• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Ben Roethlisberger?

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
I'll be the first to admit that I'm not the BIGGEST Roethlisberger fan as far his on-the-field play goes. I am very aint-Pitssburgh. However, I would not object to the Seahawks showing interests in him if indeed the Steelers decide they want to open him up to trade market.

At only 28 years old, with 2 Super Bowl rings, he could potentially transform the Seahawks. I severely doubt that he would cause even more problems off the field if he were traded, because I personally believe he was innocent and he is much too smart to disgrace himself yet again.

I would imagine that we would have to get rid of Hasselbeck, because there's no way that he takes the backup role. I haven't thought of a specific trade scenario yet, maybe someone else can.

I know this isn't the direction that anyone realistically sees us going in, but the Seahawks have been fairly passive this off season and maybe they want to make a spark?

Reaction score
Sorry to disagree with you, but I'd rather scoop my eyes out with a rusted spoon before ever seeing that overrated piece of crap wearing a Seahawks jersey.

OP
K

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
lol yeah I figured this is how people would respond... and I understand, trust me.

I was just thinking that maybe this is the type of eccentric deal that PC and company would try to make

Reaction score
We just overpaid for Charlie Whitehurst why would we overpay for Big Ben? Is this a serious topic or just trying to get posts?

Striker

Huddler
Reaction score
Honestly, all he has to do on that team is let the D play ball and make a big play or 2 a game.

When the run game and D collapsed he failed to carry the team to even a playoff appearance. Overrated, Overhyped, and a waste of our forum space.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
I have a trade idea... let's trade KRS for a box of jello for my next tailgate party. Sorry, man, but really? Worthlessburger? He couldn't have played any worse in SB XL, and is overhyped. As far as the last incident - he got a pass, but he was far from innocent. He got an under aged girl drunk and took advantage of her. It might not have been "rape", but she was too drunk for consent. That aside... he still broke the law.

He has made a series of bad decisions, and won't stop. He's a glorified Ryan Leaf and I will turn in my tickets if he's on the team. People in his home town and Pittsburgh hate him because he is just a pile.

OP
K

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
Yea I guess it was kinda stupid to propose this on a Seahawks forum. Lol, I don't like him as a player any more than any of you do, but I can absolutely GUARANTEE you that the front office views him as a solid and experienced, yet young, quarterback who knows how to lead a team and escape pressure.

People on here mainly don't like him because of what happened in SB XL, but that is from a fan's point of view. I was trying to see things through our management's eyes or Pete Carroll's eyes. People in leadership positions and the media generally like Roethlisberger (on the field at least).

Again, I'm not a Big Ben fanatic, but I don't see where I deserved any of the flaming that just took place lol. You guys can't seriously be that narrow-minded.

If you disagree that the Hawks should pursue Roethlisberger, for a couple real reasons, then you have every right to do so. But posting irrational fanboy comments is much worse then me making this proposition in the first place.

sigpro

Huddler
Reaction score
I already said I would rather draft a QB than lose picks to trade for him, how is that an irrational fanboy response? They would want a first rounder and maybe a third rounder as well; you really want to give up those picks for him? WE ALREADY HAVE 3 QUARTERBACKS, WE JUST TRADED A BUNCH OF PICKS TO GET A QUARTERBACK, why in the living hell would we want to lose draft picks to get ANOTHER quarterback when we have so many needs to address AND it's a deep draft for many of the positions we need to fill.

Get out of here you little Steelers boy. How's that for an irrational fanboy comment?!

knownone

Huddler
Reaction score
Even if Roethlisberger was cheap the trade makes no sense, as others have said with out his D and running game he is an average QB at best... I would take Whitehurst over that.

OP
K

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure I called myself anti-Pittsburgh at the very beginning of the post. And Donovan McNabb just went for a 2nd and a conditional 3rd/4th next year. I doubt Roethlisberger would go for anything extremely more than that, especially in light of what just happened with him.

seahawkscott19: You said he was overrated, and forced a mediocre metaphor

sigpro: I guess you think Sam Bradford, Clausen, or some other unproven rookie is better than Roethlisberger? You didn't provide any defense for you're opinion, you just called him an idiot.

Hawk096: The fact that we overpaid Whitehurst is a legitimate reason

Pottsie: Baseless comment, with some gool 'ol, played out name-calling

Striker: I guess over 4300 yards, 26 touchdowns, and a QB rating of over 100 doesn't mean anything to you? Making the playoffs in the AFC is harder than you think.

sigpro: Yet another repetition of a cheesy nickname

D Hawk: I wouldn't exactly say, as a rational person, that he is a glorified Ryan Leaf. That is just a bit too extreme for me. But if that's your opinion then so be it. And I don't think it was necessary to compare me to a box of jello lol.

You guys are promoting the fact that to post on these boards you must hate all enemies of the Seahawks and not think reasonably. If we had played the Colts in SB XL, most of you would not hate ROethlisberger or the Steelers as much as you do, whether you realize it or not.

I'm not going to run this issue into the ground, because it clearly isn't popular on this forum. But at least have the decency to either (1) refrain from senseless name-calling, (2) think for at least a few seconds before flaming someone because of your tainted fanboy mentality, or (3) try to maybe defend some of your claims with facts or rationale

Thanks.

Reaction score
1. He's overrated.
2. He's an idiot.

That's all I got to say about Big Ben. If you think he's one of the best QBs you're kidding yourself.

OP
K

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
I never said that. I said in the eyes of the front office he is most likely viewed as solid and experienced.

Reaction score
KRS-ONE;47326 said:
I never said that. I said in the eyes of the front office he is most likely viewed as solid and experienced.
They don't care about experience, look at Charlie Whitehurst. I'm sure there's a team out there that would want him, but the majority of teams won't be willing to give up what the Steelers will be demanding in return.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
He's a solid QB for sure. I wouldn't want him for purely subjective fan reasons. That and the fact that he seemingly keeps placing himself in terrible predicaments. If your WR or RB gets suspended or jailed or whatever, that hurts. If the person that is supposed to lead your team does, that REALLY hurts.

OP
K

KRS-ONE

Huddler
Reaction score
I just feel that he has finally learned his lesson, but that still remains to be seen I guess. And Redskins fans were probably not huge lovers of McNabb, but maybe now they realize that he is going to help their team win a few more games in the near future, much more than any 2nd, 3rd, or 4th round draft choice will.

D Hawk

Huddler
Reaction score
KRS-ONE;47319 said:
Yea I guess it was kinda stupid to propose this on a Seahawks forum. Lol, I don't like him as a player any more than any of you do, but I can absolutely GUARANTEE you that the front office views him as a solid and experienced, yet young, quarterback who knows how to lead a team and escape pressure.

People on here mainly don't like him because of what happened in SB XL, but that is from a fan's point of view.
If you disagree that the Hawks should pursue Roethlisberger, for a couple real reasons, then you have every right to do so. But posting irrational fanboy comments is much worse then me making this proposition in the first place.

You can't guarantee those things, because he's giving the ownership and players a black eye. He's losing the respect of his team mates, and he's going to be hard-pressed to effectively lead those teams and make those players feel like he has their backs.

Also, I hated Ben long before SB XL. He has had a reputation as an arrogant blow-hard, and has done nothing to dispell it.

mlemour

Huddler
Reaction score
Pete Carroll is a person who gives players chances. Example if Ben came to the Seahawks he gives us a chance at the end of games to win! I guess I say I am not going to judge Ben because I believe the only person to judge is God. I would write a personal conduct clause in his contract. If he is remorseful, might have a great player!

Football brings out the worst in people. Your job on defense is to smash the other team's players and put them out of the game aka Ronnie Lott, Kenny Easley, Ray Lewis!. Your job on OL is to pancake the Defense Tackle on each and every play and to put people out of games. After a while of getting pancaked so muich, people start wanting to get revenge! Then dirty plays start happening. Look at the blood on the uniforms! You have to have a mean streak in you to play the game! Some know how to handle it and obviously some don't.

Obviously, Hasslebeck might get cut! But Big Ben to Reggie Williams first down sounds good to me! I might consider bringing him in after having a long chat with him and getting the full story and see if we can get him on track to help us win the Super Bowl!

The question really is Are we here to win the super bowl or here to be a competitive team that make it to the playoffs and lose in the 2nd round and have people say "well that was fun, we went as far as we could ." Ask the Mariners about that when they won 120 games. They had a chance to get Roger Clemens at the trade deadline and Howard Lincoln said" we are only interested in being competitive, not winning the WS." that showed me that they really didnt want to win! Same thing Padres Owner John Moores said. So if there is a chance to get a Super bowl 2 time champ in, wouldnt you consider bringing him in (at age 26 too) to help us bring a parade downtown. I want to die happy by having my lawn chair on the side of the road the night before ready for the Seahawk parade

Top Bottom