• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Jets Looking to move up!

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Espn reported today that the jets are looking to move up to get Sanchez. Says they are hoping that he will be available at 8 to make a trade with jacksonville, but have not ruled out moving into the top 5.

It the Seahawks were to trade the pick to the jets, they would get the jets #17, 2nd rd # 49, & 4th rd # 113.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Do it.

Or same thing Peter King proposed: 1st and 3rd this year, 2nd next year.
For the 4th overall pick? I'd say 1st and 2nd this year...4th or 5th next year.

The 4th overall pick is a very valuable pick and if another team wants it they should have to give up something more than a draft pick lower down in the same round and one 2 rounds later. :D

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Not when you're going to get the same quality of player picking lower in the first...
What players are the same quality has Curry, Stafford, Sanchez, Crabtree, Maclin and Orakpo?

If Stafford and Curry are both gone and Maclin isn't where the Seahawks want to go, then trading down is a good idea, but I think the Seahawks would take advantage of how desperate the Jets are for a Franchise QB and get more out of them then they should have to give up.

We could do a 1st & 2nd from the Jets and we give them the 4th Overall Pick and a 5th Rounder. :D

Reaction score
phaZe said:
Number 18 said:
Not when you're going to get the same quality of player picking lower in the first...
What players are the same quality has Curry, Stafford, Sanchez, Crabtree, Maclin and Orakpo?

If Stafford and Curry are both gone and Maclin isn't where the Seahawks want to go, then trading down is a good idea, but I think the Seahawks would take advantage of how desperate the Jets are for a Franchise QB and get more out of them then they should have to give up.

We could do a 1st & 2nd from the Jets and we give them the 4th Overall Pick and a 5th Rounder. :D

I reference you again to [ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/news/story?id=2410670"]NFL draft-pick value chart - NFL - ESPN[/ame]. Do the math.

Reaction score
1st + 3rd is 1135
1st + 2nd is 1360

The 4th Overall Pick is valued at 1800.

If it is 1st and 3rd this year and 2nd next than those values would work, but having to wait a year and not knowing where the pick is really should decrease the value. Plus, there is no way for them to equal 1800 if they were to do that. The max the Jets picks would value is 1715. So, that chat says that the Seahawks would be losing in the trade, not winning.

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
You're not taking into account the burden of having to pay the guaranteed money that a top 5 pick commands.
That's true. They tend to demand more money and take a lot longer to work out a contract with.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I heard that the Jets may look to jump ahead of the seahawks , like to the Rams or Chiefs so they can take Sanchez, Which could be good for us because that leaves one of those OL or possibly Curry for us at 4......

Reaction score
Idahawk said:
I heard that the Jets may look to jump ahead of the seahawks , like to the Rams or Chiefs so they can take Sanchez, Which could be good for us because that leaves one of those OL or possibly Curry for us at 4......

I would ROFL.... I would actually make a whole batch of Belgian ROFLs.

Reaction score
I still doubt if it will happen, but if it does its most likely the Jets or the Redskins. Dan Snyder is for sure stupid enough to do it.

Reaction score
I wouldn't mind a team trading with either the Rams or Chiefs. It would give us a better chance to get Curry. :D

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
The Broncos have a bunch of picks now.

i read that as "the broncos are a bunch of pricks" :D

and anyway, let the jets trade up, just not with us, and get a QB, we can then get Curry

OP
Seahawk Freak

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Why are so many of you so anxious to grab a LB that does not rush the QB? The Hawks traded Peterson becuase they were paying too much for the LB Core. I dont see any way the Chiefs pass on Curry! The more I look at it, I love drafting Sanchez and moving Seneca to WR, possibly trading Branch to Cleveland or the Giants

Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
Why are so many of you so anxious to grab a LB that does not rush the QB? The Hawks traded Peterson becuase they were paying too much for the LB Core. I dont see any way the Chiefs pass on Curry! The more I look at it, I love drafting Sanchez and moving Seneca to WR, possibly trading Branch to Cleveland or the Giants

Somebody's been watching some ESPN. Curry can learn to rush the QB, he's very versatile.

Reaction score
2 firsts or a first and 2 2nd's

going 4 to 17 is too far a drop for only the a mid 2nd and 4th rounder.

Seahawk Freak said:
Espn reported today that the jets are looking to move up to get Sanchez. Says they are hoping that he will be available at 8 to make a trade with jacksonville, but have not ruled out moving into the top 5.

It the Seahawks were to trade the pick to the jets, they would get the jets #17, 2nd rd # 49, & 4th rd # 113.

Top Bottom