• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Linemen we need to look at for the draft

Reaction score
Mike Iupati, OG, Idaho
Blessed with the longest arms at the Senior Bowl (35 inches), Iupati possesses the overall mass and versatility that teams salivate over. Iupati wowed NFL personnel and scouts at the weigh-in on Monday morning and featured an imposing 6-foot-5, 325-pound physique. On the practice field for the North Team, Iupati played with leverage, displayed quick feet and kept the defender at bay during individual drills. Despite starting 34 career games at left guard for Idaho, Iupati has the athleticism, length and strength to move to left tackle. If a team views him as a left tackle during the draft process, Iupati’s stock will go through the roof, and there’s a chance he could end up being a top 20 selection

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
Softy is a idiot if he thinks we will be able to draft him in the 2nd round

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
thing is he has never played LT
it is the scouts that are saying that he is good enough footwork wise to do it though.'
I really don't want to see Walt back he should just retire. He hasn't been 'Walt' for 3 years.
I would like to see the Iowa or BC OT taken at 6 and then this Kid at 14. Bam OL almost fixed.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;44334 said:
thing is he has never played LT
it is the scouts that are saying that he is good enough footwork wise to do it though.'
I really don't want to see Walt back he should just retire. He hasn't been 'Walt' for 3 years.
I would like to see the Iowa or BC OT taken at 6 and then this Kid at 14. Bam OL almost fixed.
Right now a 50% Walter Jones is still better than a 100% Sean Locklear. I think an OT with the 6th and either a Safety or RB with the 14th.

thewiz

Huddler
Reaction score
I still dont think this guy will be a 1st rounder if so very late 1st between 25-32 he had a good showing.. but all year he hasn't really played against steller defense. Kind of like Kent Ballmer had a good showing but hasn't done crap for the 9ers.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
they did play Bowling green and boise state and nobody on those teams could stop him.
FYI the NFL scouts are saying top 15 possible top 10 after watching him at the Senior Bowl.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
I'd take this guy and put him at guard over any of the TOP3 OT who are WAYYYYY overrated. This guy is a versatile once a decade guard.

phaZe;44338 said:
Right now a 50% Walter Jones is still better than a 100% Sean Locklear. I think an OT with the 6th and either a Safety or RB with the 14th.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I made a comment a month ago that I thought Iupati was over-rated due to the competition. While Idaho did rebound in the 2nd half, the Husky D ran all over that line in the first half... Agree or disagree, he was flagged for holding in that game, and gave up a couple sacks in the Sr. Bowl when he finally went up against real talent. There is no way he is worthy of a #14 pick as a LT. As for lineman the Seahawks HAVE to draft? There aren't any. There isn't an O Lineman that is worthy of our pick at 6, or that will be available and worth picking at 14. We have other needs that can be addressed by players worthy of the spot, and home that C Black or Charlie Brown fall to 40. Or realize that we have several players that were hurt last year that will round out our O Line next season (Frye, MacIntosh, and Gibson would make a huge difference).

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
Frye, MacIntosh, and Gibson weren't good even when they were healthy. The line has to be the first priority. This way they get a year of exp for a QB and RB for next season.

Reaction score
I don't see Iupati converting to T. The scouts salivate over his arm length and his quick feet but the problem is he plays w/o technique and without moving his feet. He allows the defender to get inside his reach and struggles against speed. That said he's going to be a very good G in the NFL and I have him going in the 20's, he's a reach at 14. I talk about him in this weeks show and the after the combine show, we also had Will Spencer from Draftbreakdown.com on and he address Iupati as well as many others. www.thebrettandbrianshow.com

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
Bruce Campbell is a guy I would like to have at #14. I've seen him play here at Maryland, and I really think he could be a Pro Bowl player.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I'd have to disagree on Frye and Mc not looking good when they were healthy. I thought they both did well. I was surprised in McIntosh, actually, because he had a bad rep coming in.

If Campbell falls to 14 it would be a touch call between him and Spiller. I still think we need to get our LT during FA.

Reaction score
D Hawk what LT would you like to see the Seahawks get as their LT in FA? We looked at them in our show titled "Offensive Free Agency" and I didn't see one. If we have overlooked someone please let me know so we can address that on our next show and I will give you a shout out.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Senior bowl hurt Iupati not helped, he was getting beat and penalized. He seems to be a good gaurd but LT? I dont think so, and he may very well slip to the 2nd round.

C.J. likely wont be there at #14.

If Okung is there at 6 you take him, otherwise trade down.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
He looked bad only on the right side(not sure why he played there). He looked way better at LG

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Question for you, Wag. How many Seahawks lineman were playing in their "natural" position last season? Sims and Unger (maybe you could include Spencer, but I don't think he has a natural positon). People have ripped Lock and Willis for their performance, but they were both out of position. Get Sean back to RT and Willis back to RG and our offensive line goes from horrid to solid at most of the positions. That is why you need the versatility that Iupati struggled with.

Iupati is not 1st round material. I've said it for months. The Huskies made him look silly as did the Sr. Bowl.

Top Bottom