• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Harvey Unga

Reaction score
I read they could see how he fits into the role that should have been Lendale's. If he's more of a power back than a blocking back look for them to do what it takes in landing him in the Supplemental Draft.

Reaction score
RockChalkSeahawk;48895 said:
Can someone explain to me the Supplemental Draft? How would we acquire Unga?

Here's some info about the NFL Supplemental Draft:

The Supplemental Draft, is designed to allow underclassmen --who did not petition the league for early entry before the NFL Draft deadline but find themselves ineligible for the upcoming college season-- a vehicle for entering the NFL. The supplemental draft is held after the traditional NFL Draft and before each season begins.

The league uses a weighted three-step, semi-lottery system to determine the order of the supplemental draft as follows:

* Teams with six wins or less participate in the first lottery for the top supplemental draft picks. The team that posted the worst record among that group is given a weighted advantage over the following team, with each team's "weight" being decreased on down the line until reaching the team with the best record in the group.

* The second group consists of non-playoff teams and follows the same weighted system.

* The third group consists of last season's 12 playoff teams and, again, follows the same lottery system.

After the order is determined, each team submits to the league the name of the player(s) they are interested in, as well as the round of the supplemental draft they would like to choose them in. The team that submits the highest bid is awarded rights to the player. If more than one team bids a pick from the same round, the team with the highest pick in the round wins out.

If a team uses a pick in the Supplemental Draft, they must forfeit their choice in the corresponding round of the next years NFL Draft.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Given this criteria Id say the hawks have the best shot of the teams that are interested in Unga.
However, from what I read this morning, seems like the other teams are more interested in him.

I think he's worth a 4/5th round for this team. maybe even a 3rd..

Reaction score
Do you have to give up a pick from next years draft or just get allocated new pick(s) for this Supplemental Draft??

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I read next years draft pick, and thoughts were 3rd/4th rounder is what he would cost.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Huh... we'll that was a steal.

I hope FO has some "other" plan at RB and DE position because what we have is not gonna cut.

Top Bottom