• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gallery Out

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Wow, we are still under this curse eh? Gallery isnt even a guy that was known for injury issues was he?

Im having my doubts about Rice to with Labrum too...

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is not good...

The season is getting better and better. :(

Suck for Luck is in full effect. :poop:

nad0023

Huddler
Reaction score
Thats weak hope we have a good backup cuz carpenter needs to stay on the right to get better

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Wow, we are still under this curse eh? Gallery isnt even a guy that was known for injury issues was he?

Im having my doubts about Rice to with Labrum too...
Gallery was known for his injury issues to raider fans. I followed the nfl.com site after he signed here, and the posters there often complained about his chronic injury status. They basicly said that Seattle was next in line to get screwed. Enjoy paying him eight million dollars, they won't miss him, etc. Now it looks like they weren't just flinging sour grapes, but knew what they were talking about (I know... raider fans...who woulda thought).

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Raiders run game looks pretty good without him.

So whos to blame Cable or PC? I know Cable had a strong influence regarding the line, expecially the Raider acquisitions and the Carpenter pick. Is there sound decision making here?

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
Having never played o-line I'm not sure who to blame for this mess (Cable or PC), but it doesn't make any sense to have only one returning starter playing the same position as last year on offense, and that would be number 17 who nobody knew if he would even make the squad last year. Olin Kreutz was available to play center, which would have let Unger slide back into the guard spot after being out a year, and Gibson was adequate at the other guard spot when he played, seems like it would have made sense to have that veteran presense in the middle of the line for at least this year, and let Unger get re-aclimated to yet another new system. Reaching for a pick like Carpenter who was a LT to come in and play RT, after you just drafted the first one the year before is hard to understand, especially when other players like Gabe Carimi were available (I wanted Anthony Davis the year before who went to the 49ers). Add in this young/inexperienced bunch of players with a zone blocking scheme that teams will not practice during their own team practices, since the cut blocking may injure your own defensive players, and how the hell are they supposed to learn it? Add in (my understanding) of the new CBA, that states rookies can only be signed for four years, and isn't that about the time they peak and hit free agency? Then boom! The house of cards collapses again. Your last question is my point, as I'm not sure there is sound decision making here.

Maybe the o-line will get tired of getting their asses kicked and start to fight back at some point hopefully. When I compare the two coaches, Cable just conducts himself like a football coach, while PC still acts like he is entertaining the big time college donnors and delegating every aspect to the revolving assistant coaches on offense. Cable has a presence, while PC is excited. Has PC ever said about anybody that there was a player that he had to have? No, he hasn't really. He's just "excited" so much about the job that Breno Giacomini has done, that he's going to shelve him for later use, and continue letting the rookie who went without a full camp continue to get beat. Cable went with who he knew, while PC knew nothing apparently. Now when your paying tens of millions of fan dollars to other team members that can't be productive in this system because of what I have mentioned above, why shouldn't we get a little edgy about the decision making?

We see it on the field, averaging 144 yards passing, and 47 yards rushing.

OP
SeaHawksHuddle

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
While I do not disagree with your overall sentiment, I think you are leaning on the whole "only 1 starter from Week 1 of last year" thing a bit much. Are you really broken up that Julius Jones and Deion Branch are no longer starting for the Seahawks? I think the only two Week 1 starters from last year that I truly miss are Matt Hasselbeck and Chris Spencer (better than Unger, IMO).

Reaction score
Carpenter wasn't a LT in college, he played inside... LG I think. I don't know if he can be a successful RT, but Cable seemed to do a pretty good job in Oakland with the O-line. It takes time though, especially with the shortened offseason.

Idahawk

Reaction score
I see it like this . People blame the lockout because it didn't give our players the much needed time to practice and gel. And thats very true. But the lockout did much more than that, it forced the Hawks into making some tough calls. I believe that MH would have been re-signed and I believe that far less veteran players would have been let go after that happened without the lock out. I believe that looking at the situation of the Seahawks in a strike shortened season JS and PC and Paul Allen made a choice . Keep going with 500 seasons maybe making the playoffs or maybe not , drafting low first round and missing a shot at a franchise QB or Using the strike shortened season as a write off and a chance to see what you have and what you can do with them . I think the pressure is on JS at this point followed by PC . These guys are shopping for the groceries .

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe JS let some coaches do too much shopping, i.e. Carpenter/Moffit were Cable's 'guys' although Moffit seems to be holding his own, Carpenter has struggled allot early. I'm not ready to throw the baby out with the water yet, just nervous. I think Okung (despite injury) and Unger have turned out pretty good, these other guys, time will tell.

When I replay games I try to focus on the LOS, I just want to continue to see improvement each game. When you watch this group approach the line they appear BIG, TOUGH, and they are YOUNG Linemen, and are coached by one of the best. Its a recipe for sucess but maybe just needs time stew a while longer. I'll admitt I had unrealistic expectations becuase of this.

JustDoug

Huddler
Reaction score
@Bob
I don't follow Alabama, but everything I read says that Carpenter was a LT in college, & a first round NFL reach:
http://www.nfldraft101.com/draft/profiles/player/271931/James_Carpenter.jsp
http://seattle.sbnation.com/seattle...l-draft-picks-james-carpenter-scouting-report
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-seahwks-first-round-let-down-james-carpenter
He may have played guard in the senior bowl, so your not crazy. Well maybe you are crazy, but it's a good crazy.

@18
Don't miss Jones or Branch at all, so good point. Unger was giving up more sacks the first year he stepped in at center than Spencer, and Spenc did do a very good job in his contract year last season, but he was a complete dissapointment up to last season. Unger played very well at the guard position & Moffitt looks especially good when he pulls to the opposite side (not often enough imo). Would like to see some trap blocking. I do see at least seven or eight returning starters to the offense next year, so again good point(s). Now if we could just score some points...

I forget which game it was, but I watched Moffitt pull to the left and come in behind Gallery, and together they "laid the wood" on a short yardage play from scrimmage. Damned cool at the time! Wouldn't be surprised if they do develope into a three headed monster, but as of now, I see BIG, TOUGH, YOUNG, and completely overwhelmed on most plays from the line of scrimmage. Guess I didn't expect that either. Show me the damned groceries!

Top Bottom