• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If the Hawks sign Marshall and give away their 6th overall...

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
I am hearing that the lions may want to trade their #2 overall pick, plus they just traded for a DT. Do you think its a possibility we trade up for that pick somehow if we sign Marshall and give away our 6th? That would allow us to get either Okung or Suh. Suh would be the perfect fit for a 3-4 if we swiched and Okung is the LT we need....any thoughts?

Reaction score
We probably would have to offer our 14th and a pick next year or the 2nd round this year on top of another pick. Not sure exactly if it's worth it or not.

OP
D

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;45640 said:
We probably would have to offer our 14th and a pick next year or the 2nd round this year on top of another pick. Not sure exactly if it's worth it or not.

well from what im reading if the hawks do aquire marshall from the broncos it would be likely they renegotiate a different proposal that would send a smaller package to denver. possibly our 14th pick. or our 2nd round pick. or a 2nd round pick with a player

Reaction score
Hawk096;45650 said:
Deion Branch?? Remember he played under Josh McDaniels in New England.
That's why it makes sense to me that they trade Branch and the 2nd round pick for Marshall.

Reaction score
Then maybe that's the pieces they will try and put together with Denver. I would have no problem with trading out 2nd this year and Branch for Marshall.

OP
D

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;45651 said:
That's why it makes sense to me that they trade Branch and the 2nd round pick for Marshall.

I would be all for that. he is definitely worth giving up a 2nd round pick...and Branch is just blah

Reaction score
Marshall is not worth the headache IF we are including our 6 or 14th pick. This team has WAY more holes to fix.

OP
D

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;45661 said:
Marshall is not worth the headache IF we are including our 6 or 14th pick. This team has WAY more holes to fix.

Hawk096 just informed me that its likely our 2nd and 4th round picks for him. Which would be great.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
OMG i have been saying since season got over that we should just switch to 3-4.Got curry and hill on outside and tatupu and hawthorne in the middle,with mebane and cole switching to give each other brakes.Hawthorne looked really good last year and tatupu is just a beast mlb, and curry is young and hill is really good as well it could help us out so much.

Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;45679 said:
OMG i have been saying since season got over that we should just switch to 3-4.Got curry and hill on outside and tatupu and hawthorne in the middle,with mebane and cole switching to give each other brakes.Hawthorne looked really good last year and tatupu is just a beast mlb, and curry is young and hill is really good as well it could help us out so much.
A lot of us on the Huddle have been saying the same thing as well. We just need a good NT.

Reaction score

you had me until you called Tatupu a beast

to Denver I'd say that Ruskell or Woody Woodward is running the FO

IF it is our 2nd and 4th. Then and only then is it a good deal. I'd rather it be our 4th and 5th and Branch.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;45690 said:
you had me until you called Tatupu a beast

to Denver I'd say that Ruskell or Woody Woodward is running the FO

IF it is our 2nd and 4th. Then and only then is it a good deal. I'd rather it be our 4th and 5th and Branch.
Anquan Boldin was traded for a 3rd and 4th so trading Branch and a 2nd for Marshall seems like a fair trade.

Reaction score

dont forget we signed that hybrid DE/OLB Ricky Foley from the cfl.

he seams pretty beastly.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Sando is reporting that Denver is not going to negotiate a trade so the Hawks are losing interest.

I dont like giving up picks to move up, unless it is for Okung. We have too many needs to be giving up picks. I do love 2nd and Branch for Marshall, and Seneca to Cleveland for a 3rd or 4th.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Sando is reporting that Denver is not going to negotiate a trade so the Hawks are losing interest.

I dont like giving up picks to move up, unless it is for Okung. We have too many needs to be giving up picks. I do love 2nd and Branch for Marshall, and Seneca to Cleveland for a 3rd or 4th.

Reaction score
who in their right mind would give a 3 or 4 for Wallace????
Marshall is not coming here if they want a 1st rounder.

Reaction score
SeahawkWag;45826 said:
who in their right mind would give a 3 or 4 for Wallace????
Marshall is not coming here if they want a 1st rounder.
Mike Holmgren would give a 3rd or 4th for Wallace.

twelvewins

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawk Freak;45793 said:

Exactly, time to rebuild. Trade veterans and projects to other teams for draft picks. We need a lot of young studs so if some don't pan out we have extras. Guys that can learn together and become great in 3-4 seasons.

If denver won't trade, they can keep him. He's not worth 6 overall when we need that pick for a big stud.

Top Bottom