• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Bumpus: Futbol, not football

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
In 2008, Michael Bumpus was a wide receiver full of potential and promise for the Seahawks.
He caught five passes in limited opportunities that season, including a 10-yard touchdown in a Week 3 win over the St. Louis Rams at Qwest Field.
Whatever happened to the former Washington State University star? Bumpus is attempting to switch sports – from football to futbol. Or soccer, as they call it in this country. Matt Gaschk of SoundersFC.com caught up with Bumpus and filed this report.
“Just for giggles I came out to Tacoma, not really expecting anything, and I got a ball back, so I’m putting my all into it and see what happens,” Bumpus said. “You only live once. Why not?”
Why not, indeed. Bumpus began playing club soccer when he was 13 with Santa Monica United, and also played at Culver City High School. Now, he’s looking to catch on with the Tacoma Tide of the Premier Developmental League.
“If this works out, I’d rather do this than football,” Bumpus said. “I just love the sport so much.”

b.gif
l50uVe3wR5Y

Source: Seahawks.com

Top Bottom