• Welcome to Seattle Seahawks NFL Football Forum & Community!

Seahawks Huddle is one of the largest online communities for the Seattle Seahawks. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Any 'Hawks worth tagging?

Reaction score
Dizzle- Don't think that's the case at all. Don't know where you read that, but your unrestricted if you have six or more years of NFL experience.

OP
Pottsie
Reaction score
OK you guys, think about it... who on our defense this past season showed the most passion, fire & physical ability? Cory Redding? Colin Cole? HA! No, it was D-Tapp. This guy is one of the best playmakers we have on defense. If we don't re-up with him he's the ONLY player I feel we should tag. He's worth it.

Reaction score
He's not worth 10 mill though man. I'd love to see us re-sign him, but dishing out 10 mill to an average pass rusher is just dumb.

Reaction score
Tapp was also one of the stupidest players out there. I think I pointed out how he always sacrificed contain to get to the back field. He is the worst DE on this team when it comes to keeping your outside shoulder free. Hell alot of the time I watched him line up in the C gap. How can you ever stop a run play outside when you do that?

Reaction score
No need to Franchise Tapp. He is a restricted FA under the "final year" clause in the CBA stating that any player with under 6 years experience is a RFA and the team will tender him. Nate is from the area and wants to stay so I don't think he will leave if he has a choice. Much like Deilman did to the Seahawks the other year he might go test the market and come back to the Hawks with the numbers but he'll probobly take slightly less to stay. Mare it's possible they tag him but if they do I would expect that it's just to extend nagotiations on a 2-3 year deal.

Reaction score
Bobflipaburgar- with all do respect to say anyone "will" or "won't" be a restricted free agent when there is a new CBA is erroneous. Free Agency is covered under the CBA and there will be plenty of changes in the new one. They are not even close to agreeing on anything other then the rookie salary cap so any speculation would be premature, let alone making a blanket statement and submiting it as fact.
On another note I like this website, it's been well done.

Reaction score
The Brett and Brian Show;44571 said:
Bobflipaburgar- with all do respect to say anyone "will" or "won't" be a restricted free agent when there is a new CBA is erroneous. Free Agency is covered under the CBA and there will be plenty of changes in the new one. They are not even close to agreeing on anything other then the rookie salary cap so any speculation would be premature, let alone making a blanket statement and submiting it as fact.

I just copied and pasted that from another thread.

Reaction score
The Brett and Brian Show;44571 said:
I'm pretty sure the NFL has already stated what will happen if there isn't a new CBA and Bob is 100% correct, even if he only copied and pasted it.

Reaction score
Bob- I think that you are suggesting that you know what was wrong with that post. I'm new to this forum and had not seen the previous post so I am not sure who put it up there, but because you didn't credit them with the post it looked like your list to me. Sorry for the confusion.
Brett

Reaction score
PhaZe- The NFL didn't "Decide" what to do. The rules that this season are clearly deffined in the Current CBA under the "Final League Year Clause" which was inacted by the owners opting out of the current CBA before the 2008 deadline. The CBA was intended to run through to 2012. Any statement made about this year under those rules can be stated as fact, but any statement of what the new CBA will read is erronious and premature. Your are correct some of the statements where correct but some were not. You can download the CBA at the Players Assocciation website. Just off the top of my head I think it starts talking about it around page 237, but I'm not 100% positive that's the page.
Brett

Reaction score
If it had to do with my posts I may not have worded them correctly, but I don't know what posts we're talking about with Bob and Phaze.

Reaction score
The Brett and Brian Show;44586 said:
PhaZe- The NFL didn't "Decide" what to do. The rules that this season are clearly deffined in the Current CBA under the "Final League Year Clause" which was inacted by the owners opting out of the current CBA before the 2008 deadline. The CBA was intended to run through to 2012. Any statement made about this year under those rules can be stated as fact, but any statement of what the new CBA will read is erronious and premature. Your are correct some of the statements where correct but some were not. You can download the CBA at the Players Assocciation website. Just off the top of my head I think it starts talking about it around page 237, but I'm not 100% positive that's the page.
Brett
I never said the NFL "decided" what happened, I said they "stated" what would happen. :wink:

I understand what you're saying about the free agency rules if a new CBA is reached, but it doesn't hurt to consider it will be close to the same, if not the same. If I was an owner I would want a player to remain a RFA longer, but at the same time if you want someone from another team you want the player to become an UFA quicker. If I was a player I wouldn't want to be a RFA at all because it limits the money you will receive and doesn't let you "shop" around.

Reaction score
Today's the first day teams are allowed to tag players and I will be writing a blog as to if any Seahawk upcoming FA is worthy of the tagging.

Reaction score
Hawks need to do like the broncos last year and clean house!!

The coaching and front office portion has been done...

now it's time to trade/cut about 40% of the players.

......BEGAN!

szat

Huddler
Reaction score
Sims is NOT our best lineman!
your kidding right?

I'd keep locklear (at RT though) willis, and unger. Eveyone else is a back-up.

Spencer and Sims time is up!

Reaction score
12th McLovin;44902 said:
Rob Sims is our best lineman, and I don't see anybody else even remotely worth franchising.

I don't mean to sound rude... but did you slip and hit your head during that snow storm ya'll had in DC?

Rob Sims is garbage!!

12th McLovin

Huddler
Reaction score
#ONE;44923 said:
I don't mean to sound rude... but did you slip and hit your head during that snow storm ya'll had in DC?

Rob Sims is garbage!!

Find another one of our linemen who started 14 games and gave up less than 3 sacks and 1 penalty. If Locklear could stay healthy, maybe he would be capable, but he seems to get hurt every time he steps out of bed in the morning.

Reaction score
Here's the article on the possibility of Seahawks using a Franchise Tag in which can also be found on my blog:
The NFL is one league that never comes to an end.
As soon as the Super Bowl ends NFL scouts and management start to prepare for the off-season festivities. However the first one teams can start to handle was kicked-off Friday. Franchise tagging is underway and with the current CBA looking to bring an uncapped year in the NFL there is one key change to the Franchise tagging.
In the past teams were allowed to use either the Franchise of Transitional tag. This year teams can use both of the tags. A Franchise tag is a one-year deal in which the player will make an average of the top 5 paid players at his position- he has to sign a tender. A Transitional tag is one the Seahawks try to forget about. Basically you’re a free agent, but the team has seven days to match the offer the player receives or let him go and receive nothing in return for him.
Currently the Seahawks have quite a few free agents set to test the market March 5th- when the NFL New Year starts. However none of them are worth the price of top 5 money at their position. Nate Burleson, Daryl Tapp and Olindo Mare are three of the top free agents, but their value isn’t placed at top 5 at their position in the NFL.
Mare might sign an extension before the free agency period starts according to his agent. Tapp on the other hand will be a restricted free agent meaning the Seahawks will have the option of picking up his contract or receiving a draft pick as compensation. Burleson being a hometown boy might be willing to give Seattle a hometown offer, but if he doesn’t then Seattle maybe in trouble. Burleson’s knee problems over the years are part of the reason he’s not worthy of the franchise tag, but when he has been healthy his consistent play with Matt Hasselbeck has been key and a success.
For the next two weeks as the NFL places tags on their pending free agents it appears the Seahawks will be sitting this one out, but then again with new management and a new coach it’s possible they take a chance and run a trick play on the fans.

Reaction score
One key reason Tapp isn't worth the franchise tag- NFL released the money terms a player at DE would earn with the tag and it's $12.398. In my mind he's not worth that much for one-year. He isn't even a top 10 DE end in the NFL let alone worth it.

Top Bottom