• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

DREAM seahawk draft

bigasdallas

Huddler
Reaction score
Crabtree or Raji respectively slated to be Seahawks number 1 pick.
With the foot injury, the depth at WR in this years draft, and the signing of T.J seems like Crabtree wont be the choice here. Besides. if Branch and Burleson earn their keep, thats a rough 3 receiver set for defenses (TJ, BRANCH, BURLESON)

But is Raji top-5 material?

The offensive line is falling apart and the Raiders are drooling over Crabtree. Trade down? Take Oaklands pick let them get their WR and Seattle nabs the best OT on the board between Smith, Smith, Monroe. Get oaklands 2nd or 3rd rd pick.

To say seattle doesnt need a RB is ridiculous. My favorite player in this draft is Donald Brown, RB CONNECTICUT. All around good player, downhill runner with agility and a stiff arm to match. But will he be there for their first of 2 2nd round picks via my imaginary trade?

The next pick would be the DT pick, Evander Hood, MIZZOU, decent size. not the 330 frame of Raji, but quick and strong. Had one of the top Bench Press reps in the combine for DTs at 34.

The 3rd round pick would need to go to the depleted secondary of the defense. Michael Hamlin out of Clemson is who I like here.

Therefore, my dream draft for Seattle is;

1.7 Eugene Monroe OT Virginia (trade via OAK)
2.5 Donald Brown RB UCONN
2.8 Evander Hood DT MIZZOU (via OAK)
3.4 Michael Hamlin S Clemson

Reaction score
I'd arther take a S in the 2nd. I just don't see any RB worthy this year. Last years RB group were deep and they did nothing. I'd love Monrow at 7 I'm just not sure he would be there. Anyone have the draft pick value chart? What would be the pick we would get for dropping 3 spots?

Reaction score
Well we are pretty interested in long snappers. Bringing a second one in Friday and we've drafted a LS before under Ruskell. So maybe our first pick is a long snapper :) any good ones out therE?

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
I think if Jason Smith is gone when we get to 4, i say make two big trades.

1st, down to 9th with the raiders so they can sign Crabtree & ask for there 3rd round pick.
2nd, down to 22 with Minnesota so they can sign Stafford or Sanchez.
Draft
rd 1 draft - MAX UNGER, OL, OREGON
rd 2 draft - CB Sean Smith, UTAH
rd 2 draft - S William Moore, MISSOURI
rd 3 draft - DE Jarron Gilbert
rd 3 draft - OT xavier Fulton

Reaction score
Nah trade to the 10 spot (swap firsts and we get a 2nd and a 6th) then we take Raji, Vontae Davis, or Orakpo.

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Sorry about that...meant 4th to 22.

Vontae Davis is not worth a 1st round pick, his stock is droping bad. We dont need raji, becauase they think that they have Rocky's replacement.

hawkman2420

Huddler
Reaction score
So might I ask, who is Rocky's replacement? Please tell me your not talking about Cole.

Reaction score
Bryant spent all last season proving that he fucking blows. I hope this makes sense 'cuz I'm fresh home from the bar.

Reaction score
He's a DT, that's not a position you just jump in and you're good at. Bryant is a beast... We need big DTs.

I hop we can trade down... I really don't think there's anyone that will fill a need worth taking with the number 4 pick.. Raji is a stretch, Crabtree is pretty unlikely now that we have Housh, Orakpo would be good, but then we'd probably have to cut Tapp, All of the defensive backs are stretches, Knowsean Moreano is a stretch, I don't want Stafford or Sanchez, really the only options left are offensive linemen.

OP
B

bigasdallas

Huddler
Reaction score
DE/LB is one of the last things they need to draft. not to say we have the best pass rush in the league. People are forgetting about Kerney (or is there something i dont know) and tapp and lawrence jackson can put on the pressure. If Cole and Bryant are starting, regardless seattle will run a rotation at DT until they have 2 big guys to run the 4-3. another reason why Orakpo wouldnt fit for the team is seattle aims to have bigger DLINE and he isnt needed at LB, so he would git better in a 3-4 somewhere.

bottom line is seattle needs to revamp the OLINE and get the DLINE healthy. I believe tapp is 12 sack capable. and if kerney is healthy we know that he is. LJ may be a year or two off from hittin double digit sacks. and i do think that red bryant will be part of a 1-2 punch in the future. he is a big boy and has the strength and athleticism. besides, who better to "replace" rocky than another aggie?

Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
Bryant spent all last season proving that he fucking blows. I hope this makes sense 'cuz I'm fresh home from the bar.
Whoa I was DRUNK. I was thinking of Lo-Jack not Bryant.

Top Bottom