• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Getting Some Guys Healthy

Idahawk

Reaction score
Things are looking up in Hawkland , a few of the missing pieces appear to be good to go for this weeks match up vs the Giants .

The Giants took a beating against the Colts on MNF and now travel to the clink on a short week to face the Seahawks. Manning threw for 359 yards and 2 TD's vs the colts and are in a must win situation if they wish to keep their slim playoff chances alive . Odell Beckum seems to be coming on , but the g men lose CB Prince Amukamara for the season and there already depleted in the secondary

The Seahawks are struggling in the passing game , but the run game and defense played much better albeit against a lowly Raiders team , still it could be just the kick start the team needs .

Giants are a cornered animal and dangerous if the Hawks let them stay around , another win going into a couple divisional games would be important .

http://mynorthwest.com/292/2637077/Carroll-says-Seahawks-injury-situation-could-improve-this-week

seahawkblitz

Huddler
Reaction score
time to put together a complete game heading into the gauntlet that is the last 7 games of our season. The division and even a top seed are still within reach if we can string some wins together.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Now we get to find out what this team's got this year. A combination of stuff has kept their level of play down quite a bit from last year not the least of which the rash of injuries that has been worse than its ever been since PC got here.

Letting Tate go was a mistake. Projected stats for Tate this year are 1600 yards and 8 TDs and there's even been some talk that Tate has made Megatron somewhat expendable in Motown and that they are considering cutting him loose at the end of the season. We let Tate go because of Harvin. Detroit could conceivably cut Megatron loose because of Tate. Can you grasp the irony in that? Point being that the passing game is gonna be the biggest question mark going forward due in no small part to Tate not being in there anymore. They obviously need a significant impact from Richardson and Norwood from this point on if they want to have a shot at it again this year.
There's little doubt the defense will get back to a championship level again especially since they have already been heading in that direction with some key guys still out. With Tharold Simon now playing the secondary will be at full strength for the first time all season. Nice to have another winnable game this Sunday as a primer for the following 4 games in a row between the Cards and Niners that will make or break the season.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Tate's success in mo town is largely due to Megatron being injured , I don't think he's became elite or even close to it , and don't forget what they paid Tate ? I'd be shocked if CJ doesn't retire a Lion.
As far as letting Tate go
I viewed it as having 3 guys all about the same in Tate , Kearse and Baldwin , same size, same speed only Tate wanted millions and had to go .

I think we're looking at the future in many areas of the offense , balancing being competitive and getting noobs playing time and seeing what you have at the same time. My knock on Tate is that he never did much of anything until it was his contract year , where was he before that ? Certainly not deserving of the millions he got , I think we would love to have him playing at the level he is now , to bad he didn't do it sooner . In the long run I think it's for the best the way it worked out .

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Tate's success in mo town is largely due to Megatron being injured , I don't think he's became elite or even close to it , and don't forget what they paid Tate ? I'd be shocked if CJ doesn't retire a Lion.
As far as letting Tate go
I viewed it as having 3 guys all about the same in Tate , Kearse and Baldwin , same size, same speed only Tate wanted millions and had to go .

I think we're looking at the future in many areas of the offense , balancing being competitive and getting noobs playing time and seeing what you have at the same time. My knock on Tate is that he never did much of anything until it was his contract year , where was he before that ? Certainly not deserving of the millions he got , I think we would love to have him playing at the level he is now , to bad he didn't do it sooner . In the long run I think it's for the best the way it worked out .

You don't think Tate is becoming elite or even close to it? You ARE kidding right? He's already cracking that class. And how is Megatron not being on the field allowing Tate to put up all pro numbers? Megatron's not out there helping him, he's doing it all by himself. If anything, not having Megatron out there to draw the double teams and the opposition's best DBs has made it tougher for Tate, not easier. And don't forget: Tate represents everything good about a WR. He's hands-dirty, tough, totally old school. Everything that Percy Harvin isn't. And they still haven't figured out the PR situation, which was an important component to the title run last year.
Yes, they made a mistake letting him go. It happens. I'm not trashing the Hawks because it's hindsight now. But it was a mistake. They might be 7-1 right now if Tate was still here. And none of the 3 guys you mentioned is in his class, especially Kearse. Kearse gets like 2 catches and 3 looks a game. Tate gets 100 yards a game. Him being gone isn't the only reason why the Seahawks are 30th in the league in passing but he's probably the biggest reason.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Contract status by the way: 5 years, 31 mil, 13.5 guaranteed. 1.5 mil this season. He's worth that kind of $$ easily, even by last year's standards when he had 864 yards. But he's already got pretty close to that and the season's only half over so it's safe to say he's taking his game to another level entirely.
Good chance Detroit is going to move Megatron after this season. If they keep him he'll put about a 19m cap hit on them. 2 or 3 years ago they would have gladly taken that but evidence shows he's starting to break down physically because his renowned durability is leaving him.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
You don't think Tate is becoming elite or even close to it? You ARE kidding right?

I'm certainly not of the belief that a Detriot team is going to dump a superstar like CJ and replace him with Tate ?

You'll see Tate's red zone targets go way down now that CJ is back , it's only common sense , CJ is the bigger , better and more talented guy . Tate is a nice #2 in a pass heavy offense , Kearse or Baldwin would likely do the same thing given that situation.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
You don't think Tate is becoming elite or even close to it? You ARE kidding right?

I'm certainly not of the belief that a Detriot team is going to dump a superstar like CJ and replace him with Tate ?

You'll see Tate's red zone targets go way down now that CJ is back , it's only common sense , CJ is the bigger , better and more talented guy . Tate is a nice #2 in a pass heavy offense , Kearse or Baldwin would likely do the same thing given that situation.

Maybe they won't dump him, maybe they will. There comes a point in time when teams become too enamored with the so-called superstar, especially when durability becomes an issue. $20 million is an awful lot to pay someone to sit. There comes a time when a team's gotta either make good moves or make bad moves and sometimes cutting loose of a superstar is a good move. It happens all the time in the NFL. Moving Megatron would involve a lot more than just deciding to go with Tate instead of him. No one's claiming Tate is in Megatron's class (although he's inching closer than some might think. He's on pace to get 1500+ yards this year and Megatron's only exceeded that mark once in about 7 seasons). No one's really in Megatron's class except for maybe Antonio Brown but he's cracking his way into the next group down, along with guys like Maclin, Jordy Nelson, AJ Green and a few others. But the question is, which is the better situation, having Tate plus the $20 million in cap flexibility or having Megatron with suddenly 'iffy' durability and minus the cap flexibility? You can add a LOT of talent to your roster with $20 million worth of cap space.
Tate was the #1 guy here last year, not Kearse or Baldwin. And it's obvious to anyone that Tate has taken his game to another level this year. He's better this year than last year and he was the best WR on this team last year. Kearse? I'm not sure why so many people are so enamored with the guy. He comes up with a clutch play here and there but he's not starter material. He never has been. You don't stake your passing game on a 300-500 yard per year guy. But even if Tate's red zone targets go way down like you're saying, he'll still get more looks and more TDs than Kearse. And he's got a sort of toughness that is kinda old school that you just don't see that much anymore in this day and age of WR divas. Kinda hard to put a price tag on that.
Baldwin is a bit more of a realistic comparison to Tate than Kearse but Tate's got more big play ability and is much better at YAC than Baldwin is.
If Kearse ever starts stringing together a few 100 yard games or a couple 150 yard games then maybe a comparison with Tate is in order. But as of now, he's a 3 at best and more like a 4 on most teams except this one. But then again this team is dead last in passing now. No chance in hell they get back to the Super Bowl unless they pick that part of the game up between now and playoff time.

Last edited:
Top Bottom