• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Wednesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, June 1:
Think Russell Okung has the potential to someday be a Top 10 non-QB offensive player in the league? Then put your vote where your opinion is in this poll offered by ESPN.com’s Mike Sando. Cardinals wide receiver Larry Fitzgerald already is there. But who might join him? Okung? 49ers wide-out Michael Crabtree? Cardinals running back Ryan Williams? Rams tight end Lance Kendricks? Sando is allowing you to make the call.
Pat Kirwan of NFL.com ranks the Seahawks’ Marshawn Lynch at No. 19 and backup Justin Forsett at No. 36 among NFL running backs. Kirwan on Lynch: “Just look at the epic run he had in the playoffs last year and ask yourself how many players could duplicate that effort.” If nothing else, this is an excuse to watch Lynch’s earth-shaking effort one more time. Kirwan on Forsett: “A situational player who is shifty. Coaches tell me is underrated.” But then we already knew that.
Steve Wyche of NFL.com examines the role of “nursemaid” for veteran quarterbacks with the latest group of rookies waiting to enter the league. Wonders Wyche: “For argument’s sake, though, what if (Donovan) McNabb, (Matt) Hasselbeck, (Jake) Delhomme, (Kerry) Collins, (Marc) Bulger – all quarterbacks in their twilight – decided they’d lost their passion and it was time to check out. Or, maybe the lockout takes away part or all of the 2011 season, letting rust accumulate on their aging bodies and giving them pause to realize how nice the time on the golf course feels as opposed to running gassers or getting blindsided by James Harrison.”
Something called Arrowhead Pride takes a look at Jim Zorn’s coaching career, as the Seahawks’ original QB is now coaching the position with the Chiefs. Offers the author: “Jim Zorn is considered, in many circles, to be a phenomenal QB coach. A lot of people that know a lot more than I do have credited him with the development of Matt Hasselbeck.”
Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times checks in with former Washington Huskies Nate Williams and Victor Aiyewa, who weren’t selected in the April NFL Draft and remain in limbo because of the lockout. Said Aiyewa: “It’s pretty tough. It’s kind of hard to understand and anticipate when it’s going to end. But I think for me, the most important part is to stay in shape.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we continue our series of articles examining the team’s first 35 seasons with a look at 1996 – when the season was overshadowed by the events of the offseason.

b.gif
6WAlQMQHmzE

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom