• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

If not Darrell Bevell, than who?

Cyoplasm

Huddler
Reaction score
I completely understand that the business side of the NFL and the expectation of this particular team is an animal in itself, BUT, over the last month people's opinion of Bev' seems to have dramatically changed.
I've heard some calling for his head, and last week I heard that we should make a run at Whiz to take over our offense even! (OBV before TENN hired him)
Sometimes we overreact initially after a win, or a loss. Or after significant changes the FO makes in the off season, only to realize the upside after settling down and using logic.

New to this board so i'm sorry if this topic was already discussed, but again, I ask, if not Bev', then who?
Who would you consider to replace Bev, if in fact he does get offered a vacant HC job? Am I impressed with the offense the past month? Heck no, of course no,t and we're going to need more production to win this week and in the SB no doubt. Fully understand that... but I would argue that his contribution to this team in total is significant.

My argument: Now please don't take what I'm about to say out of context, or in a literal sense.
What happened to Mark Sanchez after a new offensive coordinator every year? Remember Sanchez played in the conference championship his rookie year, and after that, it was all down hill from there.
He never seemed to get a grasp, and as that team fell apart, he never had anything to build off of from the previous season.
Again, by NO MEANS are they the same, nor the teams.
My point is, I don't doubt that Russell could learn a new offense and thrive in it
(We've seen him learn this offense in a single training camp). Not to mention him learning the spread AND west coast in college..... but why risk it? Why fix something that isn't broken?
Because this offense is not broken. It may not be playing up to full potential, but it isn't broken, and if you believe otherwise, i'm sorry but you're simply wrong. The longer Wilson and Bev have together, the more comfortable Russ will be. By year three in the same offense he should be mastering it.
Why have him re learn a new offense from a new coordinator, that may or may not let him use all his tools. For example, the people I heard calling for Whiz, do you really believe that his approach would be optimal for Russell? Like I mentioned in a seperate thread, if there's a coordinator on this team that I would overpay for, it would be Bev, and that has absolutely nothing to do with the contributions Quinn and Cable have made. Cable and Quinn are probably the best candidates for HC vacancies, but losing Bev and ultimately changing the style for this offense could mean bad things for the development of our beloved #3
Love Dan Quinn, but with the talent we have on this defense??? Please, you don't exactly need a Dick Lebeau to get these guys to shut teams down. If we lost Quinn, it wouldn't be the end of the world. Just like when Gus left last year.
Overpay to keep Bevell... and haters... give him a break. /rant

Top Bottom