• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

New Marshall update

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Well looks like we just got cut a break. As time goes on WR values are plummeting, no way they stick it out much longer. I expect Marshall to be with us shortly.

Boldin traded for 3rd and 4th
Holmes traded for 5th

Both considered Solid WR's or better. No chance Denver milking a 1st from any team now. Now comes the question.....how much $$$ is Marshall gonna cost?

Also how would Housh take this move? No matter what Housh tries, he will get out done by Marshall for the year the man is just amazing on the field.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;47046 said:
market just fell

S Holmes traded for a 5th Rounder
Two 4th round picks and Deion Branch should be enough to get Marshall now. Maybe not even that much...

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;47052 said:
Two 4th round picks and Deion Branch should be enough to get Marshall now. Maybe not even that much...

What makes you think Denver wants Deion Branch?

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Striker;47050 said:
Well looks like we just got cut a break. As time goes on WR values are plummeting, no way they stick it out much longer. I expect Marshall to be with us shortly.

Boldin traded for 3rd and 4th
Holmes traded for 5th

Both considered Solid WR's or better. No chance Denver milking a 1st from any team now. Now comes the question.....how much $$$ is Marshall gonna cost?

Also how would Housh take this move? No matter what Housh tries, he will get out done by Marshall for the year the man is just amazing on the field.
The Steelers traded Holmes because of his off the field issues. They were considering just releasing him because they didnt want to deal with him anymore. Although I agree that Denver will not be expecting a 1st rd pick anymore for Marshall, dont for one second believe that they are gonna settle for a 3rd or 4th rd pick for him. It will still have to be a package that will benefit them. The Steelers signed Arnaz Battle, still have Ward, signed Antwan Randle El, and Joey Galloway, so they prepared themselves for this trade. Marshall is arguably the only weapon on Denvers entire offense so we wont get off that easy.

As far as how Housh would take the trade, he has been hassling the FO to go after Marshall all offseason and has been texting and calling Marshall all offseason trying to get him to come here. He WANTS Marshall here in Seattle and has been pushing for it all offseason. He knows how dangerous they would be with Marshall as the #1 and him as the #2.

Reaction score
Haha Marshall and Housh would be a pretty sick combo...

Marshall would draw the coverage and Housh would get his favorite "one on one" coverage, which he says he will win in "everytime".

Reaction score
dmarkholt12;47059 said:
The Steelers traded Holmes because of his off the field issues. They were considering just releasing him because they didnt want to deal with him anymore. Although I agree that Denver will not be expecting a 1st rd pick anymore for Marshall, dont for one second believe that they are gonna settle for a 3rd or 4th rd pick for him. It will still have to be a package that will benefit them. The Steelers signed Arnaz Battle, still have Ward, signed Antwan Randle El, and Joey Galloway, so they prepared themselves for this trade. Marshall is arguably the only weapon on Denvers entire offense so we wont get off that easy.

As far as how Housh would take the trade, he has been hassling the FO to go after Marshall all offseason and has been texting and calling Marshall all offseason trying to get him to come here. He WANTS Marshall here in Seattle and has been pushing for it all offseason. He knows how dangerous they would be with Marshall as the #1 and him as the #2.
Yeah, you're right, but I think the Holmes trade does lower Marshall's value from a 1st round pick to a 2nd.

Also, Housh would want a guy like Marshall on the team. Housh was successful in the slot when OchoCinco was at flanker so if Marshall is brought in Housh can return to the slot.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;47052 said:

McDaniels has said they aren't interested in Branch, and two 4th rounders won't be enough. It will take a 2nd rounder this year and something else. I still think this deal will go down, but it will be after the 1st round is over and Denver is still sitting on a guy they need to trade.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;47060 said:
Haha Marshall and Housh would be a pretty sick combo...

Marshall would draw the coverage and Housh would get his favorite "one on one" coverage, which he says he will win in "everytime".

He'd love it... Marshall, Housh, and Butler. And Carlson. Maybe Branch. And what's his butt from AZ. We would have the best receiving corps in the NFL...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;47074 said:
He'd love it... Marshall, Housh, and Butler. And Carlson. Maybe Branch. And what's his butt from AZ. We would have the best receiving corps in the NFL...
We would have one of the best 1, 2 receivers in the league thats for sure. Not sure I would go as far as saying the best receiving core in the league. Butler is inconsistent but can be explosive so we have to wait and see about him. If Branch is healthy he can be a threat from the slot. The guy we got from AZ is a special teamer, a gunner. He will hardly see any time as a receiver. Wait and see how the Reggie and Mike Williams tryouts go...those could be huge!

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
It is still too soon to know what Butler will do, but put him on a real offense and watch him go! And I include Carlson as part of the receiving group. Seriously - we'd have a top 5 #1, the best #2 in the game, a #3 that - well - the jury is out. And one of the best pass-catching TEs in the game. Sign me up!

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Ya i definitely agree it would be a crazy good receiving core! Just need to give whoever is throwin to them some time, and pick up another back and we have the recipe for a dangerous offense.

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
^^^ I think this is just based on the fact that they want to trade Ginn, if I'm not mistaken. I don't see them getting Marshall, but that's just me. Although, the Dolphins offense could be dangerous with him.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Well... we have now missed out on Marshall, too. Is there something bad about being active in FA? Is two 2nd round draft picks too much? This team needs to do something to get better but all I've seen is them getting worse. I'm feeling a bit frustrated...

Top Bottom