• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Tuesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Dec. 13:
Jerry Brewer at the Seattle Times looks at Doug Baldwin, who did a little of this, a lot of that and just about everything in the Seahawks’ 30-13 victory over the St. Louis Rams on Monday night: “His underdog tale continues to get better. He has evolved from undrafted free agent to rookie surprise to flat-out impact player. It’s not a shock when Baldwin does great things anymore. He is, in the absence of Sidney Rice, the Seahawks’ best wide receiver. He is, without a doubt, an essential part of the Seahawks’ present and future.”
Steve Kelley at the Times focuses on just how attractive this somewhat ugly victory was to a team that started 2-6 but not has won four of its past five: “They weren’t pretty and well-oiled and precise like you see from the Green Bay Packers almost every quarter, almost every Sunday. But they were good enough, like they have been most of this second half of the season. Take away the lost final 12 or so minutes of the sloppy loss to Washington last month and the Hawks would be winners of five in a row and in a position to run the table and sneak into a wild-card playoff spot. So go ahead and call this win ugly if you want, but the truth is, it was football hot, all punches in the mouth and smacks upside the helmet.”
Danny O’Neil at the Times looks at how the Seahawks tried the unexpected in achieving the expected, a win over the now 2-11 Rams: “The Seahawks started the game by running a reverse on the opening kickoff, Leon Washington handing the ball to Doug Baldwin. They attempted two halfback-option passes. But that was as fancy as Seattle got in its return to “Monday Night Football.” There was no razzle and very little dazzle to its 30-13 victory over the St. Louis Rams at CenturyLink Field. The Seahawks’ victory was simple, straightforward and unrelenting. Kind of like Lynch’s 16-yard touchdown run to close out the game in the fourth quarter.”
Eric Williams at the News Tribune looks at how the Seahawks kept the good times rolling in their return to “Monday Night Football”: “The Seahawks now have won five straight Monday night games, pushing their record to 17-8 in the nationally televised contests for a 68 percent winning percentage, best in league history. ‘Shining on prime time when the whole world can see you – that’s a big tribute to the team and all the hard work we’ve put into it, and it paid off tonight,’ Seattle linebacker David Hawthorne said. ‘I felt like we came out and did what we needed to do to win.’ ”
Dave Boling at the News Tribune sees the victory as a building block for the young Seahawks: “So you beat the Rams. Big deal, right? Everybody does that. And a berth in the post-season still feels a little like a mathematical mirage. So maybe the real meaning of the 30-13 defeat of visiting St. Louis at CenturyLink Field on Monday night was that the Seahawks continued to accomplish what they needed most this season: Show improvement.”
Rick Myhre at the Everett Herald also has nothing but good things to say about Baldwin, and so does coach Pete Carroll: “ ‘What a great night for the kid. He just continues to answer the call. You give him chances, you give him opportunities and he does stuff. Every chance you give him he does something, He’s just such a battler. He’s a great competitor and he’s got a chip on his shoulder that just drives him to be a tough guy and a playmaker. … He’s a terrific competitor and we’re just thrilled about it.’ “
Also at the Herald, Scott Johnson continues his “The Game of my Life” series with a timely look at Cortez Kennedy, who raised the 12th Man Flag before kickoff: “Cortez Kennedy spent most of his playing career as a dichotomy. Big, strong and quick as a whip on the field, he was often docile and relaxed off it. Mean and nasty between the trenches, Kennedy was more of a softy when the pads came off. MicOn the field, Kennedy was known for a quick first step that often put him in the opponents’ backfield at about the time the ball was exchanged from center to quarterback. Off the field, Kennedy was known more for his infectious laugh — a wheezing, guttural, heh-heh-heh chuckle that often included a stuck-out tongue.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we look at how all phases had a hand in the win over the Rams, starting with the special teams: “It was a special night, as Marshawn Lynch continued to pound, slam and grind his way into the record books. But before the Seahawks’ Skittles-back took over, Doug Baldwin’s special efforts almost stole the show. From Baldwin’s 37-yard return off a reverse on the opening kickoff, to his blocked punt that was returned by Michael Robinson for a touchdown, to Lynch’s 16-yard TD run that slapped an exclamation point on the evening, the still-surging Seahawks upped their record to 6-7 with a 30-13 victory over the St. Louis Rams in the first “Monday Night Football” game in Seattle since 2007.”
We’ve also got a look Lynch’s Skittles deal, and a closer look at Baldwin, Robinson and that blocked punt in our “Game at a Glance”: “ ‘I thought I was going to rough the punter, so I was starting to pull back and Doug just came out of nowhere. He blocked it with his waist,” Robinson said. ‘I couldn’t find the ball fast enough; because I knew it was six.’ And the first “six” of Robinson’s six-season NFL career on special teams. ‘And I love playing special teams,’ he said. ‘It’s what helped me make a mark in this league. I’m glad we did it this way tonight.’ ”
There’s also Tony Ventrella’s video recap, as well as a photo gallery.

b.gif
7c0kxDTd8gg

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom