• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

DREAM seahawk draft

Idahawk

Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
bobflipaburger said:
really the only options left are offensive linemen.

Welcome to the dark side :lol:

So exactly which position on the line do we need help ?...We just bought your O-lineman in Willis..seattle went through some shit to bring him back .

can you see us now spending a 4 pick on another OL man ? I can't .

I guess if Jason Smith was there I would say he would be a great PU...he played tight end just a few years back...6"5 and 300 + pounds He could be a weapon at the goaline..no doubt he is the best OL in the draft IMO, I just cant see him getting to us.

Reaction score
I think that Walter Jones is about done. I feel like he slipped a lot last year and although he will start this season, If a replacement is available we would do well to draft him and let him learn from Walt.

Idahawk

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
I think that Walter Jones is about done. I feel like he slipped a lot last year and although he will start this season, If a replacement is available we would do well to draft him and let him learn from Walt.

learn what ? you either have it or you don't...Jones never learned from anyone....you guys and this grooming and learning talk ....its funny....In the words of Brett Farve..." I am there to win games not teach, that is the coaches job "

Locklear has incentives built into his contract for time at LT..he is your insurance policy, should walt retire or gawd forbid go down.....he have spent the money for Walt's replacement already, I don't need five guys to replace walt..you never will....its time to cash in on the money we have already spent..not add more cost and let other positions go

hawks nation

Huddler
Reaction score
This RB draft is prob the weakest that I have seen in many years. I do not see a back that is a good fit for the Seahawks. I would like them to get a OL or a CB

Reaction score
bobflipaburger said:
Not a strong class for CBs either... Vontae Davis and Malcom Jenkins they won't be elite CBs.

maybe they wont be elite, but I would take Jenkins in the second in a heartbeat

Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
bobflipaburger said:
Not a strong class for CBs either... Vontae Davis and Malcom Jenkins they won't be elite CBs.

maybe they wont be elite, but I would take Jenkins in the second in a heartbeat

Me too, but I don't know if he'll fall that far.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I would love to see the Hawks go after Roy Williams and send Deon back to FS where he belongs but that probably will not happen. I would like to see the Hawks draft Josh Freeman out of Kansas State as well. Here is what I think the Hawks are gonna do on draft day:

Round 1: QB Matthew Stafford/OT Eugene Monroe
Round 2: C Max Unger/WR Kenny Britt
Round 3: S Michael Hamlin/OT Troy Prokog
Round 4: DT Terrance Taylor/RB Shonn Greene
Round 6: WR Mike Thomas/CB Brice McCain
Round 7: QB Drew Willy/LS Jake Ingram

I am always more interested in the later rounds of the draft. If the Hawks could get Shonn Greene in the 4th round that would be huge. He has early second round talent but his stock has dropped because of a sub par forty yard dash and that he has small hands. He will end up being a starting RB with some team eventually, why not make it the Seahawks? Also Drew Willy is one of my favorite quarterbacks in this draft. He could end up being a surprise star in the NFL at some point in his career.

Reaction score
I kind of want to want to trade down and get Hakeem Nicks... Hayward-Bey has game changing speed and Maclin seems to be in a more suitable range for us to trade down and get... I know we don't need a receiver, but there's really no players that seem like an obvious match. Maybe Raji to add some depth at DT. Knowshon Moreano might not be a bad pick because JJ can't carry the load by himself, but I don't know if he's worth that pick. Obviously there are quite a few good OL in this class. Orakpo and Curry are really good and I would like to have them, but we have enough LBs and DEs. There are no safeties worth a first round pick and there are only a couple corners and we would have to trade down for both because they aren't worth our pick, besides Jenkins will probably end up being a safety eventually anyways.

It figures this is the year we get a good pick.... Nothing seems to fit.

Reaction score
Roy williams :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
yeah lets go back to the lets get burned deep 4 times a game days :roll:

Reaction score
sigpro said:
I would love to see the Hawks go after Roy Williams and send Deon back to FS where he belongs but that probably will not happen. I would like to see the Hawks draft Josh Freeman out of Kansas State as well. Here is what I think the Hawks are gonna do on draft day:

I am always more interested in the later rounds of the draft. If the Hawks could get Shonn Greene in the 4th round that would be huge. He has early second round talent but his stock has dropped because of a sub par forty yard dash and that he has small hands. He will end up being a starting RB with some team eventually, why not make it the Seahawks? Also Drew Willy is one of my favorite quarterbacks in this draft. He could end up being a surprise star in the NFL at some point in his career.

Matt Stafford......? Really? That pick would make me sick.... seriously. Probably the worst pick we could take considering the money involved. I do see Mornoe. I really want to see us bulk up and get some DB's this year

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
hawkfanadam said:
sigpro said:

Matt Stafford......? Really? That pick would make me sick.... seriously. Probably the worst pick we could take considering the money involved. I do see Mornoe. I really want to see us bulk up and get some DB's this year

That pick would make me sick too, but don't be surprised to see it happend I hear the team is high on him. I don't think he'll make it to pick number four. I would like to see the Hawks get Raji but they think Colin Cole is enough at DT. If Jason Smith is still available at four they should snag him up, I would. I think taking Crabtree still could be a good move. Have T.J., Branch and Crabtree in three receiver sets with Carlson at TE and let Burleson focus on returning kicks and cycling in every now and again we would have a great receiving core with excellent depth(assuming Engram signs somewhere else which I think he will).

Top Bottom