• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Locklear most overpaid overrated Olineman on the team

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Not just on the team. Overpaid, overrated period. He's the 4th highest paid tackle in the NFL, in terms of base salary. Absurd.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;48009 said:
Not just on the team. Overpaid, overrated period. He's the 4th highest paid tackle in the NFL, in terms of base salary. Absurd.
He is definitely overpaid and overrated, but is a solid RT. He cannot play LT in my opinion, but with Okung on the left side Locklear is a very solid RT. I agree, he does need to take a huge pay cut though because it is ridiculous how much he is making.

Reaction score
Biggest problem with Locklear is he can't stay healthy. He is always hurt, and that lack of continuety is what hurts our offensive line. If Willis can play RT, I say try him out and move Unger to RG and either restructure Locklears contract and keep him for depth or just cut him.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I won't speak to his salary - being overpayed in the NFL is very relative. However... he is one of the best RTs in the league. Not so serviceable on the left side, but it was Lock and Willis anchoring that right side when everyone raved about our O Line. He's a stud over there. As for Willis playing RT - he was our RT all last year. He was OK, but he is so much better at RG. Other OGs - Unger, Spencer (one at C), Hamilton, Gibson, Wrotto, Vallos... we have some solid starters and at least two backups that will push very hard for a starting spot. And maybe Gibbs will get Spenc to his potential!

All that said... why didn't we grab Tony Washington in the 7th round??? I would have loved to have him to see what he could become.

Reaction score
Dude, as jacked up as what he did was, he was lonly ike 16. He came from a very messed up family. Since then he's found God, and has been a completely changed person.

Don't hold something against him that he commited when he was a kid.

Yeah, probably cost him a draft pick... but where's the risk in giving him a shot as a FA?

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
Imagine what that guy went thru in college and what the D-lineman probably said during the game.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;48019 said:
but it was Lock and Willis anchoring that right side when everyone raved about our O Line. He's a stud over there. As for Willis playing RT - he was our RT all last year.
You meant Chris Gray right? Willis did play and looked decent at RT but Locklear is the man. But he didnt perform well at LT.

This year our line will be greatly improved.

Top Bottom