• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

B Quinn to the Hawks

Reaction score
[ame="http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4982407"]Sources: Cleveland Browns looking to trade Brady Quinn, add another quarterback; Jake Delhomme to visit - ESPN[/ame]

Just kidding
No way in hell I want that overhyped boy here.

robdog

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
HAHA holy crap you had me going. :)

I really had high hopes for this guy going into the draft. I really feel part of his troubles was the system he was in and flopping back and forth the coach did with the starting QB position.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i think he still has chance of being good one day, he just needs a good line and some good wideouts. he has strong arm and good mechanics, he just needs to work on his descision making

Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;45977 said:
i think he still has chance of being good one day, he just needs a good line and some good wideouts. he has strong arm and good mechanics, he just needs to work on his descision making
Exactly why he shouldn't come to Seattle.

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
the only qb that can do good in our line is a qb thats good at creating more time by evading tackles and stepping out of pocket, and i think quinn can be good at that he is a very athletic qb

LaceyBALL3R360

Huddler
Reaction score
i think our line this year could be completely dif though than weve seen in years, since we switched to zone blocking scheme could help give more time, even though run blocking wiill still suck

HAWKSFAN21

Huddler
Reaction score
why would we go after quinn might as well go after clausen. hell lets see what Rick Mirer is up to these days. After the Mirer collapse i want nothing to do with a ND QB. Besides all that i don't think quinn will ever be that good. He was supposed to be a top 10 pick and went what 22nd. teams seen something that kept them from picking him in the early first round. i think it has kind of showed why in his play thus far, hasn't looked very good at all. I would rather see what Teel can do personally.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
LaceyBALL3R360;45992 said:
i think our line this year could be completely dif though than weve seen in years, since we switched to zone blocking scheme could help give more time, even though run blocking wiill still suck

Weve had a zone blocking line since solari came here 2 years ago.
Gibbs is just the godfather.

Quinn looked really good at Bench Press.. and as a Matt Dillan Look alike, thats about it.

There seems to be alot of Clausen haters, even in the media, and it seems unfounded. I think you everyone might be suprised.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
Nobody likes Clausen because of his personality ' I am all mighty and must look down on you'

his family hired a hair and makeup group for their sons press conf in HS!

szat;46002 said:
Weve had a zone blocking line since solari came here 2 years ago.
Gibbs is just the godfather.

Quinn looked really good at Bench Press.. and as a Matt Dillan Look alike, thats about it.

There seems to be alot of Clausen haters, even in the media, and it seems unfounded. I think you everyone might be suprised.

Walddo

Huddler
Reaction score
Number 18;46015 said:
We only implemented zone blocking last season and it was a half-assed job.

Yep, and there aren't many better people to help execute it then Gibbs. I think if we can get Okung - and with some new coaching, we might have a shot at giving matt at least an extra second per snap this season, opposed to last.

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Point being, "just changing to a 'improved' zone blocking" wont make it all better.
We still cant get around the fact that we need some fresh talent here on the line, not that anyone is. We lost jones, wahle, gray, Tobeck, just in the last 3-4 years.. let us not forget.

OP
SeahawkWag
Reaction score
wow could have got Brady for a few used kicking T's, some Gatorade G2, and a puppy.

still a little steep IMO

Seahawk Freak

Huddler
Reaction score
Walddo;46032 said:
I think if we can get Okung - and with some new coaching, we might have a shot at giving matt at least an extra second per snap this season, opposed to last.

Don't get your hopes up!

Pining for Okung is like wishing we had not let Hutch go! Does no good. Okung will be gone by 6.

SeaHawksHuddle

Huddler
Reaction score
Seahawk Freak;46143 said:
Don't get your hopes up!

Pining for Okung is like wishing we had not let Hutch go! Does no good. Okung will be gone by 6.

That is a poor comparison. Why couldn't teams take Bradford, Suh, McCoy, Clausen, and Berry leaving Okung at 6? I'm not saying it is the most likely scenario, but it is possible. Especially now that Cleveland has terrible QBs. I wouldn't be surprised if Holmgren tried to trade up for one of the QBs in the draft.

Top Bottom