• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hasselbeck Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Whitehurst has shown he can make some hudge plays, and make hudge mistakes.
This is the perfect game for him to get his shot, I just wish we didnt have some many injuries at WR/OL positions right now.

Reaction score
The ONLY slight positive about Whitehurst sausage is he's not Apple Sauch (Senecca Wallace).

Reaction score
QBs that do bad in the preseason do even worse in the regular season.

But I am not just talking about #s.. anyone that watched him. Anyone that knows what a good QB looks like, can tell you Whitehurst is not one.

Anyone watching JP Losman knows he should not be playing in this league, let alone at QB. Same story.

If I am wrong I will eat crow. I like mine medium rare.

Reaction score
#ONE;51490 said:
QBs that do bad in the preseason do even worse in the regular season.

But I am not just talking about #s.. anyone that watched him. Anyone that knows what a good QB looks like, can tell you Whitehurst is not one.

Anyone watching JP Losman knows he should not be playing in this league, let alone at QB. Same story.

If I am wrong I will eat crow. I like mine medium rare.

Anyone also knows that preseason is NOT a good representation of a players true abilities... I'm not gonna sit here and tell you he's gonna do awesome, or he's gonna do awful. He's a mystery, and that's all there is to it.

Whitehurst reminds me a lot of Matt Shaub, 3rd round selection, backup QB to a good, young guy. Got traded for a 2nd round pick at the age of 27 (I think). Shaub kinda came outa no where, and I'm hoping for the same results with Whitehurst.

Reaction score
Not true ALOT of Falcon PLAYERS thought as did some NFL scouts thought Schaub was gonna do very well as a starter.

No he was traded when he was 25 after 3 yrs in Atlanta and he at least had thrown 161 more passes in the regular season than CW. Of course that is 161-0 passes....

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;51484 said:
The Giants don't have to game plan for anything.... this will be like playing a retard in madden with your difficulty setting to Rookie.

They will stack the box on running plays and stuff our backs before they even get the ball. They will rush 3 or 4 on pass downs and get pressure.

This line needs to be completely rewamped next year... minus Okung and maybe Unger, I wan't every last one of these bums gone by the start of next year.

Until this team does that I will have NO FAITH in them. I don't care who starts at QB.

And since this topic is about Whitehurtst starting. I think he would do horribly regardless of the line situation. He forces throw, looks uncomfortable in the pocket, overthrows open widereceivers resulting in picks.

And from what I saw in preseason anytime he plays from behind, he plays even worse. He cannot run a hurry up offense and will not be able to rally a team even if they're down by one score.

I give him a nice rating of FAIL!!!
Wow is all i can say to this post. Everyone on here was praising the line a few weeks ago saying how far they have come in such a short period of time. Its amazing to me how one loss can completely change everyones opinon of our team. Im not saying by any means that our line is spectacular because the last few weeks it has been horrible. When everyone was healthy, the line actually looked really good. Injuries happen to every team and it has happened to our line again this year, im curious to see how Pitts does when Okung is back. And as far as Whitehurst, I think he has a lot of potential. Did it show in preseason...not a whole lot but you never know. The first game against the Titans he looked like a complete stud and everyone was jumping on the bandwagon that he should be starting and we have a QB controversy. He looked terrible the next two games, but he is a guy coming into a new team trying to prove himself...wait until you see how he does on Sunday to make a true evaluation. This is his first year in the offensive system so I can only imagine how tough it is to run a two minute offense that is completely new to you, let alone Bates offense which I heard can be pretty complex. Give the guy a break and stop being bandwagon fans that say how horrible we are when we lose and only praise the team when they win.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
Here are some highlights of Whitehurst at Clemson. I know it's college, but it's still interesting to see how he played.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdlemnigJ-s]YouTube - Charlie Whitehurst[/ame]

ECUPirate19

Huddler
Reaction score
I didnt see him play in the post season but if he is able to use his legs to make some big plays with his arm like he did in college we might be alright until hasslebeck gets back. Just gotta wait and see what he does come sunday.

MJD

Huddler
Reaction score
@94, Wow, did you write that BS? Whitehurst has never even thrown a pass in a regular season game and your talking like hes Hitler or something? Did he do something inappropriate to you? Sorry to say but this is most likely Hasslebecks last year and Charlie could very well be our starter next year. You might wanna get used to it or find another team to talk shit about.

Reaction score
HawksFan1987;51515 said:
Whoever wrote that article is a fucking moron. Absolute ignorance.

On a different note. Did you guys know that Hasselbeck has been struck by lightning twice! He has only had only minor injuries both times lol. THAT IS NUCKING FUTS!

The guy who posted it is the guy who wrote it and while the article may be over the top (94 has been known to get like that every now and again lol.) He's not wrong. In fact he's pretty dead on, my biggest fear this week is that whitehurst gets a lucky 65 yard TD pass and everyone starts worshiping that hippie colin farrel nick swisher love child.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
So much hate for a guy that hasn't done anything in the NFL, but maybe that's why he is hated. :D

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;51513 said:
I mean I get the skepticism...but you are basing it off of his preseason. You picked his two worst years at Clemson to post as his statistics. His ACTUAL college carrer statistics were 9665 yards 49 TDs and 46 INTs with a passer rating of 124. His best year came as a sophomore when he threw for 3561 yards 21 TDs and 13 picks with a passer rating of 135. After that year he was projected a first roud pick. He then followed that up with a terrible year and a mediocre year his senior year. Its too bad he had 4 different offensive coordinators throughout college, that makes it tough for a young college quarterback to succeed...you probably didnt know that though. Had he followed up his tremendous sophomore year with another even solid year, he would have came out and entered the draft where he would have most likely been a 1st round pick. So to say the talent and potential isnt there is absolutely absurd. But I can see where youre getting that from since you choose to only look at his 2 worst years as a college quarterback. Im not gonna sit here and say he is the "savior" of this franchise because I dont exactly believe that. I am gonna defend him and give him a shot to see what he can do in a meaningful game in the NFL. The talent is there, so just wait until you actually SEE what he can do rather that looking up useless stats that mean nothing right now. How great were Ryan Leafs stats out of college and where is he now? College stats for quarterbacks rarely transfer over to the NFL. If he is terrible after getting his shot then criticize management or him all you want. And im not even just talking about after one start with a beat up line against a ferocious pass rush because honestly this isnt an ideal situation for ANY backup quarterback to come in...especially in his first start ever in the NFL. If he does well this weekend it wont be because of luck I can tell you that, the odds are heavily stacked against him so if he can find a way to play well against the Giants with the line as beat up as it is...you have to know there is something there.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;51518 said:
I mean I get the skepticism...but you are basing it off of his preseason. You picked his two worst years at Clemson to post as his statistics. His ACTUAL college carrer statistics were 9665 yards 49 TDs and 46 INTs with a passer rating of 124. His best year came as a sophomore when he threw for 3561 yards 21 TDs and 13 picks with a passer rating of 135. After that year he was projected a first roud pick. He then followed that up with a terrible year and a mediocre year his senior year. Its too bad he had 4 different offensive coordinators throughout college, that makes it tough for a young college quarterback to succeed...you probably didnt know that though. Had he followed up his tremendous sophomore year with another even solid year, he would have came out and entered the draft where he would have most likely been a 1st round pick. So to say the talent and potential isnt there is absolutely absurd. But I can see where youre getting that from since you choose to only look at his 2 worst years as a college quarterback. Im not gonna sit here and say he is the "savior" of this franchise because I dont exactly believe that. I am gonna defend him and give him a shot to see what he can do in a meaningful game in the NFL. The talent is there, so just wait until you actually SEE what he can do rather that looking up useless stats that mean nothing right now. How great were Ryan Leafs stats out of college and where is he now? College stats for quarterbacks rarely transfer over to the NFL. If he is terrible after getting his shot then criticize management or him all you want. And im not even just talking about after one start with a beat up line against a ferocious pass rush because honestly this isnt an ideal situation for ANY backup quarterback to come in...especially in his first start ever in the NFL. If he does well this weekend it wont be because of luck I can tell you that, the odds are heavily stacked against him so if he can find a way to play well against the Giants with the line as beat up as it is...you have to know there is something there.

You hit the nail on the head man!

S

Seattlehawk94

I picked his MOST IMPORTANT years...His last two.....Fixed it...

Oh and the "four OCs"...SFW? I did know that...Good QBs can thrive in any system.

87, I've forgotten more about football than most people here KNOW....Disagree with it but calling me a moron is fucking beyond....

MJD...He's not "Hitler"....He's Charles Manson....Doesn't have the mustache or short hair to be Hitler...lol...He did do something "inappropriate" to me----he came here as "the savior" and posting shit on Twitter and Facebook about "I should be the starter" and shit like that.

"Find another team"...Oh, yeah...Seattlefan at it's finest....It's the land of "ie" (Ichie, Lopie, etc), if you don't say "ie" on a players name and show any form of dislike for a teams moves in Seattle you aren't "a true fan"...I'm a fucking Hawksfan.....Doesn't mean I can't not like certain players on my own team....

Here is the counterpoint:

SeattleSportsBlog: Who is Charlie Whitehurst?

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
HawksFan1987;51522 said:
You hit the nail on the head man!

Good post for sure.

Well gang we will know for sure in 13.5 hours.

But I think we are going to see exciting QB play, I think Charlie will do well. Heres my prediction:

Yards: 213
TD's: 3
Picks: 2

Sacks 4

Reaction score
dmarkholt,

the offensive line didn't have one bad game. They had 2 HORRIBLE games back to back. Matt has been sacked 14 times in the last two weeks. That is absolutely inappropriate! Those bums on the line are all making millions of dollars to protect the QB and make holes for the running back. They have proven in capable of either. There is NO EXCUSE for them, none! I can't think of a worse unit in the NFL, if you know of one, please let me know.

And on Charlie Whitehurst, I don't even looks at his numbers in preseason... I watched each game, I remember the SD preseason game from last year. He looks like shit. He doesn't look like an NFL caliber QB. And using a QBs college stats to argue a point is pointless. There have been tons of QBs that put up insane numbers in college and don't amount to shit in this league.

MJD

Huddler
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;51523 said:

Oh and the "four OCs"...SFW? I did know that...Good QBs can thrive in any system.

87, I've forgotten more about football than most people here KNOW....Disagree with it but calling me a moron is fucking beyond....

MJD...He's not "Hitler"....He's Charles Manson....Doesn't have the mustache or short hair to be Hitler...lol...He did do something "inappropriate" to me----he came here as "the savior" and posting shit on Twitter and Facebook about "I should be the starter" and shit like that.

"Find another team"...Oh, yeah...Seattlefan at it's finest....It's the land of "ie" (Ichie, Lopie, etc), if you don't say "ie" on a players name and show any form of dislike for a teams moves in Seattle you aren't "a true fan"...I'm a fucking Hawksfan.....Doesn't mean I can't not like certain players on my own team....

Here is the counterpoint

Hitler, Manson, whatever. All im saying is you should at least give the guy a chance. To write what you wrote and compare him to Charles Manson is just idiotic. What would you do if he did a good job tomorrow and became the starter? Boycott the team? And I never said to "find another team", I said "find another team to talk shit about", there's a different meaning there. I just don't get why you hate this guy so much, he could be a damn good QB if he actually got a chance to start some games. He could also be a waste of picks and money but only he can prove that. Good read btw.

HawksFan1987

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;51523 said:

Here is the counterpoint:

SeattleSportsBlog: Who is Charlie Whitehurst?

Sorry Sidious.
I had no idea you wrote it otherwise i wouldnt have been so honest.
Youre a great writer you just have much fear and anger in you...which we ALL know are paths to the dark side lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom