• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Oh-Klunk

S

Seattlehawk94

The NFL's Greg Oden...."He's great when he's healthy", whenever THAT is....

Think the guy has talent but when his role model is THIS GUY
PunchOut_GlassJoeAbime.jpg
we've got problems....

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

LOL....Yep, Punch-Out was next to Techmo Superbowl the best video game ever....

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Yup, both of those games were my favorites on the NES. Might have to go load up some ROMs right now and play a round or 2, lol.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

HAHA....I'm always using the ROMs to play RBI baseball, Techmo, Griffey Jr. Baseball, and Tyson's...Madden is too damn technical for me....Miss the old two button games where you don't need a degree to figure out the controls...

Reaction score
Lol I remember playing against you on Madden 08 or 09 like once.

Also on the topic of ROMs I just downloaded a Game Boy Color emulator on to my phone.

On the topic of Okung, let's just hope he recovers fast and a couple years from now we forget about these injury problems.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Hope we do to....He needs to stay healthy or suck it up and pretend he is....Kinda comes off as a big pussy....

Yeah, I remember you kicking my ass at Madden back in the day too..haha

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I read that, from a medical stand point, you are not predisposed to high ankle sprains. Conversely, any part of the musculoskeletal system is never "as good as new" even after it heals.

I'm trying to find some hope here, people.

Reaction score
I read that, from a medical stand point, you are not predisposed to high ankle sprains. Conversely, any part of the musculoskeletal system is never "as good as new" even after it heals.

I'm trying to find some hope here, people.

Maybe he's not predisposed to high ankles sprains, but since his ankle never gets back to being "as good as new" it leaves him more susceptible to suffering another one.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Not a Dr. but angle sprains easily re-occure once youve had them, and take year or more to fully heal. I rolled my ankle 3 times, same foot (to the outside) in a 2 year span in my 20's, and havent since and I'm 39 now.

Probably good that he got out of the game, like PC said, at least he knows how to take care of it. Hoping this will not be a career limiting re-occuring issue like Marcus Tubbs with the knee, that was really sad for him and hawks fans.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Rolling your ankle is a different type of injury than a high ankle sprain. Apples to oranges.

It would be nice to know more specifics (but we never will). For example, is this sprain in the same location as the last? If it is, then it would appear the "not as good as new" would be applicable. If it is in a different place, it may just be really bad luck.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Lol lit you up with Darren Sproles.

LOL...Yeah, ya got me but I kinda made it respectable at the very end didn't I? We will play again...

On high ankle sprains, I'm prone to them on my right foot..Broke my ankle which was caused by a sprain, tore the tendon and cause slight break (which is a Grade 3 sprain)...It's NEVER gotten better roll my ankle at least 2 times a year, almost get's to a point where after I've sprained AGAIN about 15 times since I broke it it's pretty much no ligaments left on the tendons it's literally hanging by a thread, when you sprain it enough you get prone to them because the OTHER ligaments are basically having to hold the same amount of pressure as before the sprain, then THOSE ligaments get weaker....Especially in someone who plays sports...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Rolling your ankle is either an inversion or eversion ankle sprain. Completely different than a high ankle sprain. It is much easier to have a recurrence of the injury with rolling ankles. And sprains and breaks are very different as well. A sprain is an injury to the ligament (stretch all the way to a full tear) where has a break happens only to bone. So you probably broke your ankle bone and sprained your ligaments.

My point was that you are not genetically predisposed to this stuff. Sure he may be more susceptible to re-injury now, but this could also very well be his last ankle sprain.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Rolling your ankle is either an inversion or eversion ankle sprain. Completely different than a high ankle sprain. It is much easier to have a recurrence of the injury with rolling ankles. And sprains and breaks are very different as well. A sprain is an injury to the ligament (stretch all the way to a full tear) where has a break happens only to bone. So you probably broke your ankle bone and sprained your ligaments.

My point was that you are not genetically predisposed to this stuff. Sure he may be more susceptible to re-injury now, but this could also very well be his last ankle sprain.

Again not a doctor, Dr. 18, but a rolled ankle is a sprain as you say, and I think that is what happened to Okung on Thurs.
I have not heard the term high ankle sprain for him.

But if I were a betting man, Id put money on it happening again this season.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Again not a doctor, Dr. 18, but a rolled ankle is a sprain as you say, and I think that is what happened to Okung on Thurs.
I have not heard the term high ankle sprain for him.

There is a great tool called, "Google." You can use it to read about all things medical and even that Okung's ankle sprains from last year were high ankle and that the one suffered a week ago is "in that area." This is not rocket science. Sure it may happen again. It may never.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks dog, for the "heads up" on the google, i'll add it to my favorites.
I see column now saying it was ' in the same area' but hadnt seen that it was referred a high ankle anywhere before.
My point with rolled ankle though, is even though the injury may be "apples to oranges" its still a valid point, injuries to ligiments tend to re-occur. However it seemed like he got right away which is smart, hopefully did not do too much damage.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

They aren't the same TRUE...But when you GET a high ankle sprain the rest of the ankle has to compensate and the other ligaments begin to stretch and tear....Trust me....Leads to other injuries and ankle rolls...Can affect all the way up to the knee and cause ACL/MCL weakness if it doesn't heal right....A body is like a car, if something breaks, the rest of the car is going to start falling apart as time goes by...

Once you screw up your ankle it has the chance to fail all the way down to the arch of the foot unless it heals almost perfectly...And ankles are the hardest injuries to heal due to the weight put on them with every step....

Reaction score
LOL...Yeah, ya got me but I kinda made it respectable at the very end didn't I? We will play again...

On high ankle sprains, I'm prone to them on my right foot..Broke my ankle which was caused by a sprain, tore the tendon and cause slight break (which is a Grade 3 sprain)...It's NEVER gotten better roll my ankle at least 2 times a year, almost get's to a point where after I've sprained AGAIN about 15 times since I broke it it's pretty much no ligaments left on the tendons it's literally hanging by a thread, when you sprain it enough you get prone to them because the OTHER ligaments are basically having to hold the same amount of pressure as before the sprain, then THOSE ligaments get weaker....Especially in someone who plays sports...

I live in the middle of no where with a shit internet connection so I'll lag a lot. So you might win lol.

Top Bottom