• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Pete Carroll reveals picks in songs?

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Deciphering Pete Carroll's musical tweets - NFC West Blog - ESPN

Pete Carroll (PeteCarroll) on Twitter

Just thought I would ask. Is there any known truth to this? Revealing our draft plans through musical tweets...just seems strange.

1st song: soul sacrifice by santana
2nd song: let the beat build by lil wayne
3rd song: back door man by the doors
4th song: jump around by house of pain
5th song: smooth criminal by mj (thought this may be a trade for Big Ben :taunt:)
6th song: california love by tupac
7th song: superman's song by crash test dummies
8th song: licking stick by james brown
9th song: big balls by ac/dc
10th song: jeremy by pearl jam
11th song: today was a fairytale by taylor swift
12th song: ring of fire by johnny cash
13th song: freebird by lynyrd skynyrd

That's all the info I got. Any idea what any of these mean?

Ok, I am thinking it is not just the songs themselves but the names of the songs and or artists that are significant. Like Taylor Swift....Taylor Mays....and so on. Just a thought anyways, cause first song is just a beat no lyrics. So unless a beat has significance I am sure it is more about the title on that one.

Soul Sacrifice....Santana.....drafting someone he hates in college?

Reaction score
WTF?

This has to be a joke.

but... even if it's not, he may just be throwing out clues about some of the players on their board... how many players does a team usually have on their board on draft day? couple hundred?

Plus, good luck cracking some of those clues...

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Well Soul Sacrifice is an instrumental with an awesome drum solo. Drums are the core of any band and maybe that's the clue; maybe he's saying an offensive lineman is the core to the offense... so that settles it we are taking an OT with our 6th pick. hehe :D

California Love = USC player.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
pete was asked if he was just pulling everyones legs just because everyone always looks for any clues they can prior to the draft and he smiled and shook his head yes

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
sigpro;47614 said:
Well Soul Sacrifice is an instrumental with an awesome drum solo. Drums are the core of any band and maybe that's the clue; maybe he's saying an offensive lineman is the core to the offense... so that settles it we are taking an OT with our 6th pick. hehe :D

California Love = USC player.

Not with the first pick I hope... and it was released on vinyl in '71 which means Charles Brown. Or Trent Williams... that one scares me.

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
He couldnt expect to get Okung with this 6 pick. I even expected to get Eric Berry. I knew we couldnt get Trent Williams because Washington told everyone that he was going to be their pick.

Top Bottom