• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Holmgren Turns Down Seahawks Offer

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Woopi spankin doo. 2 wildcard game wins? Who cares?
2nd place is just the first losers, and we were not even 2nd

How long have you been a Seahawks fan? We have never won the Super Bowl, and only been there once and that was under Holmgren. According to your logic we are the biggest losers in the league history, and that is not what I think of our team.

If they hadn't let go of Hutch they would have won the Super Bowl both years and we would at lest be in the playoffs this year

Ruskell is the one who let Hutch go, but there were many circumstances which are covered in another thread on the forums which can be found here.
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1444

Holmgren was a good coach but he was not "all that"

Holmgren was more than a good coach. He was one of only 5 coaches in NFL history to lead TWO teams to the Super Bowl as a Head Coach, none of which ever won it with two different teams. The others were Bill Parcells, Dan Reeves, Don Shula, and Dick Vermeil. He coached Steve Young in college, Joe Montana, Steve Young, Brett Favre, and Matt Hasselbeck in the NFL. He lead our team to more playoff games than all our other coaches combined since 1976 and our only Super Bowl in Franchise history. To say he wasn't "all that" as a coach is just plain retarded.

Still glad he is gone

I am not, but that is the way things played out. If there was ever a doubt someone can have legit about Holmgren it is whether he would have made as good a GM as he did a coach in the NFL (see all posts related to Number 18). I honestly think he would be great with PFO and GM powers, but adding the workload of coach like before was a tad too much for him. Others would argue otherwise, but it is all speculation. What is not, is his ability to coach, he is a HOF coach period.

BuckJonez

Huddler
Reaction score
The Seahawks made an offer to Holmgren they knew he would never accept. This was purely a PR move since Holmgren is such a legend in the NFL. Don't blame Holmgren and say it's about the money. It's obvious he wanted to be here otherwise he would have just accepted the Browns offer first, but no he wanted to see if Seattle had any interest in him. For starters the Seahawks offered him a Senior Position??? what is that??? Obviously not GM and Holmgrem is either a Head Coach if he wants to coach or a GM, but to then offer him some low paying Senior position was a total insult. I like Holmgren as a Head Coach, but as as a GM I don't know, so let's not try and spin this anyway other than what it was. The Seahawks head brass wanted to show Holmgren the respect and appreciation that he deserves and earned, but already made a decision as an organization that they were planning in going in a different direction than the Holmgren Philosophy.

Reaction score
BuckJonez said:
The Seahawks made an offer to Holmgren they knew he would never accept. This was purely a PR move since Holmgren is such a legend in the NFL. Don't blame Holmgren and say it's about the money. It's obvious he wanted to be here otherwise he would have just accepted the Browns offer first, but no he wanted to see if Seattle had any interest in him. For starters the Seahawks offered him a Senior Position??? what is that??? Obviously not GM and Holmgrem is either a Head Coach if he wants to coach or a GM, but to then offer him some low paying Senior position was a total insult. I like Holmgren as a Head Coach, but as as a GM I don't know, so let's not try and spin this anyway other than what it was. The Seahawks head brass wanted to show Holmgren the respect and appreciation that he deserves and earned, but already made a decision as an organization that they were planning in going in a different direction than the Holmgren Philosophy.

Unless you were in the room, you really have no idea what happened. Maybe it was a PR move by the Seahawks, maybe it wasn't. Maybe the golden boy Holmgren was creating a market for himself to drive up the price. None of us know what really happened, and none of us should care. He's gone, let's move on.

Top Bottom