• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Lofa Tatupu Out For the Season

Reaction score
Just heard that Tatupu is out for the season with a torn pectoral muscle...can this day get any worse? :(

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
we tried 2 yrs ago

You mean when we were 10-6 and consistently winning the division? I wonder why that didn't carry much weight.

bobflipaburger said:
Ruskell had nothing to do with why we lost this game. Fire Mora hire Gruden.

It would be hard for Gruden to get anymore production out of the team. The fact of the matter is our offensive line has been worthless ever since Ruskell let Hutchison go and failed to draft any real options on the line (until maybe Unger). What did he do with those draft picks? Oh, he used them on undersized corners like Jennings and Wilson even though he knew we had to match up with receivers like Fitzgerald and Boldin consistently year after year. Our corners were not out of position yesterday, but rather they were physically unable to match up with the larger Arizona receivers.

Ruskell did not lose the game yesterday, but he did field the team that could not win the game. Buck stops with him.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:

lol

hmmm crappy oline that he cannot draft depth or starters at.
always drafts small fast guys that get run over and out jumped.
Cannot look ahead and find a LT in the draft or even a QB. He would rather wait a year after Walt retires or for the 4th season of our franchise QB getting killed before finding another QBfor the future. Never even looked at a RB in the first 2 rounds.
Holmgren did not bring in Mora....... Ruskell did
How many WR on this team did he draft and look how that turned out.....
He still cannot find a Safety either
Gruden would be a Ruskell type hire. Cowher would be 100x better.

yep not Ruskells fault :lol:

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
I'd like Cowher over Gruden too. If he screws up, we can call him Coward.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Tupe being out really, really, bums me, and he is not a pussy.

But if we have good depth anywhere its at LB and DE.

Whats up with everyone tearing their pecs! Need to spend less time on the bench and work around the whole body and core, where inner strength comes from.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
bobflipaburger said:

lol

hmmm crappy oline that he cannot draft depth or starters at.
always drafts small fast guys that get run over and out jumped.
Cannot look ahead and find a LT in the draft or even a QB. He would rather wait a year after Walt retires or for the 4th season of our franchise QB getting killed before finding another QBfor the future. Never even looked at a RB in the first 2 rounds.
Holmgren did not bring in Mora....... Ruskell did
How many WR on this team did he draft and look how that turned out.....
He still cannot find a Safety either
Gruden would be a Ruskell type hire. Cowher would be 100x better.

yep not Ruskells fault :lol:

RB in the first 2 rounds? Did you look at last year's class of RBs? The only RB worth a damn that was drafted in the first 2 rounds was Donald Brown. Actually I forget where Green and Brown got drafted... I think one of them might have been in the 2nd round.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Just heard Lofa might not be out for the season. It might only be a partially torn peck.
I'd rather have him go on the IR if he'll be out more than 5 games. We already have Hill, Jones, Locklear, Spencer sitting around doing nothing. I think C.J. Wallace has been injured too then you toss in Tatupu and Kerney.

I'd say this season is worse than last year with the amount of injuries, but last year we got hit at QB and WR which really screwed us over.

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:

Let me just say this... Ruskell is on a short leash. I think if he were to get fired Paul Allen would give Holmgren a chance at just the GM position. Yes Holmy might have had Mora on his staff, but Gruden worked with him in Green Bay. I would not be surprised one bit if he fired Mora and hired Gruden.

Reaction score
Im hearing rumors about how Holmy might want to go to the east coast to coach, so who really knows, maybe take over for Zorn?

But ya if We are making a push, and Lofa is able to come back that would greatly help, we are getting Hill and Tru back against dallas, so our D is starting to look up, and the Heater is not half bad, plays with alot of passion and is a ball hawk!

Reaction score
HawksFan83 said:
Im hearing rumors about how Holmy might want to go to the east coast to coach, so who really knows, maybe take over for Zorn?

But ya if We are making a push, and Lofa is able to come back that would greatly help, we are getting Hill and Tru back against dallas, so our D is starting to look up, and the Heater is not half bad, plays with alot of passion and is a ball hawk!

Okay, I just wanted to touch on the Holmgren thing... I ran into him at airport a couple months ago and I was chatting him up. I think Cathy and he were going down to the Bay Area... anyways.

I asked him how he was doing, and when he was going to get back to football... he said "hopefully next year"... Then I asked, "off the record coach, but what are some of the teams you'd prefer?"

He said... and I swear this on my dead grandmother, "well I'd like to stay here...." I said "like here, here" and he said "yeah".

........... I didn't know what to make of this, but I can tell you for sure that Mike Holmgren does NOT want to coach on the east coast!!!

Top Bottom