• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Owners Approved the Labor Deal!~

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Awesome, club doors may open saturday, league opens up next weds!
Heard HOF game is cancelled though, bummer.

OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I guess I got excited a little to early. Player do not look like they are going to take this deal. At least not this week...

Idahawk

Reaction score
The owners approved their own deal !
It means nothing , but it will make the players look bad should they prolong signing , they still have to reform the union vote ect.
The owners are shoving this down the players throat with so much money at stake for games lost

The HOF game cost the league 250 mil , and the owners make bank on preseason games as they don't have to pay the players for those games .

OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
The HOF game by itself will not cost the league $250 mil. It is a hit, but definitely not that big.

The owners did try to pull a fast one on the players. Shame on them... And so the saga continues.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Shame on Roger Goodell, for coming off in his press release like this was a done deal. To list dates like he did, I dont blame the players for taking offense.....

On the other hand, the players should not tarry too long, its not like they havent seen, discussed, and negotiated these terms and conditions for the last 6 weeks heavily, there should be no suprises at this point.

As far as the union, the players HAVE to form a union, that is the only way to have a CBA, so I dont understand all this sudden pondering about whether or not to reform the NFLPA, if they dont, the whole CBA, and NFL for that matter is lost. It is a complete deal killer.

OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seriously, if the players didn't like Rodger Goodell before, imagine how they feel about him now. So sad to try and pull something like this.

Idahawk

Reaction score
The HOF game by itself will not cost the league $250 mil. It is a hit, but definitely not that big.

The owners did try to pull a fast one on the players. Shame on them... And so the saga continues.

That number came straight off the NFL network , tv rights !

Idahawk

Reaction score
The money situation from what I understand was taken care of weeks ago . I think the NFL is saying get on board and we can work out the minor details later . The players are like let's do it now on our terms .

The players don't care if they miss preseason

OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
That number came straight off the NFL network , tv rights !

$250 million for 1 game of TV rights? This is from si.com:

The financial impact of losing the game and the NBC telecast is not said to be great, but the league estimates that between $100 million and $200 million would be lost for every full weekend of preseason action canceled.

So this would be 16 games and they would lose the above figure. Either way, I didn't want them to miss ANY games and the HOF game is already out. :(

szat

Huddler
Reaction score

So this would be 16 games and they would lose the above figure. Either way, I didn't want them to miss ANY games and the HOF game is already out. :(

My understanding from Goodell, was the HOF game was lost, but would be rescheduled with other pre-season games, so the complete revenue would not be lost, just may not go towards Canton?

Either way, your right, Ida, the player vets dont care about pre-season, and actually I wouldnt care if we missed 1-2 of them, I get billed reg season ticket cost anyways for pre-season! that always pissed me off, they should be half the cost.

Idahawk

Reaction score

That number was said on the network , I guess it was just a guess .

Reaction score
Would you guys put it past the players to hold out to intentionally miss preseason games? It's no secret they don't like playing them.

OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I can definitely see the players doing that since they dislike preseason games. But the court of public opinion will not favor that type of action at all. I feel they are going to get the deal completely done next week. Although I thought they were going to get it done this week and look what happened, lol.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I believe that I heard that the cap number starts to drop when games start getting missed costing the players money , not sure if that includes pre season since they don't get paid for those, but since the owners make the money on those games it would seem smart to protect themselves from the players pulling something like that .

Idahawk

Reaction score
I think they consider anything that is not regular season , to be offseason or practice , the players only get game checks to my knowledge, so preseason is just part of practice , even though us poor bums have to pay full price for those tickets , that's where the owners cash in !

OP
robdog

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Players get checks for pre-season games but those checks are NO WHERE near what they get for regular season games. But yes, owners make most of the money from pre-season games.

Reaction score
I think the teams need preseason this year. It will help make up for all the mini camps and training camps they have missed.

Top Bottom