• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

First time to Qwest Field

mehrsam0387

Huddler
Reaction score
Hey gang. I'm a brand new member and this is my first official topic. I couldn't think of a more appropriate place to ask this question. I've just recently moved to WA and will be attending my 1st Seahawks game on the season opener. In order to get the full on effect, how early should I get to the stadium? My wife has never been to a college or pro game, so I want to give her the full experience with all the festivities. Any info will help both of us! Thanks!

Reaction score
mehrsam never been to Qwest myself, but whenever I go to any football game I always start it off with a tailgate and go into the stadium about two hours before kick off to watch them warm-up and walk around the stadium so you can interract with the other fans!

Hope that helps and you enjoy your first time experience!

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Yeah, 2-3 hours. Although, tailgating at Qwest is kind of weak. From what I hear, it got even worse because they took a big area (Hawk Heaven) and are using it for staging for digging the viaduct replacement.

Reaction score
I've only been to a few games at Qwest, if you're looking for an easy way to travel and you live outside of seattle I'd say take the sounder train... No traffic, don't have to pay for or try to find parking, and it takes you pretty much right to the stadium... If you're looking for tailgating and things of that nature I have no idea. I think the train runs anywhere from Puyallup to Everett. And the train waits until like 30 minutes after the game is over so you don't have to worry about getting stranded.

CurryFan59

Huddler
Reaction score
If your looking for tailgateing I say head to the North lot of QWEST I belive. Plenty of crazy going on there. Hope this helps.

BlueTsunami45

Huddler
Reaction score
Mehrsam, I used to be a season ticket holder before Qwest field was built and I have two good friends with season tickets now so I've been to alot of games at Qwest. It really depends what you like to do, but for me, I like to get there about 10AM, I drive up from Portland so I park in the Mariners parking a couple blocks away from Qwest (on Edgar Martinez Ave)and walk to the stadium. There's alot of different places to get a beer, you'll see many of them walking around by the stadium. We always get a few beers, then go to a couple of the team shops to check out the gear. We always get these great hot dogs right around noon before we go into the stadium. There's a little hot dog vendor across the street from the entrance into the stadium, but I can't remember the name, their hot dogs are named after the different 'Hawk players and they're great!! The atmosphere is awesome and pure fun. Make sure you take a camera and good pair of binocs.
mehrsam0387 said:
Hey gang. I'm a brand new member and this is my first official topic. I couldn't think of a more appropriate place to ask this question. I've just recently moved to WA and will be attending my 1st Seahawks game on the season opener. In order to get the full on effect, how early should I get to the stadium? My wife has never been to a college or pro game, so I want to give her the full experience with all the festivities. Any info will help both of us! Thanks!

BCheezy59

Huddler
Reaction score
Tailgating is overrated and a pain in the butt. Here's my advice.

Park yer car south of the stadium somewhere. The north is way more clustered. There's a wide road that links our two stadiums. It's closed off on gameday for all the foot traffic. This is where you want to be, it's where all the vendors are, and where all the commotion is. Also where the team shops are. So go to the vendor, get a $3 hot dog or whatever it is, and chow down while you check out all the commotion and such. We have our own drum line (The Blue Thunder), and they are pretty entertaining. They draw a pretty big crowd of people actually. If you get sick of the commotion and go check the team shops. Then around noon head into the stadium. You can walk around to different viewpoints if you like, but it takes forever to get up to the third level. I wouldn't recommend going up and down. So whereever your seats are, I would go to that level. Then just check out the warmups. The warmups are alot more exciting than they sound. And whatever you do, make sure you are in your seat and not doing anything but getting loud at 12:45. I think that's about when they shoot off the cannons and the players come out one by one. I almost like this more than the actual game.

Here's a virtual preview:

n1013198962_30191478_109.jpg

n1013198962_30189081_6620.jpg

n1013198962_30190289_4781.jpg

n1013198962_30189075_9536.jpg

n1013198962_30189092_3809.jpg

n1013198962_30189095_1718.jpg

n1013198962_30202269_4894.jpg

n1013198962_30189096_9895.jpg

OP
M

mehrsam0387

Huddler
Reaction score
Thanks for all the help everybody! So just one more question: If I'm gonna catch warmups, I need to be inside an hour early? Hour and half?

S

Seattlehawk94

About an hour...Hour and a Half is kinda an overkill...Basically at that point you are watching guys doing jumping jacks. If you are there at the 1 hour mark you are watching punts, kicks, routes, tackling dummies, etc...They are off the field about a half an hour before KO so you won't get any interaction if that's what you are thinking..Though if you hang out AFTER the game by where they come out you should get some face time with some of them...

Best ones are the "Prayers" the guys who pray at midfield with some of the opponents. They are usually the most approachable and willing to stop by the railing and give out autographs..

Top Bottom