• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Derby Day 2009!

S

Seattlehawk94

It's the 135th running of the Kentucky Derby and for the first time in years I won't be at Emerald to wager on it..M's are that much more important..I do plan to watch though...

With the 3-1 Favorite "I want Revenge" out the new favorite is Friesan Fire now at 9-2 and going up...I don't buy him winning this thing, it's the first time in a while we don't have a "Superhorse" being pumped up to take the Triple Crown (maybe that means someone might, though they'll pump up whoever wins this one and turn him into a "Superhorse", last great one in my mind was Cigar--who choked at the Derby) now I'll make my picks..

Win: Dunkirk (8-1) Edgar S. Prado
Place: Desert Party (24-1) Ramon A. Dominguez
Show: Friesan Fire (9-2) Gabriel Saez

All three are Kentucky bred and Colts (no Fillies today)

Dunkirk has run well and is built for a fast track...If the track is dry he'll be able to keep pace early before he turns on the speed late...With Prado an agressive jockey on the mount I think he's primed to win this thing...Prado is the best jockey running today and experience is what the Derby is all about...

Desert Party is a speedster out of the gate but I don't know if that plays well on a long track at 1.25 Miles long...Don't think he has the finisher type attitude. Dominguez is a good jockey but is known to choke in big races..

Friesan Fire is the favorite without "Revenge" and getting heavy play in Vegas and OffTrack...Don't know if Saez can handle the pressure of riding the overall favorite, will he turn him loose or run conservative and hope to be there at the end?

We shall see....

Good Luck and Happy Betting! I'm going to order a mint julip as soon as I get to FX before the M's game and kick back for the race which is set to run at 3:24 PDT......

One thing is for certain...It's a great sports day! Rainiers/M's vs Oaks/A's, Canucks in Game 2, and the Derby as well as plenty of other options! Enjoy....It's days like this I thank God the iPhone was invented, I can go to the ballpark and not miss a thing!

Top Bottom