• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Leroy's Smoking Pot

Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3858164"]Seattle Seahawks' Leroy Hill faces misdemeanor charge for marijuana possession - ESPN[/ame]

Passed out behind the wheel with 2 bags of the mary jane on him in Atlanta. What's with pro athletes breaking the law in Atlanta?

Idahawk

Reaction score
Looks like the raiders or cowboys for Hill now LOL....He just rode the pineapple express right out of town. Thats one way to get rid of the franchise tag Lets see if the Hawks stand pat on their High Quality standards NOW

Reaction score
They let Tatapu get away with that DUI, so I wouldn't doubt he will be given a chance. Otherwise, our first pick in the draft will be a Linebacker.

Reaction score
phaZe said:
They let Tatapu get away with that DUI, so I wouldn't doubt he will be given a chance. Otherwise, our first pick in the draft will be a Linebacker.

Lofa's came after he signed his contract.

Here's the logical thing... Leroy won't be tagged and let go test the market. Either A. no one takes him cause of this or B. he goes back to Seattle cheaper cause of this.

No matter what here is how I feel:
Leroy is a great LB, but overrated cause of the presence of Lofa and JP. If he does sign he will never put up the numbers he has in Seattle elsewhere. David Hawthorne is someone who caught my attention in pre-season. Undrafted out of TCU I could see with the presence of Lofa and JP him doing a pretty good job as the replacement of Leroy. Call me crazy or whatever you want, but this maybe a blessing in disguise. However one thing is for sure... Leroy if you have a problem get help! It's for the best for you and your family.

Also in question: Will the NFL have a punishment for him? He is a first timer with this, but could draw a meeting with Rog or fine. Time will tell.

Reaction score
I find it funny how those who are so fortunate to have millions of dollars like to drive drunk, smoke marijuana and all that stuff. They should be thankful for what they have.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
There's no way Leroy Hill is overrated. He receives no recognition for his feats. But it doesn't matter now... Say bye-bye to Leroy!

Reaction score
The say he was passed out at an intersection, but they don't say if he was in the road or off to the side. They also didn't test him for a DUI and say nothing about him being high with Marijuana, just in possession. It also sounds like they had to dig to find the Marijuana, so it wasn't just in plain site, another reason to believe he just had the Marijuana, but probably didn't smoke it. For all we know, he might have pulled over because he was too tired to keep driving and he wanted to do the responsible thing and pull over before he passed out while driving.

I don't see this affecting Ruskell signing him again.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Hill is not as appreciated by the rest of the league as here in Seattle. I think he will try to get a big payday, wont get the reception he is looking for. Regardless of what happens with Hill, there is no way we draft LB in the 1st round. We either sign a Big DT, OT or Crabtree in the 1st round.

Cole

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe said:
For all we know, he might have pulled over because he was too tired to keep driving and he wanted to do the responsible thing and pull over before he passed out while driving.

:lol:

Reaction score
Wag-
Cause he was parked and sleeping. Can't legally prove he was driving... just a guess, but it makes sense. You have to be able to prove he was driving... can't prove it by him sleeping at the wheel parked.

Reaction score
they said it was IN a intersection. If the keys are in he can be charged. Plus he said he was driving and was tired and went to sleep. That is enough to charge him IMO. (took criminal law in college :roll: )

Reaction score
People don't just call in a guy passed out in a parking spot. He had to be blocking the road or parked in the middle of it.

Douglas County Sheriff's Office says the 26-year-old Hill was arrested about 4 a.m. Saturday in the suburban Atlanta county. Taylor said Hill had apparently fallen asleep behind the wheel at a major intersection.

According to police, Hill was found in his car at about 4 a.m. after several citizens reported a car with a driver asleep at an intersection.

this tells me he was in the road

OP
S
Reaction score
You're not going to get charged for DUI if the cops don't witness you driving. Either way, I don't understand why you are arguing for a Seahawks player to get punished further.

S

Seattlehawk94

That's actually wrong...You can get charged with DUI the second you sit in the DRIVERS seat...Trust me, I worked in a bar back in the day and saw it happen many times..

Reaction score
Yeah I know you can I was just saying it's possible that they couldn't prove he was driving. Not sure how state laws are down there.

OP
S
Reaction score
I stand corrected. Either way, I'm glad he didn't get a DUI, and I'm still hoping we sign this pot head to a contract.

Top Bottom