• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Saturday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Nov. 5:
Danny O’Neil at the Seattle Times looks at Mike Williams, who is expected to return to the lineup at split end in Sunday’s game against the Cowboys after sitting out last week. Offers O’Neil: “Seattle signed Sidney Rice as a free agent with the belief he could be the team’s No. 1 receiving option. He has finished with more than 100 yards receiving in two of the five games he has played. Williams – who has missed two of the past three games because of injuries – was supposed to be the other side of that equation. He has nine catches in the five games he has played at a position with as much competition as any on the roster. Ben Obomanu started in Williams’ place last week, and he caught four passes for 107 yards.”
Eric Williams of the News Tribune catches up with Jon Kitna, the former Seahawks, Central Washington University and Lincoln High School QB, who is the backup to Tony Romo in Dallas and in his 15th NFL season. Says Williams, and Kitna: “Kitna’s in the final year of his contract with the Cowboys and doesn’t know what his plans are beyond this season. ‘The way I’m looking at it is, whenever I’m done here and my contract is up we’ll see what the Lord has in store with me and my family,’ Kitna said. ‘We’re good either way. If God presents us with another opportunity, we’re good with it. But we’re excited about the next phase of our life, too.’ Kitna’s wife, Jennifer, and the rest of family stayed locally in a home the family finished building in the Lakewood area in January. It’s the first time in his 15-year career that he’s lived apart from his family during the season, although they still see each other every couple of weeks.”
Mike Sando at ESPN.com has the “Final Word” on the NFC West heading into Week 9, including this nugget of an item on Marshawn Lynch: “Getting the ground game going stands as a top priority for the Seahawks over the final nine games of the season. The team expects to have its projected offensive line starting for the second week in a row after not playing together since Week 1. Marshawn Lynch hasn’t found much running room, but he does have a rushing touchdown in three consecutive games. He’s looking to become the first Seattle runner since Shaun Alexander in 2005 to score one in four consecutive games. The Cowboys allowed 239 yards rushing to Philadelphia last week after entering the game allowing a league-low 69.7 yards per game.”
Here at Seahawks.com, we take a look at the phenomenon that is “Friday Night Lights” through the Seahawks who played their high school football in Texas. Says middle linebacker David Hawthorne: “ ‘Friday Night Lights’ is real out there. We think we play football better than anybody else.’ ”
We’ve also got a look at Friday’s practice in words and video, including the latest on QB Tarvaris Jackson’s status for the game.
For a look at the rest of the league, there’s Clark Judge’s “Peek at the Week” at CBSSports.com; John Clayton’s “First and 10” at ESPN.com; and Peter King’s “Game Plan” at SI.com.

b.gif
kmhQPhl3Ysc

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom