• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Wednesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Nov. 2:
Danny O’Neil of the Seattle Times looks at how Pete Carroll is handling his team being 2-5, which is unfamiliar territory for the Seahawks’ second-year coach. Offers O’Neil: “Carroll has never had a losing record after seven games as an NFL head coach. No team of his has been 2-5 since 2001, his first season at USC. And this time there’s no Las Vegas Bowl to shoot for. As Carroll gave his status report after Sunday’s game, he offered a most comprehensive summary on Seattle’s present difficulties (which are significant), his optimism for the team’s future (which is unrelenting) and a timeline for improvement (totally uncertain). ‘I can only think of what we can become,’ he continued. ‘I look at our guys and I see a much better group than how we’re performing right now. I’m not going to step back until we see it. It’s going to take us a little while.’ ”
John Boyle at the Everett Herald looks at the same topic. Says Boyle: “The real measure of their success will come in the next couple seasons when we find out if this rebuilding project will yield results. For now, success will be measured in how this team responds to a bad start, and how Carroll handles a season in which the postseason is not a realistic goal.”
Eric Williams at the News Tribune looks at a Seahawks defense that has allowed only two second-half touchdowns this season. Says Carroll of the defensive effort against the Bengals on Sunday: “The guys played very physically. They got after it on the running game. … It wasn’t perfect, but it was enough to put us in a position to win.”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com has his weekly “NFC West Stock Watch,” and Carroll and QB Charlie Whitehurst are included among the “fallers.” Says Sando: “Carroll’s patience with Whitehurst finally ran out against the Bengals. Whitehurst is likely finished in Seattle unless an injury forces him into the lineup and he suddenly performs at a high level for an extended stretch. The team needed to find out about Whitehurst this season. Carroll made it clear he’s seen enough when he benched Whitehurst after only seven pass attempts Sunday. Whitehurst took two sacks during his brief time on the field. He appeared unsettled by the rush and unsure what to do.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we have our weekly behind-the-scenes look at game day with Ben Malcolmson’s “From the Sidelines” and Rod Mar’s photo blog. Says Malcolmson: “Behind lack of execution, penalties, a low-powered offense and controversial in-game decisions, the Seahawks fell to 2-5 after Sunday’s setback against the Bengals. Carroll took all the blame for the latest defeat and the team’s second straight loss, but he did not take all the responsibility from here on out. ‘We’re so much better than that,’ Carroll told the players. ‘I’m calling on you to do what you’re capable of. We’ve got what it takes. We’ve got to get right and I need you to do your part.’ ”
We’ve also got a look at defensive end Chris Clemons, who is having a Pro Bowl-caliber season. Fellow end Red Bryant on Clemons: “Clem is underrated. But that’s what he fuels off of. But those of us in this locker room, we hold him in high regard and we know what he brings to the table. He’s non-stop, relentless, mean, tough.”
There’s also the daily report from “Hawkville,” as well as an “up next” look at this week’s opponent – the Dallas Cowboys. And then there’s “A tale of two Jakes.”
Mike Freeman at CBSSports.com examines the two sides of Ryan Leaf, the former NFL and Washington State QB. Says Freeman, and Leaf: “This is Ryan Leaf. No, not that one. Not the horse’s (rear end). Not the selfish one. Not the painkiller addict who needed rehab. Not the guy arrested for burglary. Not the bully. Not the “knock it off” guy. This, this is him. ‘I let myself get caught up in all of the trappings of being an NFL quarterback,’ he said in a phone interview. ‘I became a bad guy. When it was Peyton (Manning) picked first and then me, it was presented as ‘Peyton was the good guy and I was the black sheep,’ and I went with it. What happened to my career and my life was no one else’s fault but mine. When you’re an NFL quarterback, you think the world revolves around you. Everyone tells you how great you are. Some guys handle it well and some guys don’t. I didn’t handle it well.”

b.gif
1pC0Zvamcu0

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom