• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Seahawks Cyber surfing: Friday

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
Good morning. Here’s what’s “out there” about the Seahawks for today, Nov. 4:

Eric Williams at the News Tribune looks at the relationship between coach Pete Carroll and QB Tarvaris Jackson. Says Williams: “Pete Carroll has done his best to provide support for quarterback Tarvaris Jackson, including a major confidence boost by anointing him the starter before he even took a practice snap with his new team. So it’s no surprise that when asked if Jackson could be Seattle’s quarterback of the future, the Seahawks coach agreed. ‘I’m looking at it that way, yeah,’ Carroll said. ‘I think I’m probably more appreciative than (reporters) at this time because we haven’t won enough games to make you excited about it. But I’m seeing the things that he’s able to do that gives us a chance to run an offense like we like to run it and he’s added to what we thought we could do by growing with him and learning about it.’
Percy Allen of the Seattle Times looks at Jackson looking at himself. Says Allen, and Jackson: “Despite twice throwing for career highs in yardage, Tarvaris Jackson considers his short stint in Seattle so far a failure. ‘We’re a 2-5 team, and a quarterback’s (job) is to help the team win as much as possible,’ he said. ‘We’ve still got a lot of work to do, but 2-5 is failing. So I guess I got an F right now.’ “

John Boyle of the Everett Herald looks at the other QB in Sunday’s game: Tony Romo. Says Boyle: “The Cowboys are hoping to get right starting this weekend. To do so, they’ll need the good Tony Romo to show up, because, while every team’s fate is determined in part by quarterback play, few teams experience ups and downs at that position more than Dallas. When Romo’s on his game, he can look like one of the elite quarterbacks in the game. When he’s off, boy can it get ugly in a hurry.”

Mike Sando at ESPN.com takes stock of the rookies in the NFC West, including this item: “Mid-round linebackers ascending. Seattle’s K.J. Wright and Arizona’s Sam Acho are dissimilar as linebackers. Wright plays the middle after entering the draft as a strongside type. Acho is converting from college defensive end to 3-4 outside linebacker. There are similarities as well. Both have replaced big names in their starting lineups. Wright replaced Aaron Curry. Acho replaced Joey Porter. Both players have impressed their teams with their smarts. Acho has one sack in each of the Cardinals’ last two games.”

Here at Seahawks.com, we take a look at the entire rookie class, as the Seahawks are starting as many rookies as any team in the league: “The Seahawks are starting their rookies by design, as James Carpenter and John Moffitt were acquired with their first two draft picks in the April NFL Draft to comprise the right side of a very-young line. They’re also starting a rookie by necessity, as Richard Sherman is the third option on the left side after Marcus Trufant and Walter Thurmond went down with season-ending injuries. K.J. Wright, meanwhile, is starting because they just couldn’t keep the fourth-round draft choice off the field. His emergence also allowed the club to trade linebacker Aaron Curry to the Oakland Raiders for a pair of draft choices that could turn into other eventual starters.”

There also are recaps of Thursday’s practice in words and video, as well as Tony Ventrella’s weekly “Seahawks Insider” that this week features running back Justin Forsett.
As for the rest of the league, Dan Banks at SI.com has his midseason look, including this observation on Romo: “Nobody had a first month of the season like Dallas quarterback Tony Romo, who single-handedly was the reason the Cowboys won dramatically in Weeks 2 and 3 of the season, at San Francisco and home against Washington, and lost dramatically in Weeks 1 and 4, at the Jets and home against Detroit. Romo is a difference maker all right. But the pendulum swings are doozies.”

b.gif
jTKblQGv1y4

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom