• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Seahawks @ Panthers

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe the Hawks should start thinking about adding a couple more o-lineman in next years draft.
Yeah, they've pretty much ignored the O-line the last couple seasons except for a few flyers. But nothing higher than a 6th round pick. They seem to be pretty high on Bowie though so maybe they can steal one.
The O-line is probably adequate but it's definitely not the biggest strength of the team so they should give it its due attention here the next couple years. Standing pat isn't a sustainable strategy in the NFL while other teams are developing their defensive fronts and getting better. With the development of Sweezy they probably felt like the O-line wasn't an area that needed to be addressed all that much but then after having to cut loose of Moffitt it might be time to reassess the situation.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Carolina was a more talented team than their record indicated last year, and they're even better this year. That team is on the upswing. I wouldn't be shocked if they were hanging around in that division come season's end.

I actually posted just about the same thing before scrolling back and saw that you posted that. I definitely agree with you. I'm not knocking the Hawks much at all for the way they played yesterday because Carolina might just be for real. I do think the Hawks will have to dial it up a bit with the run and pass blocking though because they will face the heat again this year. Houston's front seven is tough, as is the Niners'. Green Bay's pass rush is pretty good too if we end up having to face them in the playoffs. Hopefully the O-line gets better as the season rolls on.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They're going to need to hit on some D-linemen in the draft too. They started this year with Hill and Williams. But we're not going to be able to pay guys like Avril, Clemons, Bennett, and Mebane what we're paying them when we shell out for Sherm and ET.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
What the hell was with RW? 5 runs for 7 yards??? When did he become Mr. Pocket Passer dropping back for a 13 yard loss and a fumble?
I know right?
RW seemed very tentative to me. Everyone talking about what a good game he had, and the numbers say that too, but I thought he didnt have the same confidence and presense we saw last year. And obviously there were some protection issues, but even when he did run, it seemed as though he didnt know when to run/pass/or slide. Horrible in the RZ and the loosing the ball was very uncharticaristic.

Im going to chalk it up to just nerves/expectations/off season of build up and knocking the rust off, because the second half we saw more of the dynamic RW with the deep ball and hittin doug OOB and better scrambling.

OL needs to play much better. Unger needs to get those snaps up!

Defense won the game IMO.

Reaction score
Ok, I'll give credit for east coast heat and early game time but it is still the Panthers. We were lucky to get out of there with a W.

What the hell was with RW? 5 runs for 7 yards??? When did he become Mr. Pocket Passer dropping back for a 13 yard loss and a fumble? He is awesome when he scrambles and throws on the run. Cam had more rushing yards. Best pass came when he rolled out to his right and hit Kearse.

We've got SF coming to town and frankly a performance like that isn't going to cut it. So much for our power ranking.

I think Lynch is missing MikeRob in a big way and Carp had better get it together.

After this game I can see your point Rob. We may want to reconsider those early road games. Houston, Indy, Atlanta and the Giants are all 10:00 am start times and better teams than the Panthers.

They really focused on containing Wilson. He did fine, 75% completion percentage. He doesn't need to run to be effective.

And I think you are seriously A.) Underestimating how good the Pathers' defense is and B.) Overestimating Mike Rob's effect on the running game. He wasn't the greatest blocker. I think they missed McCoy. With how that front was coming after Wilson, they could have used another TE that can block.

I think some of you guys are expecting way too much considering the circumstances. We were missing 5 starters and some other important pieces, 10 AM, east coast, in the heat, against a team that's a lot better than a lot of people realize. If I learned anything from that game it's that the Panthers are for real this year. I'm not worried, especially since we're going to start getting healthy.

Top Bottom