• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Carl Eller was convicted Monday

Irish Hawk 12

Huddler
Reaction score
This guy was one of my football heroes in the 60's

MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — Vikings great Carl Eller was convicted Monday of assault on a police officer and refusing to take a sobriety test.

A Hennepin County district judge announced the ruling, while Eller's attorney, Albert Goins, says he won't comment until reading the decision.

The 67-year-old Eller was convicted of the two gross misdemeanors that arose from a clash with Minneapolis police officers in April. Sentencing is scheduled Feb. 23.

``I am really disappointed in this decision and how I've been treated,'' Eller said.

In a pending federal lawsuit, he claims officers violated his civil rights, used excessive force and concealed videotape evidence of his arrest.

Prosecutors earlier dropped two more serious felony charges against Eller because they said the evidence wasn't strong enough to support them.

``I think this is an appropriate resolution to this matter,'' Hennepin County Attorney Mike Freeman said.

Eller was arrested April 9 who said they saw his Mercedes SUV swerve and speed through a stop sign. They gave chase and eventually attempted to arrest Eller in his garage, where they said he punched one officer and threw another one onto the hood of his SUV.

Eller was originally charged with fourth-degree assault and making terroristic threats, both felonies, and driving while impaired and refusing to take a chemical test for alcohol.

S

Seattlehawk94

He played for the Hawks for the Expansion Season also...

Top Bottom