• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gaither? Gaither Anyone???

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
....so tell me again...WHY exactly we haven't signed Jared Gaither????
Is it because he's a Restricted Free Agent?

-24, young big left tackle...
..ummm...
Seems like something we desperately need. There must be some underlying reason I'm missing that has caused neither us, WA or KC to sign this guy.

I mean just think, we sign him, BAM. Future LT
Then we take berry at 6 - get one of arguably the best DB's to come out of the draft in YEARS.

Take morgan at 14, and continue to shore up the d-line and o-line and so forth...

Signing Gaither seems like a no brainer, the ESPN Insider rating of him is an 84, not having watched a lot of Baltimore games throughout the season I don't know much else...will someone PLEASE enlighten me to why we haven't signed him yet, seems like I'm missing something...

Reaction score
would they want our late 2nd round pick? Must be something else going on if this guy is sooooo good that no body offered a pick yet?

Ribcage

Huddler
Reaction score
I dont know much of this guy either but this being said ,"Height: 6-9 Weight: 340 Age: 24 " I'd give him a shot too ..:shok:

Reaction score
Ribcage;47172 said:
I dont know much of this guy either but this being said ,"Height: 6-9 Weight: 340 Age: 24 " I'd give him a shot too ..:shok:

But is he worth a 2nd round pick??

That's reportedly what the Ravens want for him.

Give them a 5th rounder, the round he was drafted in...

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
Well say u give up a second round pick for gaither who would you pick at #6 and #14?

Reaction score
If this Gaither guy is so great, why did they draft Oher if they had a franchise caliber Tackle in him??

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;47183 said:
If this Gaither guy is so great, why did they draft Oher if they had a franchise caliber Tackle in him??

Thats a great point no answer from me!

Reaction score
#ONE;47183 said:

Cause a guy with great talent fell to them and they knew they could get compensation for Gaither. It makes sense.

OP
W

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;47183 said:

Yeah, it must've been because Oher fell to them and I read he had a bit of injury issues. STILL. I found out about this guy because he was listed as 3 major impact free agents, mister Marshall being one of the other 3 on that list...

I'm glad I wasn't the only one unaware of him!

I'm sure our FO has looked into him and there must be some greater plan for that 2nd round pick...Hell I'm on board with swapping 14 for 25 and making a deal...

And I guess Petey fell in love with Okung? Visiting Oklahoma twice...too bad since he'll be a Chief or Redskin, he should've been visiting Tennessee....

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
The guy is a bit bigger than what Gibbs like for an OT. I don't think he is all that mobile, but I've heard contradicting words on how he would do in a zone system. But if he would work - I don't know if they'd take a 4th round, but trading 14 for 25 and Gaither is the same as a mid-2nd round pick. This would take us out of the running for Golden Tate, as I think Baltimore is still thinking WR, but maybe we get Benn and then go D Line in the 2nd. And Tony Washington in the 4th and a CB... and, of course, Berry at 6.

Reaction score
As for Oher... I found out the Ravens had intentions to use Michael as their right tackle and would have kept that had Gaither not been hurt against New England in October. If you guys remember the injury then you remember Gaither being carried off on a stretcher. I do remember that game and it's nice to see that the apparent neck injury hasn't stopped him. So after that that's why the Ravens drafter Oher on top of the fact he fell to them they saw him as someone who could start on the right side of Gaither.

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Seems to big for our blocking scheme. But if the coaches pulled the trigger on him to free up space in the draft for working on our D, I would not complain. Our line was terrible last season, but a lot of that had to do with the scheme we ran as well. Our coaches were the laughing stock of the league last season. I would like more than just one lineman to be added though, we do need help there.

OP
W

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm just saying, the consensus is after Okung, the rest of the tackles aren't AMAZING and we aren't gonna get Okung. So why not get berry and Morgan who can actually contribute on defense immediately rather than miss out on Morgan for an average rookie tackle?

Anyone think there's a chance a deal could happen draft day? I thought I read somewhere that a lot, trade wise, can happen on Draft day 2 and so forth...

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
Gaither is just too injury prone. Zone blocking schemes don't work well with guys that are 6-9.

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
They also might not work well with rookies or with the current skill level of our rostered lineman

Top Bottom