• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

For everyone who thinks Brandon Marshall is an ass hole.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
how many important ppl in the world as well have had a DUI, George Bush, Dick Cheney i cant think of any1 else right now but u get the picture

Reaction score
A very good amount of people have had a DUI? I HIGHLY doubt that. If I had to guess, I would say less than 5% of all licensed drivers have had a DUI.

Regardless of how many people have had a DUI, it doesn't make it okay. Driving drunk is one of the most idiotic things you can do and people who have a DUI should be punished more. Those who hurt and kill people should do prison time.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Are you really defending DUIs? Because that's what it sounds like. Scary.

Regardless, one more incident and Marshall is suspended and whatever team he is on is screwed for a year. That fact seems to keep eluding people.

Reaction score
Defending a DUI is absolutely ridiculous. I don't consider a DUI or any sort of domestic violence to be a minor offense. So the fact that he's had numerous incidents of this nature means that the dude either has a lack of self control or doesn't have the ability to differentiate between right and wrong. Everybody screws up, but the fact that he keeps putting himself in these situations is concerning.

Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;46286 said:
all i was trying to say is DUI isnt even close to attempted murder
Just getting a DUI isn't attempted murder, but if you were driving at a high rate of speed and get in an accident then you could say it was attempted vehicular homicide...or something like that.

Reaction score
If you are drinking you know you will be impaired. Then you drive home knowing the risk of hitting someone. Thus IMO you choose to drive knowing you could injure or kill someone. You made the conscience decision to point a loaded gun at someone and pull the trigger. No difference

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
I completely agree that DUI is attempted murder, but I don't believe that should prevent us from getting Brandon Marshall; You've gotta remember these are kids and kids don't always make the best decisions.
I'm confident Marshall has learned from his mistakes and what better place for him to clean up his act and move on with his life; Pete Carroll is known for working with troubled youth, We have coaches he's familiar with and know how to use him, Veterans on both sides of the ball who can teach him how to be a professional.

Hawk30

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag;46313 said:
You made the conscience decision to point a loaded gun at someone and pull the trigger. No difference

Wow dude! Thats stretching it......I'm more than positive that would be murder in the first degree. You can have a bac of .01 and technaclly be under the influence and get a DUI. And you can get a .01 off of cough syrup!....attempted murder? I would only consider it close to that in few cases!!!!

Reaction score
Hawk30;46380 said:
Wow dude! Thats stretching it......I'm more than positive that would be murder in the first degree. You can have a bac of .01 and technaclly be under the influence and get a DUI. And you can get a .01 off of cough syrup!....attempted murder? I would only consider it close to that in few cases!!!!
I don't remember, but the legal limit for someone under 21 is .02 to accommodate for things like cough syrup. If you're over 21 and have a BAC under .08 you can still be arrested for a DUI if the cop thinks you are drunk enough to cause harm to yourself or others. Getting arrested for being at .04 is pretty unlikely, but I guess it's a possibility.

Hawk30

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;46382 said:
I don't remember, but the legal limit for someone under 21 is .02 to accommodate for things like cough syrup. If you're over 21 and have a BAC under .08 you can still be arrested for a DUI if the cop thinks you are drunk enough to cause harm to yourself or others. Getting arrested for being at .04 is pretty unlikely, but I guess it's a possibility.

Yeah thats true and I was stretching that. BUT getting a DUI at .04 is highly likely for a guy like me because I have a CDL!, and that makes my legal limit .04. And for the guys that have a CDL and dont weigh very much .04 is a very little amount of alchohol! Regardless DUI is not attempted murder!!!

Reaction score
Hawk30;46394 said:
Yeah thats true and I was stretching that. BUT getting a DUI at .04 is highly likely for a guy like me because I have a CDL!, and that makes my legal limit .04. And for the guys that have a CDL and dont weigh very much .04 is a very little amount of alchohol! Regardless DUI is not attempted murder!!!
No, it's not, but if someone is drunk and causes an accident then it should be considered attempted vehicular homicide.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
legal limit is .03 unfortunately im in alcohol class right now lol, it sucks, i will ask my counselor about all of this and get back to u guys.... i will say this tho comparing drunk driving and shooting some1 in the face on purpose is in no way similar, that is the most outrageous thing i have ever hear IN MY LIFE

Reaction score
Driving Drunk is a decision mature men and women shouldn't make. My father's a retired cop and he's always advised me if I've had one drink even if it's just one to turn the keys to someone else. It's responsible and could save someone elses life including yourself. I don't think he was truly comparing it to shooting a gun at someone, but when you drive drunk I think it's more like Russian Roulette. You may not get caught, but then again you may and you may hurt someone else. I think it's more of a responsible and mature decision that shows sadly Marshall wasn't one of those during that situation. Hopefully he's matured and become more responsible since then.

Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;46407 said:
legal limit is .03 unfortunately im in alcohol class right now lol, it sucks, i will ask my counselor about all of this and get back to u guys.... i will say this tho comparing drunk driving and shooting some1 in the face on purpose is in no way similar, that is the most outrageous thing i have ever hear IN MY LIFE
Just getting a DUI and not hurting anyone wouldn't be considered attempted murder at all. If someone who gets a DUI gets in an accident then I wouldn't be against it being called attempted murder.

Hawk30

Huddler
Reaction score
Hawk096;46412 said:
Driving Drunk is a decision mature men and women shouldn't make. My father's a retired cop and he's always advised me if I've had one drink even if it's just one to turn the keys to someone else. It's responsible and could save someone elses life including yourself. I don't think he was truly comparing it to shooting a gun at someone, but when you drive drunk I think it's more like Russian Roulette. You may not get caught, but then again you may and you may hurt someone else. I think it's more of a responsible and mature decision that shows sadly Marshall wasn't one of those during that situation. Hopefully he's matured and become more responsible since then.

Wise words, from a wise man!........Driving drunk is a gamble, not pre-meditated harm on another human being!...... I believe that is all that needs to be said. This is getting a little off subject from the Seattle Seahawks!

Top Bottom