• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Engram following Harbaugh’s lead

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Mike Sando at ESPN.com had an item on Jim Harbaugh’s coaching roots last week that played directly into comments Bobby Engram made to us about the 49ers’ first-year head coach.
Engram, who holds the Seahawks’ single-season reception record (94 in 2007) and has been voted to the 35th Anniversary team, is starting his coaching career as an offensive assistant on Harbaugh’s staff.
“Jim is just a football junkie,” Engram said. “The thing that I really appreciate is before I signed up here I talked to him on the phone for about half an hour and he basically walked the exact same path that I’m walking now.
“He got done playing, went to Oakland for a few years, went to San Diego and coached there, went to Stanford and now he’s back in the league. That gave me a lot of confidence, just kind of confirming what I was thinking.
“Having him actually go through it, he knows what I’m going through. So I can go talk to him if I have any questions. He’s walked the path, and it’s a good thing.”
Harbaugh played quarterback in the league from 1987-2000 for four teams – the Bears (1987-93), Colts (1994-97), Ravens (1998) and Chargers (1999-2000). He began his coaching career at Western Kentucky as an assistant (1993-2001) before serving as QB coach with the Raiders (2002-03). Then it was on to head-coaching stints at the University of San Diego (2004-06) and Stanford (2007-10).
“Jim has young kids, so he’s also talked about doing a lot of things to incorporate the family as much as he can,” Engram said. “So all of that is good news to me.”
The Seahawks and 49ers are scheduled to open the 2011 season against each other – Sept. 11 in San Francisco. The rematch at Qwest Field is slated for Dec. 24.

b.gif
HKGjByMKQHE

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom