• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

De'Andre Hopkins

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Would have been my pick in the first round, if we didnt trade it away for P@#$y Harvin.
Anyways, he's having a pretty good season so far... would have saved us alot of $$$. And would be on the field.

Just saying.... Not that it wavers my undieing belief "in Pete and John we trust".

Reaction score
Would have been my pick in the first round, if we didnt trade it away for P@#$y Harvin.
Anyways, he's having a pretty good season so far... would have saved us alot of $$$. And would be on the field.

Just saying.... Not that it wavers my undieing belief "in Pete and John we trust".
Yeah but once Harvin comes back it'll be worth it.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
Maybe once he's back, Wilson will remember how to play QB in the league.

Projected stats this year: 3540 passing yards, 33 TDs, 11 picks, 64.4%, 288 rushing yards, 109.6 rating
Stats last year: 3118 passing yards, 26 TDs, 10 picks, 64.1%, 489 rushing yards, 4 TDs, 100.0 rating

In case you weren't joking, I'll have to ask how that translates to him forgetting how to play QB? Granted he's probably taken a slight dip from how well he was playing at the end of last season but overall it's been better. He's clearly miles above where he was at at the beginning of last season.
The numbers hint at throwing more and running less so far this year but 350 of those 489 yards happened the 2nd half of the season and all 4 rushing TDs after week 12. He's actually running about the same through the first 3 games of this season as he was at the start of last season.

OP
szat

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Projected stats this year: 3540 passing yards, 33 TDs, 11 picks, 64.4%, 288 rushing yards, 109.6 rating
Stats last year: 3118 passing yards, 26 TDs, 10 picks, 64.1%, 489 rushing yards, 4 TDs, 100.0 rating

I will take either Robot model.

I think RW kind of takes a while to warm up, I think we will see him continue to improve week to week, just because of incredible work ethic he will get to mid season form before most other QB's. Just a hunch, and my hope.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
I think RW kind of takes a while to warm up, I think we will see him continue to improve week to week, just because of incredible work ethic he will get to mid season form before most other QB's. Just a hunch, and my hope.
That's kinda what I'm hoping as well. Since he's playing better than he was at the start of last season but probably not better than the end of last season, I'm hoping it's a case of 2 steps forward, 1 step back and 2 steps forward again. He has been a little off target throwing the ball at times, especially at the start of games but the warmup process you mentioned is under way.

Reaction score

In case you weren't joking, I'll have to ask how that translates to him forgetting how to play QB? Granted he's probably taken a slight dip from how well he was playing at the end of last season but overall it's been better. He's clearly miles above where he was at at the beginning of last season.
The numbers hint at throwing more and running less so far this year but 350 of those 489 yards happened the 2nd half of the season and all 4 rushing TDs after week 12. He's actually running about the same through the first 3 games of this season as he was at the start of last season.

I was mostly joking. But I think we can all admit we expected Wilson to play better this season. He had a great game against Jacksonville, but he didn't look as sharp in weeks 1 and 2. He was 1-5 in Carolina before he settled down, and 0-9 vs SF.
I think most of the blame falls on the oline and play calling.
I expect him to return to his pro-bowl form sooner than later. I do think he's being a little careless with the ball. The pick he threw vs JAX was out of character. Granted the offensive lineman got blown up and there was pressure in his face, but he had an opportunity to throw it away and he tried to force it in. Normally I wouldn't get too excited, but when you're throwing picks out of your own endzone, it gets my blood pressure just a bit high.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score

I notice you didn't project:
350% increase in fumbles - 0.7 fumbles per game vs. 0.2 in 2012
30% increase in sacks - 2.6 sacks per game vs. 2.0 in 2012
14% decrease QBR rating - 61.9 vs. 71.7 in 2012

My bitch still stands, why the hell is he dropping back? He is an awesome mobile QB.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
He was 1-5 in Carolina before he settled down, and 0-9 vs SF.

That's the part that has me the most concerned. For whatever reason he's been misfiring quite a few times, especially early in games. Overthrowing, underthrowing, throwing behind guys, you name it. I might have mentioned it before but even the long throw to Baldwin that went 55 yards or whatever was a bit underthrown, it forced Baldwin to adjust back to the ball and might have kept him from taking it all the way to the house. Granted, he was rolling to his left and had to throw across his body but I think he normally has enough arm strength to get it on target and in stride on that one.

It's probably a combination of stuff and some of it is on Wilson himself. The pass protection might be throwing him off a bit and there's some timing issues, he's probably at times not reading the pressure as well as he's done in the past. And he has thrown into coverage.

He set such a high bar last year on precision and efficiency though that I'm not sure if people can always expect that from him or if he was just in some kind of zone that wasn't permanent. He played almost mistake-free from about week 12 through the end.

TheBandwagon

Huddler
Reaction score
My bitch still stands, why the hell is he dropping back? He is an awesome mobile QB.

About those fumbles, do you remember roughly when those happened? I'd like to go back and see those plays again.
As far as being an awesome mobile QB, I don't dispute that. I'm guessing he's probably going to be doing that a lot more in the next game to compensate for the onslaught he's going to be facing against Houston's pass rush.

sprhawk

Huddler
Reaction score
Let's hope he does. He's tough for a QB but all it takes is one good blindside. I rather he wasn't standing in harms way.

Top Bottom