 and 2008 on injured reserve with groin and knee injuries.

Wyche made one tackle in two games for the Jaguars before being waived. Wyche was claimed by the St. Louis Rams, where he appeared in one game but posted no statistics.

The Rams released Wyche in June, and he was signed by the Houston Texans on August 16. Wyche did not appear in the Texans' pre-season game against the New Orleans Saints, and was cut on August 24.

I dont know what this guy has to offer to us besides taking someone else's spot to make the team better. I dont like the injurys.:scenic:

pauleyb

Huddler
Reaction score
The Seahawks are quickly becoming the "second chance" team of the NFL. I mean, I don't need big name free agents every off season but for god sakes, who are these people?

Top Bottom