• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hawks trade 1st round pick to Minnesota

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
The Vikes think they are a franchise QB away from the Super Bowl! So How is this for a trade. The Hawks give the Vikings the #4 and Seattle gets the 24 pick in the 1st round and there 2 and 3rd round picks.

That would give us 5 picks in the first 3 rounds.

Reaction score
that is not enough for the 4 pick if you are only getting the 24th you need 2 first rounders minimum. There would not be a top of line OT at 24 also.
and why would we EVER want to help minnesota?

JGleas

Huddler
Reaction score
It would be an ideal situation but, it's very, very hard to trade out of the Top 10, let alone Top 5. A team has to give up a lot of draft picks and truly be in love with somebody. Not only that, they are going to have to spend a lot of money on that player. Stafford would expect Matt Ryan money if Minnesota pretty much traded the farm to move up for him, and Matt Ryan got paid as a Top 5 QB in the league as a rookie. Vikings would have to be very in love with Stafford (or Sanchez I guess) to give up that much in both draft picks and money because they would be investing A LOT.

S

Seattlehawk94

That was a waste of a click..

If you are going to do these kinda threads at least "Say: How's this for an idea or Draft Idea".

I saw that thread and thought we did it.

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94 said:
That was a waste of a click..

If you are going to do these kinda threads at least "Say: How's this for an idea or Draft Idea".

I saw that thread and thought we did it.
Likewise. Goddamn teaser topic.

Reaction score
I can see us moving down a max of 10 picks, but all the way down to 24 with a 2nd and 3rd round pick isn't going to do anything for us. Maybe trade down like 4 or 5 picks and pick up a 2nd Round pick as well.

Reaction score
Yeah, looking at that chart they'd have to throw a shit load of picks our way like swapping 1sts, and giving us their 2nd and a 1st and a 2nd next year... I would swap firsts with them if they threw in hutch :D lol.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Well, rumor is we are wanting TJ Howsyourmomma meaning that the Crabtree pick may not be an option for us at 2...I personally believe the Rams may take Crabtree to help with an aging Holt and the Loss of Bruce last season....That IMO would leave us the option to trade down a few spots and take the best running back available...in Moreno or Wells or MCcoy....or Maybe DT Raji. ...We have no track record of taking a OT this early and don't see that changing......for the say the redskins..moving up to take a QB Like Sanchez would be a viable option...and we could get back a mid round pick in the deal....

As far as needing a running back ..we do....JJ is not going to just come alive next year...he has proven to me even before we signed him that he is not the man for the job....Mo Mo should get snagged up by another team leaving us with a need...

S

Seattlehawk94

Idahawk said:
As far as needing a running back ..we do....JJ is not going to just come alive next year...he has proven to me even before we signed him that he is not the man for the job....Mo Mo should get snagged up by another team leaving us with a need...

Julia Joan is probably the only RB that would make me pine for Shauna Alexandria... :lol:

Reaction score
I think that what Julie need is carries. I think he was upset about having to split carries with Mo because of promises Holmgren made to Mo. Look at JJ's stats in the games where Mo was out hurt, he was a monster. I think he felt he should have earned that role then, and kind of gave up when he saw that mike was going with Mo regardless. I am one of those people that feels the position is overrated anyway, and that with a good line, a decent back will perform like a star. Case in Point, Shawna. Best line in football in 05, and an NFL MVP season for a back that was quite frankly a pussy.

S

Seattlehawk94

vanillathrilla said:
Case in Point, Shawna. Best line in football in 05, and an NFL MVP season for a back that was quite frankly a pussy.

:lol:

True that....

Reaction score
We have no track record of taking a OT this early and don't see that changing......

WTF?
??? How many times have we had this high of a pick and needed a OT!!!!??????
OK how many top 5 WR have done anything in the last 10 yrs. Yet everyone wants a guy that is bigger than anything we have but is not fast and has a history of dropping balls in close games.

S

Seattlehawk94

SeahawkWag said:
OK how many top 5 WR have done anything in the last 10 yrs. Yet everyone wants a guy that is bigger than anything we have but is not fast and has a history of dropping balls in close games.

Let's see...Since 1998 (10 years) there have been 5 WRs drafted in the Top-5...Here is the list..Yeah, there are so many busts on that list...You've got 2 Future HOFers in Fitz and AJ and one who's career should take off now that he's in Dallas...

Meanwhile the two busts are from the Leos and the Bungholes...Yeah, like they draft well anyways...

Calvin Johnson, who is good in spite of playing for the Leos...
Uh....Larry Fitzgerald who I'm sure you can't dispute..
Andre Johnson...

Peter Warrick...Bust
Charles Rogers....Bust...

Crabtree is the highest rated WR to come out since Fitz and he's probably the best player in the draft..And yet some of you FOOLS want a LT? :roll:

The window is fucking closing and some of you want to slam the door early? Unfuckingreal.....

Top Bottom