• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Holmgren Turns Down Seahawks Offer

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Holmgren and Gruden go to Cleveland and make the playoffs in two years!

Mora stays in Seattle, and in the worst division in the entire NFL...Seattle wins 17 games in the next three years and NO PLAYOFFS!

BET!!!!

I really could care less about Holmgren coming back, but we have to get rid of Mora! The guys is a fucking loser!

Hell give me Jack Patera over this fucking guy!

Reaction score
Number 18 said:
Read my link in towards the top of the thread. Pam Oliver on the broadcast just said she talked to Tod Leiweke and he said he offered Holmgren total control. Could it really have been about the money?

Coming from Tod not Pam

The Seahawks talked with Holmgren over the weekend about a senior leadership position.

Doesn't sound like 'total control to me

"After a series of respectful discussions, Mike has declined our offer to rejoin given the structure we proposed," Seahawks CEO Tod Leiweke saidin the team

the structure we proposed? Still not 'total control' if you ask me.......

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Like I said, it felt like a PR move to try and say "Hey we tried, he turned us down." Still angry about it, but trying to figure out what the future is since now we know it won't be Holmgren.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
The devil is always in the details.
I think we all are correct in assuming that Seahawks were offering less then the browns, and what that difference is we may never know. $, controll, title. But did the FO feignt a offer for PR approval? That is far fetched and left for conspircy theorist. Probably the type that might think our current CIC is a terrorist...

If we didnt offer mike "total control" then good, I believe in a democracy.

If he declined the job for more money, then what was the deficiet? Maybe P. Allen needs to pony up, I hear windows 7 is doing very well, if it was a holmy money grab, then shame on him, enjoy your mansion in Cleveland. Come visit.

Final thoughts:
1. We need a holgrem in our orginization
2. After todays game, maybe Mora should be canned and start over season 1, 2010. A WHOLE NEW SEASON.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
I think we need a coach who knows how to fire the team up. I like Mora from his days in Atlanta. I did buy into him when he first was hired, but the more I see him the less I like him. Example his staff... Knapp has far too many weapons on the offense to not succeed. I understand our line has had injury problems, but how do you not know Chris Spencer is good?! Come on I can see that on my couch! They don't get TJ into the offense as much as they should instead they focus on Deion Branch. Branch has shown he wasn't worth a first-round pick time to move on.

Defensively Gus Bradley has to put pressure on the QB! We played a rookie QB they should have been at his throat the full 60 minutes of the game. Make him earn his stripes in the NFL. Instead they send only four guys in and occasionally a decoy.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/ ... -not-agree

Probably a pretty accurate assessment of why Holmgren isn't coming back.

I personally think the Seahawks were right in not rushing. I think everyone wanted him back based on emotion rather than logic. No one has been able to CLEARLY articulate any real reason to bring him back other than because he was our best coach, which has absolutely no bearing on his personnel management.

OP
Hawk096
Reaction score
Mort on ESPN today said he thinks Holmy wanted a deal for 10-years. If that's true I'm glad Seattle didn't committ to that, but I don't see Holmy wanting a 10-year deal. Sometimes I wonder about Mort's Reports.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
All I have to say is Jack Zduriencik. How many people knew of him? Now he's the best thing to happen to the Mariners this decade. This can easily be the Seahawks' story with the next GM.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
I wouldn't say easily, remember that most people fail in the NFL and in management. There are only a handful of truly elite players, coaches, and GM's in the league. Assuming you can pick one out of a haystack is pretty far fetched. Is it possible, sure it is. But it is far more likely that we do not find a suitable replacement and fail to accomplish much at all. Hope someone in our organization has the eye for talent, because I do not have any idea who is up next as GM or why they would come to a team where they cannot choose to hire/fire the coaches. Will be a very interesting offseason.

Reaction score
good. fuck this franchise

they think they are too good for the godfather...

fuck them.. fuck all those fucking fuck fucks involved...

from top to bottom.

Hope this teams goes into the deepest fucking rut ever!!!!

The sad thing is, I may not see them win a sb in my life time....

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Ouch, I wouldn't go that far. I am angry and frustrated and think we are on the losing side of this arrangement, but I hope we surprise everyone with someone who turns this around. Chances are we wont, but as long as the Seahawks exist there is hope.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I still can't believe how sold everyone is on Holmgren. Borderline brainwashed and definitely past pathetic. Pull your shit together.

bbear999

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawk Freak said:
I agree with Striker. I have a feeling that Holmgren wanted Mora out. He blames Mora for the split in the locker room his last year. The only way he was coming back was if he could bring in Gruden to coach.

Just my opinion.

It is pretty clear now that Mora is going to get another year. God I hope they are not going to use Mora to bring in Vick, and use our 2- 1st rounders to fix the O-line.

Are you crazy?!?!?!?
Vick is one of the best athletes in the NFL. I would put him up against Hasselbeck any day.

The Seahawks offensive line is their single greatest problem. I hope they use their top SIX picks to draft offensive linemen. It is our only hope of ever getting to the Super Bowl again.

bbear999

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18 said:
I still can't believe how sold everyone is on Holmgren. Borderline brainwashed and definitely past pathetic. Pull your shit together.

I'm with you.
I am glad he is gone. The 2006 - 2008 seasons were miserable.

Reaction score
bbear999 said:
Number 18 said:

I'm with you.

Um, if you recall, bbear999... we made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs in 2006 & 2007. I wouldn't call that miserable. :roll:

bbear999

Huddler
Reaction score
Pottsie said:
bbear999 said:
Number 18 said:

I'm with you.

Um, if you recall, bbear999... we made it to the 2nd round of the playoffs in 2006 & 2007. I wouldn't call that miserable. :roll:

Woopi spankin doo. 2 wildcard game wins? Who cares?
2nd place is just the first losers, and we were not even 2nd
If they hadn't let go of Hutch they would have won the Super Bowl both years and we would at lest be in the playoffs this year
Holmgren was a good coach but he was not "all that"

Still glad he is gone

Reaction score
bbear999 said:
If they hadn't let go of Hutch they would have won the Super Bowl both years and we would at lest be in the playoffs this year

This statement alone discredits everything you've said.

S

Seattlehawk94

His statement on ConVick the dogkiller helped too..

Yep, nothing like an "athlete" playing QB..Probably like Apple Sayce as well because like the Dogkiller he is an "athlete" also...Maybe we should get Carl Lewis, because nit only can he run and jump he could fyck up the National Anthem as well..lmao.. "Athlete" means can't play a sport but has speed and hops...

Fuck "athletes"...They are gimmick players who can't win bug games at QB;

Cunningham---no SB trips
ConVick-"
Young-"
Bishop-out of NFL
Frost-"
Tommy Frazier-never played in NFL
Charlie Ward-"

yeah..."Athletes" are the wave of the future...

Top Bottom