• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Peter King's Fine 15

Reaction score
Peter King runs a weekly column for SI and in his Monday Morning QB column he ranks the top 15 teams in the NFL. This week Seattle (4-2) isn't ranked, but the 2-4 Vikings are #15.
I can't say if I agree or not. Seattle has beat teams that aren't top in the NFL (SF, Ariz. and lost to STL) The SD win wouldn't have happened had Leon Washington not returned 2 KRs for TDs.
It'll be interesting to see if Seattle wins in Oakland how the rankings change. If Seattle wins in Oakland it'll be the first time since 2007 in which the Seahawks win back-to-back road games.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawks will have to beat the Giants, Cheifs (really), or Falcons, to earn any national respect or attention.

Until then, Im completely happy with flying under the radar.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I think King had the 'Hawks in his Fine 15 after we knocked off the 49ers (and maybe even the Chargers). But with embarrassing defeats to the Broncos and Rams on the road, I don't blame him for not having the 'Hawks in there at this point.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Flying under the radar is always a good thing. Teams seem to "overlook" other team who are under the radar.

Reaction score
szat;51223 said:
Seahawks will have to beat the Giants, Cheifs (really), or Falcons, to earn any national respect or attention.

Until then, Im completely happy with flying under the radar.

Especially the way they are playing tonight.. but who knows? They have historically bad at Qwest.

And who gives a flying fuck about Peter King and what he and the rest of the country thinks. We know we get no love no matter how good our team is. Not saying we should or shouldn't be rated in the top 15, but we've beaten teams that are in the top 15.... so.....

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
It's just a talking point. Nothing more, nothing less. And Peter King has been one of the few east coasters that is generally fair to the Seahawks. If someone has generally fair assessments of one of my teams, I like to read and acknowledge things they say. Whether I agree or not is a different story (and we haven't beaten any of the teams in King's Fine 15 - I don't think we've even played any of them).

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51228 said:
Especially the way they are playing tonight.. but who knows? They have historically bad at Qwest.

And who gives a flying fuck about Peter King and what he and the rest of the country thinks. We know we get no love no matter how good our team is. Not saying we should or shouldn't be rated in the top 15, but we've beaten teams that are in the top 15.... so.....

Doooooood, I was gonna sell my Giants tickets, but that game is going to be so important!
Last night they were claiming Giants, the top of the NFC, and they may just be, but I wouldnt rule out the Packers, the redskins, and the falcons just yet! Anyways, I have to go to that game now, and your right, the Giants have had a hell of a time at Qwest field in the recent past, I think one game we had like 6 false starts against them, and then one game they missed 3 very makeable FG's, remember? SO yeah, we need to step up for that game, fans and squad alike, and if we win it, the whole world will take notice, for better or for worse.

Reaction score
Still don't give a fuck what Peter King or any of those douches think.

Did you see how Dan Patrick and Rodney Harrison tried to make a fool of Tony Dungy last night when he said he thought the hawks were the best team in the NFC?

Not saying that I agree with Dungy, but they treated him like he was a complete retard and laughed at him on national TV, saying something along the lines of "you must've been hit in the head with a few Bibles". This is to a future HOF coach who has accomplished far more than either of these jackasses combined. His statement may have been a bit of a stretch, but he sees that Pete has this team believing and I value his opinion far more than the handful of these so called analysts that are either middle aged fat white guys who have never played a snap in the NFL or a hood n..... who has a 3rd grade education and got hired by ESPN, NBC, FOX etc to be an analysts after his career for the Cowboys or Giants (America's teams).

My point, I don't give a FUCK about what the majority of those guys thinks about the Hawks. I would rather continue to get no love and keep proving people wrong. Just like 2005.

GO HAWKS!!!

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree with you #ONE. Who cares what those D Bags say. We know what is up. We are in first place in the NFC West and getting better every single week. This week will be no different either, another soft AFC West opponent for us to feast one.

Once again, I love what Pete has done with our team, we are WAY ahead of schedule. This guy can coach huh? Not only that, but the players believe too. Rodney Harrison can eat my sack, if it wasn't for him and his lack of pass defense the Pats would have been 18 - 0, what does he know about winning? Nothing, he is a choker.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51243 said:
Still don't give a fuck what Peter King or any of those douches think.

Did you see how Dan Patrick and Rodney Harrison tried to make a fool of Tony Dungy last night when he said he thought the hawks were the best team in the NFC?

Not saying that I agree with Dungy, but they treated him like he was a complete retard and laughed at him on national TV, saying something along the lines of "you must've been hit in the head with a few Bibles". This is to a future HOF coach who has accomplished far more than either of these jackasses combined. His statement may have been a bit of a stretch, but he sees that Pete has this team believing and I value his opinion far more than the handful of these so called analysts that are either middle aged fat white guys who have never played a snap in the NFL or a hood n..... who has a 3rd grade education and got hired by ESPN, NBC, FOX etc to be an analysts after his career for the Cowboys or Giants (America's teams).

My point, I don't give a FUCK about what the majority of those guys thinks about the Hawks. I would rather continue to get no love and keep proving people wrong. Just like 2005.

GO HAWKS!!!

Comon Duck, you sound like you really do care!

But you shouldnt....

Dont you know by now? Its not about how good seattle is or who they beat, or even if they go far in the playoffs. The media slimballs only care about one thing <<<<<Viewership>>>>>$$$$ the big markets!! No New yorker, or Texan, or Chicagio smuck wants to hear "Seattle is really looking good, this year. They dont want to hear jack shit about the little dot in the corner of the map that is the PNW. The land of Bill Gates, starbucks sipping, hippy grunge, liberals up in SEattle??? Thats what they think it is anyways... the perception of seattle and its fans, even though its not true.

When Dungy said that, he should have fully expected to be made a fool, cause even if it was true, dick heads like Dan Patrick, and Colin Cowherd, and Trent Dilfer, they all actually the ones sippin the cool aid... cause they are paid to do it.

THECHICAGO BEARS< NY GIANTS<DALLAS COWBOYS<GREEN BAY PACKERS<BALTIMORE COLTS<PITSBURG STEELERS. These are storied franchises with blue collar fan bases that have NOTHING BUT FOOTBALL. At least thats my perception, but I know fans of these teams and it is a sense of things.

BUt ONE, all that really matters is that we love our football team, we are the only 12 MAN, and when we PLAY THOSE TEAMS SO RICH IN HISTORY AND HYPE AND INFLATED EGOS AND EXPECTATIONS WE KICK THEIR FUCKING ASSES AND POUND THEIR FACES IN THE DIRT BECUASE WE ARE A NFL TEAM TOO BABY, AND WE CAME TO WIN.

And thats the glory of the underdog!

Reaction score
Actually Cowherd is from Grayland, Washington and is always giving Seattle love... he even called the Seahawks "his team"

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Funny you say that...

Cowherd was the sportscaster here portland long ago, but he does not show the seahawks any love...
He was talking the hawks up there for a while (within the last year or so) but I think that was because he was 'temporarily' syndicated in Seattle.

I noticed a couple months ago it seemed he was back downplaying the seahawks and seattle in general.
Its funny that you bring this up because I looked it up, and sure enough, he lost his time slot on 710 when groz came in, and Brock n Saulk moved to the early spot.

So I stand by my point about Cowherd and the other pinheads.... unless someone can tell me he is still broadcasted in Seattle?

Here in Portland we are forced to listen to the annoying little bird face all the time.
On good days I can pick up 710 and 950. Softy is the man, and I like brock and Saulk too.
I cannot stand the jack asses here locally (Issac and Suuck!)

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
szat-
I love the Herd, but do agree with him hating on Seattle. I do remember though Holmy's last year he talked on the show about Seattle and said if I can recall right "I do root for Seattle, but as a hometown boy try to not talk too much about them because it causes a favoritism." As a Broadcasting/Journalism major I know you can't have that. So by him talking down in Seattle it might be nothing more than him trying to not sound biased. Not sure, but I do know he always has nice things to say about the city and how they should have a basketball team. He's more of a basketball guy himself.

Reaction score
Listen to it almost everyday. A few weeks ago he said "Seahawks are my team. Especially when they're doing good". It was either after the 49ers or Chargers win.

He also mentions Seattle numerous times when talking about "big market cities". He will mention cities like NY, Chicago, LA and then drop Seattle in there. Even though Seattle isn't anywhere close to those cities. LOL

And like you said 96, he does a national show, so he tries not to come of like a homer.

Top Bottom