• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Cardinals @ Seahawks - 10/24: WIN 22 - 10

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Alright guys and gals - Big time game this weekend in the NFC West. This game is going to tell us a lot about our team because we are the favorites (first time this season??) and we should win this game.

Keys to the game (IMO) -

1. Turnovers - This goes without saying, if we turn the ball over more than they do, we are at a serious disadvantage.

2. Running the ball - Lynch provided a huge lift last week over what Forsett has been providing in previous games. If he can keep running like that this game and for the remainder of the season, that will take the pressure off the passing game, and really open up some plays down the field.

3. Defensive line - We OWNED the Bears at the line of scrimmage last week. If we can do the same to Max Hall, a rookie out of BYU, we will force turnovers (again) and win this thing in a laugher.

4. Leon Washington - Another great return game from Leon would go a long way in getting us a W. But more than just Leon, we need all our special teams to play well. Field position is huge in big games like this, special teams goes a long way in winning this battle.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Running the ball
Running the ball
Running the ball

Then PA pass for long gain.

Seriously this is bad run defense we are going up against.
If we can be affective in the run game, that alows to eat clock, their defense to crowd the box to free up recievers, control the game, and keeps our blitz Krieg, 12 man fueled, defense fresh.

I am so ready to take it to the cardinals and offiicially dethrown those sorry SOBS.
Their time is over!

Reaction score
It's going to be a close game. I just hope the players aren't too cocky after their win over the Bears.

OP
dizzle498

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Pressure on Max Hall in the key. If we can pressure him, we will turn that into turn overs. Rookie Qb's throw the ball high on the road when pressured. That is the key. Wait...I think I am repeating myself from the beginning of this thread. Haha.

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;51143 said:
Marshawn and Forsett together ran for 100 last week lol.

Duh! Two guys aren't special. I wanna see ONE of them have a hundred yarder, like a playoff team does. When was the last time we had one? Way too long.

OP
dizzle498

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
Lynch will get there. I will guarantee that. Probably this week too. The guy is limited with plays because he just got here. This week will be better, then we will build on that. Lynch is a beast. Against a soft Arizona front, he should see some nice holes.

Reaction score
I think Justin had one against the Cardinals too.. in AZ I believe. We were winning that game 14-0 late into the 2nd quarter. Then the Jim Mora coached team let them kill us 42-21 or something like that. Man I miss that guy!

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
Exactly...too long. And ridiculously few. I saw Forsett had 75 the previous week, so hopefully he and the new guy will compete to see who gets one first!

kircalsol

Huddler
Reaction score
This is a team that we should be able to establish the run against. Arizona is 28th in Total Defense and 29th against the run. Lynch and Forsett better be getting extra reps in practice.

Reaction score
The Mack Strong jersey has worked for the first 2 home games, but I'm wearing my new Earl Thomas jersey this week so if we lose you guys can blame me.

Drew Askew

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm wearing my new lime green long-sleeve Seahawks t-shirt and lime green Seahawks socks my wife got me for an anniversary present this week. Go Seahawks~!

Reaction score
Well losing Okung has had a very distinct effect on our offense. Also WTF? Why are the cards running the ball with ease??

Bru-Hed

Huddler
Reaction score
What the HELL? Fourth down at the 13 and not even a FG attempt?? That's not sportsmanship, that's stupid--and potentially dangerous. Three points is not running up the score. (Which is a silly and illogical defense to begin with.) Come on, Pete! Let's at least hold them to no score here.

kircalsol

Huddler
Reaction score
Thank the lord I didn't have to watch another FG attempt. The Red Zone offense is pathetic.

Top Bottom