• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Clausen or Bradford?

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
I do like Spiller, I just don't think he's the next Marshall Faulk like all of you do. And we already have Force who basically does the same stuff as Spiller.

Reaction score
All I'm saying is you think "Okung is the next Joe Thomas," you think "Clausen is the next Phillip Rivers," you think "Bradford is the next Eli Manning" and you think "CJ Spiller is the Reggie Bush" and I don't think anyone else thinks that's accurate.

"And we already have Force who basically does the same stuff as Spiller." this made me laugh. Forsett is 5'8" Spiller is more of your prototypical running back at 5'11. Plus he's MUCH faster then Forsett. The only comparison I'll make between spiller and bush is that he's got Reggie Bush type speed and he's got good hands as well, but Spiller will actually take a hit and fight for extra yards unlike Bush. He's got the tools to be good running between the tackles, he sets up his blocks well and is patient, he just needs to resist the temptation to bounce the play outside. I just don't see Reggie Bush when I see him run.

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm not saying that Spiller will be as big of a bust as Bush is. I just think they look very similar as players. They're both fast players who are mediocre inside runners but can take it the distance at any time. Neither one can pick up a blitz to save their life, which means they can be no more than 2 down players in most offenses, since most teams use their running backs to block on passing downs. You are right in that Spiller can take hits too, but his small frame won't last long taking on Patrick Willis and James Laurinaitis twice a year in our division. I do think he'll be a good player. I just don't see him being all that you people are making him out to be.

And comparing Bradford to one of the biggest quarterback busts ever isn't really a compliment.

Reaction score
12th McLovin;45008 said:
I'm not saying that Spiller will be as big of a bust as Bush is. I just think they look very similar as players. They're both fast players who are mediocre inside runners but can take it the distance at any time. Neither one can pick up a blitz to save their life, which means they can be no more than 2 down players in most offenses, since most teams use their running backs to block on passing downs. You are right in that Spiller can take hits too, but his small frame won't last long taking on Patrick Willis and James Laurinaitis twice a year in our division. I do think he'll be a good player. I just don't see him being all that you people are making him out to be.

And comparing Bradford to one of the biggest quarterback busts ever isn't really a compliment.

Spiller isn't as bad as Bush in pass pro, he's not great by any means but better than Bush. Small frame? He's bigger than both of our current running backs. He's a little lighter, but he's young so he'll bulk up.

I wouldn't consider Eli a bust, he's just an average NFL QB. He'd be a bust if he wasn't good enough to be a starter. He is, he's just not a stud.

S

Seattlehawk94

Who compares Spiller to Bush besides you?

Most people are comparing him to Chris Johnson due to his world class gamespeed, hit taking, cuts, and pass catching...Haven't seen one "expert" refer to him as "Bush".

Reaction score
Seattlehawk94;45013 said:
Who compares Spiller to Bush besides you?

Most people are comparing him to Chris Johnson due to his world class gamespeed, hit taking, cuts, and pass catching...Haven't seen one "expert" refer to him as "Bush".

walterfootball does, but I don't take much of what they say seriously.

S

Seattlehawk94

12th McLovin;45019 said:
Maybe that's because I'm not an "expert."

Didn't think so....;)

There are no "experts"....E!SPN's "experts" are washedups or neverwases...(are those even words? lol)...Or guys with hair that looks like it was spackled on at the Home Deport (COUGH--KIPER---COUGH)...Most get it wrong 110% of the time..

Sick of everyone being an "football expert"...If you can't tell..

walterfootball

WHO? If that doesn't say anything about them I dunno what would...

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Clausen or Bradford eh?....
Tony Pike and all 6'5 of him says "whats up?"....
Take him at 40 or even later...

I'm definitely with the notion that QB is not a position we should be drafting high...

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
phaZe;45399 said:

I was merely indicating that no one has even mentioned Tony Pike, he'd be a great value pick in the later rounds and his size and underrated mobility is promising. He's also shown toughness after returning from his injuries mid season and continuing to perform.

Just an idea, that's all.

Reaction score
Walddo;45401 said:
I was merely indicating that no one has even mentioned Tony Pike, he'd be a great value pick in the later rounds and his size and underrated mobility is promising. He's also shown toughness after returning from his injuries mid season and continuing to perform.

Just an idea, that's all.
I'm fine with getting a QB later on in the draft as well. I don't think getting a QB with the first 3 picks in the draft is the best thing for the Seahawks. Getting someone later on or even in 2011 seems like the best case scenario.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
12th McLovin;44990 said:
I think I remember everyone saying the same stuff about Reggie Bush that you're saying about Spiller. And what happened to him? Spiller will be a good player in the NFL, but he will not be a #1 running back just like Bush isn't.

didnt you say you were born in 96? wouldnt that make you 8 or 9 around that time? hard for me to believe you were following the draft that closely as an 8 or 9 year old. and i wouldnt necessarily call bush a bust yet. his rookie year he caught 88 passes his rookie year and showed promise this last year. his problem has been with injuries. i think were yet to see the best of reggie bush. with that said, bush and spiller are not the same rb. spiller is more like chris johnson in his running style than reggie bush. if you have watched this kid play at all....and no im not just talking highlights on sportscenter, then you would know what the hype is about. he is a threat every time he touches the ball and is a TOUGH runner as well. he knows how to finish runs and will battle through injuries.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
dmarkholt12;45414 said:
he is a threat every time he touches the ball and is a TOUGH runner as well. he knows how to finish runs and will battle through injuries.

He'll have to battle through injuries... a back his size will get them. I still think Best is the better RB. I've said before I thought he had better moves and din't give up much in raw speed, and the combine showed they are equal there. Now he has his head injuries to be concerned about, so I wouldn't draft Best in the 1st Rd, but if he is there at 40 he'd be hard to ignore.

dmarkholt12

Huddler
Reaction score
D Hawk;45419 said:
He'll have to battle through injuries... a back his size will get them. I still think Best is the better RB. I've said before I thought he had better moves and din't give up much in raw speed, and the combine showed they are equal there. Now he has his head injuries to be concerned about, so I wouldn't draft Best in the 1st Rd, but if he is there at 40 he'd be hard to ignore.

i agree i definitely like them taking best at 40 better than taking spiller at 14. they are both explosive backs and had best not gotten hurt like he did this last year he would most likely be projected higher. i think there are other needs that need to be addressed with the 14th pick...but if we did grab spiller i wouldnt be too upset knowing how good he can be. there are also good backs that we can grab later. hardesty looked really good at the combine. weighs 225 runs a 4.49 40 and had the best vertical and broad jump out of any rb there. we will see how the draft goes, they can go so many different routes with their first 3 picks. it should be very exciting.

Reaction score
most college QB that put up big numbers work out of the gun. Many have never gone under Center and that will hurt them long term in the NFL.

Hawk30

Huddler
Reaction score
Im not a big fan of either one of them either. I think they would be crazy to take a qb at #6 this year! We have other needs that need to be taken care of in this draft.....Mattew's got at least one more good year.

Top Bottom