• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

L.A. Stadium Designs

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I like both the Gensler and HKS, but I don't think Americans are ready for building designs like the HKS. I could see it in Asia, but not here.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Yeah, that other one is waaaaaay to gaudy....Wouldn't work for an NFL squad...

Really I'm hoping this is the building that get's done:

Los Angeles Football Stadium | Los Angeles Stadium

it's a better fit for NFL: Tailgating, less traffic, etc..

Having it by Staples would be too confining for tailgating....There is NO parking in downtown LA...

Reaction score
These all suck IMO. Looks like some high school kid put them together in art class.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

These all suck IMO. Looks like some high school kid put them together in art class.

Not really, the LA Stadium in City of Industry is very well done....The Gensler one is pretty cool too...

Whose franchise do they get? Jaguars or Vikings or someone else?

Could be the Vikqueens, but they are really trying to stay...
Jags.....Maybe, but Weaver want's to stay in JAX and is going above and beyond...

Personally....I've been hearing Kronke (sp) in St. Loser who HAS to either sell the Avs and Nuggets to buy the Lambs (which he doesn't want to do) is looking to trade teams with Bowlen in order to keep his other teams...Meaning that would be the SECOND time the Lambs were traded (see: Colts) and he'd (Bowlen) would then move the Lambs back to LA (where they belong---See: Fred Dryer comments)...

If the Lambs move back to Los Angeles look for an AFC Expansion team to join them....I'm thinking this upcoming CBA brings another 2 teams into the league just for expansion fees for the owners....Think Los Angeles Aztecs (AFC), Los Angeles Lambs (NFC), and a possible Toronto franchise in the NFC...

IF the Lambs don't move...Likely....You'd see TWO Los Angeles franchises come about via expansion...If THIS happens you'd see the Bills most likely move to Toronto by the end of this decade with Portland, Vancouver, and a SECOND Chicago team on the horizon in the future...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;53152 said:
Could be the Vikqueens, but they are really trying to stay...

They already stole the Lakers, so why not?

Seattlehawk94;53152 said:
If the Lambs move back to Los Angeles look for an AFC Expansion team to join them....I'm thinking this upcoming CBA brings another 2 teams into the league just for expansion fees for the owners....Think Los Angeles Aztecs (AFC), Los Angeles Lambs (NFC), and a possible Toronto franchise in the NFC...

IF the Lambs don't move...Likely....You'd see TWO Los Angeles franchises come about via expansion...If THIS happens you'd see the Bills most likely move to Toronto by the end of this decade with Portland, Vancouver, and a SECOND Chicago team on the horizon in the future...

I don't think this would happen without another complete realignment. Four divisions, four teams in each division. Works out quite nicely for a league so concerned with parity.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

The big reason expansion could happen is the 18 game sked and the fact the CBA is going to give the players a few bones if they agree..The union is going to want more players, the owners are going to need to recoup some money and for both those things the easiest way to get both is expansion...

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah I get it, I just don't expect it to happen without some sort of realignment. What divisions get the new teams? Then those divisions are at a disadvantage because it is harder to make the playoffs with more teams in your division.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Same could be said about baseball.....The AL East is a death march with 3 elite teams and 4 good teams plus another crappy team, and the AL West has 4 teams...

They'd find a way...

Reaction score
The Rays won't be "elitle" next year.

But I don't see why they don't do expansion in baseball again. Add 2 AL teams to have an equal number of teams on each side.

dizzle498

Huddler
Reaction score
I personally want the one to be built in City of Industry because of the tailgating point made above. Down town LA would be great if you want to go to the game and spend $200 on bars and things. They have a great area for that, no tailgating would be ROUGH.

Reaction score
Yeah Screw california They already have 3 teams and here i am living in oregon with No team... thats crap.

Give to the Poor not the Rich damn it!

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

EricOV;53181 said:
Yeah Screw california They already have 3 teams and here i am living in oregon with No team... thats crap.

Give to the Poor not the Rich damn it!

Uh....

LA>Portland

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

Portland will get a team someday but the 2nd largest city in the USA is next in line...It's about money and LA has it..

Reaction score
I've got an idea... after the Ducks win the Natty, turn the team into a pro franchise. We'll quit building all those gay bike lanes and invest that money into a new stadium where the Memorial Collisium is, right next to the Garden. Phil Knight can be the majority owner. What do you guys think??

Paul Allen will NEVER let it happen, the dude has too much power... I think he may have had something to do with the Sonics leaving. A "behind the scenes" type of player. He doesn't want a team competing with his Blazers and he doesn't want a team competing with the Seahawks. He owns the NW sports market. He will do everything to keep it that way.

kdawg2980

Huddler
Reaction score
Portland can't even hang onto a triple A baseball team. Have no stadium for the Vikings to even play in.

They have a long ways to go before they have an NFL team. I don't see the NFL expanding as much as you do seattlehawk94.

Rams to LA makes sense. Rams go back to where they belong, you still keep 32 teams and the divisions make more since with LA, Seattle, Phoenix and San Fran.

OP
S

Seattlehawk94

They have PGE Park for the Vikqueens....The remodel was for a football/soccer venue...

The NFL will expand, trust me....The CBA is going to cause it....Look at MLB in 1995 during the strike, they added the D-Backs and Rays because of lost revenue and the expectations of the new CBA. Same goes with the NHL in the late '90s.

The NFL will HAVE to expand to keep the revenue, and with the TV deals coming up shortly afterwards LA is going to be a bargining chip for the networks..

Top Bottom