• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Injury-prone?

BCheezy59

Huddler
Reaction score
Most other fan bases assume Hasselbeck is over the hill and can't stay healthy as well as many other plays. Namely, Deion Branch. Anyone else get annoyed the fuck out by that? But what do we really think? Are the key players such as Hasselbeck, Housh, Curry, Tatupu, and Kerney all going to stay out of harms' way? I think if Branch has to miss a large chunk of the season one more time we ought to cut his ass. I'm really losing my patience with Deion Branch and his always hurt worthless ass.

Reaction score
I think having 4 solid receivers (Housh, Branch, Burleson, and Butler) will cut down on Branch's workload and hopefully keep him fresh.

Reaction score
On top of Carlson at the tight end should allow Branch to stay healthy. I think the injuries won't be a problem this year. Mora appears to being more relaxed when it comes to injuries. Big Walt and Trufant are prefect examples of that.

Reaction score
Good to see ya again, Mukilteo!

ANYONE could get injured on any given play, any given game. Let's just hope all of our guys stay healthy, strong and injury-free all season long!

Reaction score
yeah an branch wasnt getting hurt because of workload i believe everytime he has gotten hurt he has just pulled up while running a route....if branch doesnt give us something this year he's done for sure...as for matts injuries our inconsistency on the line and having to shift players around hasnt provided him with much time to throw and he is getting hit waaaaaaaaay to much...hopefully we will get some solid line play this season

OP
B

BCheezy59

Huddler
Reaction score
If he has to be given special treatment and not have to play all the time to avoid getting hurt then he doesn't need to be here. He needs to run his little undersized ass off and get down the field to jerk the safeties so we can throw to our real #1, and that's Houshmandzadah. Branch needs to put up, or be shown the door.

Reaction score
BCheezy59 said:
If he has to be given special treatment and not have to play all the time to avoid getting hurt then he doesn't need to be here. He needs to run his little undersized ass off and get down the field to jerk the safeties so we can throw to our real #1, and that's Houshmandzadah. Branch needs to put up, or be shown the door.

I'm not saying special treatment, I just want to see Butler get a decent amount of playing time.

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
BCheezy59 said:
Most other fan bases assume Hasselbeck is over the hill and can't stay healthy as well as many other plays. Namely, Deion Branch. Anyone else get annoyed the fuck out by that? But what do we really think? Are the key players such as Hasselbeck, Housh, Curry, Tatupu, and Kerney all going to stay out of harms' way? I think if Branch has to miss a large chunk of the season one more time we ought to cut his ass. I'm really losing my patience with Deion Branch and his always hurt worthless ass.
This is no shit, I couldn't have said it better. Deion "the bust" Branch, is a good guy and all, but he's been a terrible disappointment to all of us. As far as I'm concerned they should have run his ass two years ago but he was into to us for so much money plus we gave away a #1 pick for him that management was bound to ride it out, not being able to admit what a mistake it turned out to be. Maybe if we get a little shithouse luck and our receiving corps manages to stay healthy this year, he can be a difference maker for us, but I aint holding my breath!

Reaction score
BlueTsunami45 said:
BCheezy59 said:
This is no shit, I couldn't have said it better. Deion "the bust" Branch, is a good guy and all, but he's been a terrible disappointment to all of us. As far as I'm concerned they should have run his ass two years ago but he was into to us for so much money plus we gave away a #1 pick for him that management was bound to ride it out, not being able to admit what a mistake it turned out to be. Maybe if we get a little shithouse luck and our receiving corps manages to stay healthy this year, he can be a difference maker for us, but I aint holding my breath!

We've seen glimpses of what he can do... Those two plays against New England last year were amazing, Just hope he stays healthy and shows us he can do that kind of stuff on a regular basis.

Reaction score
^^^thats true and i believe seahawks fans everywhere are hoping that guy will show up on a consistent basis, not just when the season is in the tank and he is playing his ex team

bobflipaburger said:
But you can make the point that he may not have gotten hurt if he was on the field a little less.

Well i dont think you can make that point....steve smith (an undercised receiver) has carried the carolina recieveing core for years and is in double coverage the entire game, not to mention will be thrown into the game to return punts as well

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Could be, I suppose. But do you see him with the likes of T.O. or Randy Moss or Larry Fitzgerald? I see him more like a Wes Welker.

That is not to devalue the contributions to the team. I prefer the Wes Welkers over the others. I am just saying I do not expect Houshmandzadeh to be a burner down the field.

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree with your comments about TJH. He's a tough receiver and is going to be Mr. Reliable for us, the way Bobby was. Solid precise routes, great hands and willing to go over the middle. A true possession receiver, but a good sized one that's capable of fighting through a tackle for extra yardage. Matt will look his way often this year. I hope Branch can regain his MVP form, although unlikely, as he could take pressure off Nate and the new Deion. Do you think JK will make the cut?

OP
B

BCheezy59

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Could be, I suppose. But do you see him with the likes of T.O. or Randy Moss or Larry Fitzgerald? I see him more like a Wes Welker.

That is not to devalue the contributions to the team. I prefer the Wes Welkers over the others. I am just saying I do not expect Houshmandzadeh to be a burner down the field.

He's a true #1 regardless. He makes defenses adjust and reconsider their scheme. Stats-wise, he's good for 1300 yards as long as his first string QB is playing. I wouldn't be suprised if he lead the league in TD's this year, he's such a possession freak.

G

Number 18 said:

If he was faster, I think he'd be a "true number one".

Top Bottom