• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Info on Thomas and Okung

Reaction score
Earl Thomas will wear #29 and Russell Okung will sport #76 (yes the number that a Pro Bowler once wore in Seattle.) Steve Young called Thomas "the best safety in the Draft" and yes he's a Seahawk. Overall I give the Seahawks an A on the day. It won't be an official grade until three-years from now when we truly know what both of them are doing for us.

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
I agree with an A rating. And if we can somehow find a way to secure Everson Griffen, I would make it an A+.

clinton

Huddler
Reaction score
I want Blount!!! We have a speed back in Forsett and I believe L.B is going to be the best running back in this draft. Yes I said it.Draft him!!! I am a Husky fan but I have watched several highlight videos and that man is Corey Dillon with speed agility and heart!! Poor decision making in the past Is my biggest issue with him..I may be biting off more then I can chew, but I just really like his abilities!!! The 2 first round picks were awesome!

Reaction score
clinton;47674 said:
I want Blount!!! We have a speed back in Forsett and I believe L.B is going to be the best running back in this draft. Yes I said it.Draft him!!! I am a Husky fan but I have watched several highlight videos and that man is Corey Dillon with speed agility and heart!! Poor decision making in the past Is my biggest issue with him..I may be biting off more then I can chew, but I just really like his abilities!!! The 2 first round picks were awesome!
Forsett isn't that quick compared to guys like Best, Spiller and Chris Johnson.

Reaction score
[ame="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5127332"]Verizon Draft Analysis: Earl Thomas - ESPN Video - ESPN[/ame]

Reaction score
[ame="http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=5127067"]Verizon Draft Analysis: Russell Okung - ESPN Video - ESPN[/ame]

Reaction score
LeGarrette Blount ran a 4.62 at the NFL Combine. Forsett ran a 4.46 at Cal, but I wouldn't trust a college to give you his actual stats.

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;47681 said:
LeGarrette Blount ran a 4.62 at the NFL Combine. Forsett ran a 4.46 at Cal, but I wouldn't trust a college to give you his actual stats.
Forsett has decent speed, the knock on him is speed for his size which is incredibly slow... 40 times are deceiving.

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;47682 said:
We didn't. We got the most NFL ready LT and the 2nd best safety.

Completely disagree; Okungs potential is as good as any tackle in the draft; So him being the most NFL ready only makes this pick better for us.

Earl Thomas is the best all around safety in the draft; The only real thing Berry has over Thomas is size and strength.

Reaction score
knownone;47684 said:
Completely disagree; Okungs potential is as good as any tackle in the draft; So him being the most NFL ready only makes this pick better for us.

Earl Thomas is the best all around safety in the draft; The only real thing Berry has over Thomas is size and strength.

You say that like size and strength are insignificant things for a safety.

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
bobflipaburger;47685 said:
You say that like size and strength are insignificant things for a safety.

Not at all they are very important, But it's not like Thomas is 5'5 160 either lol.
I just don't think Berrys measurables set him apart from Thomas who has him in just about every other category.

Reaction score
Earl Thomas is less then an inch shorter then berry and only weighs like 3lbs less their size isn't that different.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;47678 said:
:taunt::taunt: what!?:shok: Forsett fast? hahahahaha
Forsett is not super fast.......... but he accelerates very quickly....

we all know he doesn't have break away speed... but his quickness off the line gives him the ability to consistently pick up first downs. and have a good Avg. 5.4yrds per carry.... Forsett is good if not Great.

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
EricOV;47692 said:
Earl Thomas is less then an inch shorter then berry and only weighs like 3lbs less their size isn't that different.

I was for Berry but this is a great point though! Is Thomas 1a?

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
EricOV;47692 said:

Yeah, exactly and people say the reason Berry is rated higher than Thomas is because he's a bigger safety and that Thomas might be too small for his body to hold up. Not a huge difference in size between these two.

Reaction score
sigpro;47698 said:
Yeah, exactly and people say the reason Berry is rated higher than Thomas is because he's a bigger safety and that Thomas might be too small for his body to hold up. Not a huge difference in size between these two.

Thomas just looks smaller, guess Berry is just built a little bigger.

Top Bottom