• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Curry Getting Demoted

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Wow, and I thought he was playing better this year. Is KJ really that promising? I know Curry dropped the easy pick, but I dont think he should be penalized,at least he was in the right spot, and made a great move to the ball. LB's arent know for the hands, Obo dropped an sure catch for christs sake. Whatever, we'll see how it turns out this sunday.

Reaction score
4th overall pick beat out by a 4th round pick!! LOL

I like the move. Not only has Curry not lived up to his billing, but he hasn't lived up to being a decent LB. They need to really work on converting him to DE. He's got the size and motor, just needs to work on his pass rushing skills.

I think KJ will do good. I've been seeing a lot of Matt McCoy.. whats up with that? He has shown some flashes. He is undersized but seems to have a nose for the ball. I like this young LB core. Glad Hill has finally recovered. Maybe he just needed a 2 year vacation to get back to 2005 form... who knows.

Idahawk

Reaction score
Tied for 3rd in tackles on the team and benched , very interesting .
I think Curry was playing better as this was looming over his head all along. He got beat out of his job and it may be the best thing for the kid . He can come in as part of the rotation and get a chance to watch and learn without the pressure of starting.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I really like Curry's motor, maybe sit him a couple downs, then send him in on blitz packages, at end like you say.

OP
Fenom
Reaction score
Curry already had his contract restructured and if the Seahawks wanted to cut him after this season, they wouldn't owe him anything.

Reaction score
Lets see how this goes... I thought curry was finally stepping it up....... Maybe they are really trying to sink the ship hahaha

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
They tried the DE thing. Failed.

He was terrible in the Stealers game. Always getting blocked by a tiny running back, always "in the area" but never making plays. Pretty sure Miller was his guy on the play when Brock took out Roethlisberger's knee.

He is a bust. Pure and simple. He is all raw talent, but does not have the instincts or apparently the intellectual capacity to succeed at the pro-level.

The worst part is, while I want to, I cannot hang this on Ruskell. Anyone else would have drafted Curry in that spot based on what was known at the time as well.

This is another unfortunate reason we in the position we are and why PC and JS has to completely blow the whole thing up. Hopefully they can get some of the pieces right...

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
I think anyone watching the draft that day thought Curry 'falling' to the hawks, picking him was a no brainer.

Top Bottom