• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Clayton Reports - Housh to Seattle: Official?

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
100+ receptions a year, never done in Seattle.

Housh, Branch, Burleson & trade for Braylon Edwards

Draft a big OT

Wow!!!!!!!!

Idahawk

Reaction score
5 years, 40 million dollars, 15 mil guaranteed it looks like its a done deal

CHAMPIONSHIP

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Reaction score
Great, we get to overpay for a soon to be 32 year old possession receiver who got 9.7 yards per catch and 4 TDs last year...

At least everyone here who was throwing a hissy fit about the Seahawks never signing big name free agents can finally stop with the overdramatic posts.

Reaction score
This guy is a good WR. Last year was an off year. The Bengals had a crappy Quarterback and didn't even score a TD for like 4 or 5 games on offense at the end of the season.

$15 million guaranteed isn't that much when you look at what you are getting. We can cut him after this season or even the next and it won't hurt us that much.

Idahawk

Reaction score
seahawkscott19 said:
Great, we get to overpay for a soon to be 32 year old possession receiver who got 9.7 yards per catch and 4 TDs last year...

At least everyone here who was throwing a hissy fit about the Seahawks never signing big name free agents can finally stop with the overdramatic posts.

And now the crybaby we overpaid crowd can take over :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
Housh, the Seahawks version of a Griffey sign, big name, big deal, but won't do shit! Dudes old and if he can't catch passes from Palmer how is he going to catch passes from Hasselbeck? I'd still pick up a FA DT and have Crabtree.

Hope I'm wrong though...cuz of course I want this to work out, just don't see it happening the way he hope it will :?

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
I disagree that he will not do anything. Same with Griffey. I think Housh will do more than Griffey, but Griffey already has done a ton outside of the stats column. Just because it is not tangible, does not mean it is worthless.

Reaction score
Hawk096 said:
Now I think we might work the phones and see who wants our 1st round pick.
I still think we can find use with that pick. We can always use a DT, OT, LB, CB and even a DE (Kerney is getting old and Jackson doesn't seem like he will be that impact player he was suppose to be).

I'll call it right now....Seahawks vs. Chargers in the Super Bowl.

Reaction score
WTF? If Griffey only plays half the games he will hit more HR than the other 3 OF'rs combined. How does that not help?
Housurmama can catch the ball THAT is a huge plus

I really hope they get a OT even if they trade down (no more than 5 spots) and get him or if they think the DT is the guy get him. There is no WR, RB, or QB in the 1st round that I would want.

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
SeahawkWag said:
WTF? If Griffey only plays half the games he will hit more HR than the other 3 OF'rs combined. How does that not help?
Housurmama can catch the ball THAT is a huge plus
Who cares if he's hitting more homeruns then the whole outfield combined, if it's not winning games then it's all for nothing. I'm all about winning games and winning Championships, they bottom line is that nor Griffey or Housh is going to be that HUGE impact we need to win more games. There were better players out there (MLB &NFL) that could have made a bigger impact and helped to win more games.

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
Didn't say there were better WR out there but I was content with Branch, Burleson and then the third whoever that would be. I just think that players like, Brian Dawkins, Ray Lewis, Albert Haynesworth, or Matt Birk would have made a bigger impact. WR wasn't a huge concern, espessialy with the fact that we could draft a Pro Bowler WR. Just my opinion. Like i said in my original post though, I hope i'm wrong, i want this to work out, just don't see it working as well as we hope

Reaction score
WTF! 90 plus receptions a season for the last three years not enough for you? Can't catch the ball? Might be one of the best slot receivers playing today. 12Manz I'm now convinced that you are composed of 90 percent wet blanket and 10 air (contained in the head area).

Reaction score
P.S. about this Griffey nonsense the mariners wont win at all for the next at least season period, so why not get Jr? They could sign F-ing Manny and not win. Get it out of your head that they might be able to win. They suck end of story. At least now I'll have a reason to watch them suck. Goddamn base ball clogging up a football site anyway.

12thManzAlive

Huddler
Reaction score
vanillathrilla said:
WTF! 90 plus receptions a season for the last three years not enough for you? Can't catch the ball? Might be one of the best slot receivers playing today. 12Manz I'm now convinced that you are composed of 90 percent wet blanket and 10 air (contained in the head area).
HAHAHA, ok so 90 plus receptions for the last three seasons...thats good yeah, but he has only had two both 9 TD season and the rest are far below, and his recveing average is only 11.4 yards which is lower than our core recievers that we have now. And garenteed he won't get anywhere near 90 receptions playing for the Seahawks. However I do agree that he's posted up big numbers over the last three years but I still think we should have gone after players where our postions are hurting more. But whatever makes you feel better cum mouth...i mean vanillathrilla.... :|

Reaction score
Yeah, good call positions where we are hurting more. Positions where people like Billy McMullen didn't get an opportunity to play, and Koren Robinson got another chance to prove he sucks. Who would you have rather gotten in free agency? Haynesworth? I wanted him to be a Hawk, but at 100 mil? That's just retarded. I think our D backfield is our worst area, but you have to look at whats available, and this was a good player to get based on needs and availability.

Top Bottom