• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Cyber surfing: Tuesday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Sept. 13:
Mike Sando at ESPN.com offers some silver linings from Sunday’s loss to the 49ers in the opener. Says Sando: “Offseason additions to the defensive line appeared to play well. Alan Branch had a strong game as part of the Seahawks’ stout run defense. Anthony Hargrove, signed only Saturday, impressed with a tackle for loss. Branch, Hargrove, Brandon Mebane and Red Bryant gave the Seahawks a strong wall against the run, holding Frank Gore to 2.7 yards per carry.” Coach Pete Carroll echoed those thoughts in his news conference on Monday.
Jerry Brewer at the Seattle Times writes the Seahawks’ growing pains could continue. Says Brewer: “In a lockout-shortened preseason, the Seahawks had two choices: Be conservative about change and delay the rebuilding for a year. Or carry on with their plan to get younger, more athletic and more explosive, and deal with the immediate consequences of changing so much with so little preparation time. They chose to stay committed to their plan.”
Dave Boling at the News Tribune says that the Pittsburgh Steelers – the Seahawks’ opponent this Sunday – could be extra motivated after losing their opener to the Ravens 35-7. Writes Boling: “Of greater likelihood, when the Seahawks take the field in Pittsburgh on Sunday, is the possibility that the Steelers are as fired up as if it truly were a Super Bowl matchup rather than an early season meeting between a pair of 0-1 clubs. The Baltimore Ravens did the Seahawks no favors this past Sunday, abusing the rival Steelers 35-7, forcing seven turnovers and rushing for 170 yards.”
Also at the News Tribune, Eric Williams has the latest on the Seahawks’ latest injuries. Says Williams: “Both (Michael) Robinson and (Byron) Maxwell are special teams players, and with that unit’s failures against San Francisco, Carroll said it will be important for his young players to improve this week in preparation for Sunday’s game at Pittsburgh.”
Christian Caple at PI.com has more on the injuries situation. Says Caple: “The Seahawks are in wait-and-see mode when it comes to their current injury situation.”
Scott Johnson of the Everett Herald continues his “The Game of My Life” series with Shaun Alexander, who has a lot from which to choose. Offers Alexander: “I had gotten knocked out for the first time in my life the game before, and I only had three days to recover before the first practice. I didn’t practice, and the coaches told me: ‘We’re going to plan on you playing, but we won’t know until Sunday.’ I felt like if I had a good game, we were going to be playing in the biggest game of the year, so I really wanted to be out there. There were a lot of things that made that game against the Panthers special. It was so big, yet there was so much of an unknown about whether I was going to play.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we look at the play of safeties Earl Thomas and Kam Chancellor in our “Monday Metatarsal Musings”: “Their paths have crossed in the Seahawks’ secondary, and Sunday they were on a collision course with any 49er who had his hands on the ball during the Seahawks’ 33-17 loss at Candlestick Park. Chancellor made a game-high nine tackles, all solo stops. Thomas was next with eight, including six solos.”
We also have a look at the improvement by the offense in the second half of Sunday’s opener, as well as a recap of Monday’s activities in words and video.

b.gif
w-QLG3tug_I

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom