• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Players Visiting Seattle thread

Idahawk

Reaction score
Jason Hatcher DT

For the most part of his career with the Cowboys he was a reserve player (his first start was in 2010) and seen as a disappointment, until he resigned with the team in 2011 after not receiving much interest in the free agent market. That season with the arrival of defensive coordinator Rob Ryan, he established himself as one of the team starters at defensive end, ahead of Marcus Spears and improved his overall play, compiling a career high in tackles (36) and sacks (4.5).
In 2012 he was the Cowboys best defensive lineman and the only one to start all 16 games, on a defense decimated by injuries. He also improved his production, registering 4 sacks and career highs with 51 tackles and 29 quarterback pressures (second in the NFL among interior linemen

Jermichael Finley TE

Finley was drafted by the Green Bay Packers in the third round of the 2008 NFL Draft.[6] He battled Tory Humphrey in training camp to be the Packers' No. 2 tight end.Finley eventually won the battle with incumbent veteran, Donald Lee for the starting Tight End position.
Finley had a breakout season in 2009, totaling his first 100-yard game in an October 5 matchup against the Minnesota Vikings while finishing the latter half of the season leading the team in targets. On January 10, 2010, Finley posted an historic performance in the Packers playoff bout with the Arizona Cardinals, catching six passes for 159 yards, the second most yards amassed by a tight end in playoff history behind Kellen Winslow's performance in The Epic in Miami.
After posting two 100-yard games in the first three games of 2010, Finley suffered a season-ending knee injury against the Washington Redskins. He was placed on injured reserve by the Packers on October 18.
Finley started the 2011 season off strong, catching three touchdowns in a Week 3 divisional match up against the Chicago Bears. Despite key drops late in the season, Finley still finished 3rd amongst tight ends in receiving touchdowns and 12th in terms of yards. After the 2011 season, Finley became a free agent. On February 22, 2012 the Green Bay Packers resigned Jermichael Finley to a 2-year $14 million contract. Finley was set to make a little over $5 million in 2012, and will make around $8 million in 2013. In week 7 of the 2013 season against the Browns, Finley suffered a bruised spinal cord.

Free Brandon Browner

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Not sure if he's visitng but I heard now Denver is focusing on DeMarcus Ware, Jared Allen has turned his attention to the Bears and Seahawks as possible landing spots.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Taylor Price WR to visit Seahawks

Ohio St product

3 rd pick by Pats , waived then picked up by the Jags and released

Here's that chip on the shoulder guy :)

Free Brandon Browner

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Clayton is reporting that Peppers and Allen could get in a discount war to join Seattle .

It's good to be King .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Let tate go, cut clem, cut miller. Sign allen, hatcher, and finley, draft wr and OL. This would be okay with me.

12thManFan

Huddler
Reaction score
Let tate go, cut clem, cut miller. Sign allen, hatcher, and finley, draft wr and OL. This would be okay with me.
I like all of that except Miller :/ Finley's health is too big a concern. Restructure it though, always an option.

RenegadeHawkFan

Huddler
Reaction score
I like all of that except Miller :/ Finley's health is too big a concern. Restructure it though, always an option.
I just think with finleys health concerns we can get him for a pretty good deal. Plus i read somewhere that our team doctor is the head of the nfls head, neck and spine committee. So if jermichael can get a clearance from him i trust it. So witha cheap deal with finley, willson still on his rookie deal, and mccoy just signed for cheap im not dure of the exact numbers but we could have all 3 for the same if not less than just miller. I love miller as a blocker but i think we need to move on. Finley is a high risk/high reward guy and if we can get good production out of him i think its the right move. We need to start lookin to cut money somewhere with earl, sherm, and RW contracts comin up.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Per Mark Sessler of NFL. Com Jared Allen will walk away from football if he can't get a fair contract.

If you're a free agent you get what the market demands. Fair or not.

Seems he's being a tad short sided considering his age.

If we get him at a discount so be it.

Sent from a cell at the CLink...

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Per Mark Sessler of NFL. Com Jared Allen will walk away from football if he can't get a fair contract.

Cold hard reality for Allen , if he wants a ring he better suck up and take his best option .

RAMSWRATH

Huddler
Reaction score

Doesn't read like a discount war from Allen's POV. Perhaps his agent has him on sale without telling him?;)

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Doesn't read like a discount war from Allen's POV. Perhaps his agent has him on sale without telling him?;)

Perhaps he doesn't want to appear desperate since only two teams seem slightly interested on day two.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Pouting won't Help his cause , I'll take my skills and go home , lol .

Wake up Jared you played for Idaho St you love to fish and hunt , the NW at a discount rate is your future !

Free Brandon Browner

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
Pouting won't Help his cause , I'll take my skills and go home , lol .

Wake up Jared you played for Idaho St you love to fish and hunt , the NW at a discount rate is your future !
Free Brandon Browner

He'll be back once he realizes he doesn't have a ring in his Jewelry box.

seer-12thman

Huddler
Reaction score
It seems to me the rookie salary cap is also hurting the free agent's, especially the ones that are 30 or older. Teams seem to be letting older players with big salary go to draft replacement's at a much lower salary to save on team cap money. They look at the Seahawks and the player's they have drafted and released and can see what they have done with a young team. I don't think older free agent's can count on big contracts any more and will have to realize that.

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
It seems to me the rookie salary cap is also hurting the free agent's, especially the ones that are 30 or older. Teams seem to be letting older players with big salary go to draft replacement's at a much lower salary to save on team cap money. They look at the Seahawks and the player's they have drafted and released and can see what they have done with a young team. I don't think older free agent's can count on big contracts any more and will have to realize that.

I agree. The other thing they are learning is get it done on day one. Day two isn't looking like desperation day for teams.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
That's it exactly , get a younger faster kid on the cheap , if he doesn't pan out , your not out the big bucks , that was my argument when we took Wilson . The way I saw it at that point was to just keep Drafting or acquiring QBs till one sticks , we hit pay dirt pretty much right away , very lucky in that respect .

BleedsBlue12

The original Fanatic12
Reaction score
The Seahawks blueprint for a winning team is not built on large veteran contracts. It's built on getting young guys a championship and they letting other teams set them up for life.

I kind of like how we are selling ourselves. ;)

Nothing says it better than proving young guys can take you all the way if you have the right system to harness their youth.

I think we have that system.

SB49, here we come.

If not, anyone but the whiners and their quest for 6 bullshit.

OP
Idahawk

Idahawk

Reaction score
Pete's changing the game at this level there is no doubt !

Free Brandon Browner

Top Bottom